LaunchBox Community Forums

No Filler Mame Rom Set Version 2

Lordmonkus

2 minutes ago, zetec-s-joe said:

This is great :) love how you don't need Special controlls. Any chance you could make a modified version to not have the multi player/splitscreen extras, maybe just keep the the 4 player versions and remove the rest so character can be chosen?

Do it yourself, its not hard, or just add them all to LB, then just delete the ones you don't want.

• 1 month later...

This is great I love sets like this. It's been a while since I've updated MAME and this time I went non-merged instead of updating to use this. I noticed this is totally new and not an update of the original so I ran the original done by badmouth, removed the few games that use CHDs then coppied the new set over it.

I went from 660-odd ROMS to 879 ROMs, I was pleasantly surprised to find that there wasn't very many dupes

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is there any way to take my existing list of arcade games in Launchbox, and add a Custom Field like "NoFiller" and then automatically tag everything in this list on it? Then I wouldn't be making any changes to my set of roms, but still be able to view the list of games you all have picked out.

Obviously I can do it by hand, but if there’s some way I can script it, maybe others would find it useful?

Edited by Sasquatch5

5 hours ago, DOS76 said:

hmm wonder if you could make a dat or something with the no filler data and then Jason could just add that to his MAME data and there would be an automate filled playlist for the No Filler set

I’ll give this a shot tonight. I need to take a look at the file structure of LaunchBox. I’m new to all this.

14 hours ago, DOS76 said:

hmm wonder if you could make a dat or something with the no filler data and then Jason could just add that to his MAME data and there would be an automate filled playlist for the No Filler set

Ok, so after looking, I'm not quite sure what you mean about a .dat file.

I was able to download the playlist Lordmonkus linked and just load it in, and it loaded all the games onto it.

What I did after I added the playlist was create a Custom Field named NoFiller. Then I bulk edited the NoFiller playlist and set a value Yes for NoFiller for all games. I bulk-edited everything not in NoFiller to have a value of Z.  Now I can sort individual categories by NoFiller, like Fighting games, and the NoFiller games appear at the top. 

There may be a better way to do that, but it worked for me.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, buyumek yasak said:

hi, great work but

why did u choose clone roms instead of parent? there are 143 clone roms in there.

Im sure he had his reasons, likely to do with player numbers, or just updated versions. Also the parent may be in Japanese and maybe he chose the English language versions, which are technically clones of the Japanese parent in some cases.

hi, i trimmed down my mame collection to 633 games, which i consider as "must have". it is all clean, no clones, only parent roms.  Tested and working with version 0.207.

My question is how do i create a batch file so i can share it with you guys? so it copies my roms to a subfolder in a full rom set folder.  

How did you trim it? Are you saying you used clrmampro or something and have a .dat file or did you trim them down in LaunchBox? Or did you just make a playlist with your 633 roms? Just trying to figure out where to get the list of filenames from and what you have in what folders.