LaunchBox Community Forums

No Filler Mame Rom Set Version 2

Lordmonkus

This is true even with the bat file it is pretty simple to look at its content and add your own games once you see what it is actually doing it isn't really that complex you just copy what is there and add the rom name and extension.

I know download time, ISP usage caps and too a lesser degree HDD space is an issue with the non merged. However I do think they fit in better for LB. With every other emulator there are no dependencies between roms. So with non merged it will behave more like all the other systems do.

Edited by spectral

51 minutes ago, spectral said:

I tend to be a fan of having an entire series. That said I'm not sure that is the best option here. This is a no filler list and I think a lot of that stuff is so similar having a bunch of them could very much feel like filler. I don't think there is a one rule fits all solution here. I think you're going to have to make judgement calls on which entries in a series deserve to be there or if you are unsure maybe put it too a vote. I think it should also depends on how many entries a series has too. I don't see a problem with MK1,2, 3 and 4 for example. each entry has significant differences. However for Street fighter I think some would need pruning., definitely so for King of Fighters and Guilty Gear.

What @spectral said. :)

For Street Fighter what I was planning on was the Hyper Street Fighter Anniversary one since that lets you pick and choose how the game plays for SF2, CE, Turbo, Super and Super Turbo. Then I was gonna include the 3 Alpha games but leave the EX games out and same with the SF IIIs because those would require CHDs which as I have said I wont be including.

This is also why I am starting early on gathering peoples thoughts and opinions on this so early.

• Like 1

while I agree in general about CHD's it does seem a shame for a few games as I think SFIII 3rd strike and both KI games deserve to be on the list. But as mentioned previously it doesn't necessarily have to be that conclusive. The main thing is that it filters out the filler noone in their right mind would want. I'm sure everyone is going to add/remove some games themselves to fit personal tastes anyway.

Edited by spectral

I simply don't have the download speed to get the CHD files for proper testing. As it is already if I do decide to go with the Non Merged set that would take me several days of constant downloading at 12 Mbit download speeds.

Now when the time comes to do all of this if someone wants to get the names of the games that require the CHDs and their file names I can include them in the batch file and someone can test it to make sure it is correct.

The original 170 No Filler lists over on the arcadecontrols.com thread included them so if the names havent changed much it shouldn't be a big problem but I would still need a tester when the time comes.

jojo
kinst
kinst2
mace
sfiii3
hyperath
nagano98
blitz
gauntdl
gauntleg

I have a few of those and the names are the same for me, although I'm still using 185. There's no real point doing too much now other than getting the general idea of what you want to do down as there is no telling what might change between now and 200.

Edited by spectral

Yeah exactly, the main purpose of this thread for now is to get peoples thoughts and opinions on how it all should be done so once 200 drops ill be ready to go.

I'm hoping more people will chime in on the actual games lists, what games need to be added or if any I have on there should be removed.

I would add Cosmic Cop to the shooters horizontal, its part of the R-Type series. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/33836

Also I didn't see NARC in there, technically a horizontal shooter??

Fighting VS: I would add Soul Edge, I think Soul Calibur needs a CHD but I'm not 100% on that, if it doesn't I'd add that also.

Puzzle: Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo.

If I think of any others Ill come back. :)