LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Now Available

Jason Carr

On previous version i had problems with "wobbling"

The frame could change it's structure - haven't noticed anything of that now

Also i had issues LB crashed if i switched to another system on the menu bar - nothing of that now

But when if if did - say i want to switch to another system - the mouse pointer changes to a blue circle like it's on idle

If i press mouse button LB would end up freezing with a white screen with eventually ends with a message this program has stop responding

12 hours ago, Ranthalion75 said:

Weird, With the new version of .Next, any DOS game I edit no longer loads.  Nothing at all, doesn't even start DOSBox.  ?

Ahh, no, it's a mounting problem. If I add a mounted image, it no longer launches DOSBox.

Looks like only CD-ROM mounts do it. Not floppy.

Okay, it was because of mounting an image with an ' in the file name.  No error saying why it wasn't loading DOSBox. I renamed the image without the '.  From Dragon's Lair to Dragons Lair and it now works.

But LaunchBox gives no error about it, and I believe it used to.

Thanks for figuring that out. Yes, the ' character has always been an issue, but it should be telling you that. I'll take a look.

Just now, Zeaede said:

On previous version i had problems with "wobbling"

The frame could change it's structure - haven't noticed anything of that now

Also i had issues LB crashed if i switched to another system on the menu bar - nothing of that now

But when if if did - say i want to switch to another system - the mouse pointer changes to a blue circle like it's on idle

If i press mouse button LB would end up freezing with a white screen with eventually ends with a message this program has stop responding

I'm confused; are you still seeing any of these issues with 8.4?

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for figuring that out. Yes, the ' character has always been an issue, but it should be telling you that. I'll take a look.

I'm confused; are you still seeing any of these issues with 8.4?

I said no mate

It seems very stable as of what i have tried so far

Another exampel - if i would import roms

From when i click on the menu bar and is asked to import folder - there the mouse again could chainge from ponter to blue circle rotating and if i didn't press button it could take a couple of minutes before i could go on import the folder

If i pressed button during that point LB would end crashing, nothing now either

• Like 1

Just now, Zeaede said:

I said no mate

It seems very stable as of what i have tried so far

Another exampel - if i would import roms

From when i click on the menu bar and is asked to import folder - there the mouse again could chainge from ponter to blue circle rotating and if i didn't press button it could take a couple of minutes before i could go on import the folder

If i pressed button during that point LB would end crashing, nothing now either

Great to hear. :)

7 minutes ago, nietzsche666 said:

@neil9000: It says I have to go premium for changing anything there.

I might actually do this at some point, still it would be nice if the team might think about letting that option remain free for the next update.

Especially if old Launchbox style isn't available anymore at that point.

Sorry for the road block @nietzsche666. The visual customization options in LaunchBox have always been premium-only, so we plan to keep them that way. The point is to make it work out of the box for everyone, but require the premium version if you want to do special customizations.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, throwingmuse said:

Is there an option to show MAME parent videos for clones? If not, could it be added in the MAME import wizard?

Do you mean to show the same videos for the MAME parent games on the child games? This should already work through EmuMovies just fine if you group all the clones together into additional apps with the full set import wizard.

Yes.

I should point out that I already have all MAME media (snap, title, video, etc.) downloaded before I begin the game import into LaunchBox. I only have parent videos for a game set (i.e. no clone videos).

I used the Import MAME Arcade Full Set wizard and verified that "Import Clones as Additional Apps" was selected. However, after the import, no clone game has the parent video set as its video.

I am not downloading media as I import; I already have the media before the import.

Is this possible to do with the wizard without having to manually edit every clone afterwards to use the parent video?

2 hours ago, throwingmuse said:

Yes.

I should point out that I already have all MAME media (snap, title, video, etc.) downloaded before I begin the game import into LaunchBox. I only have parent videos for a game set (i.e. no clone videos).

I used the Import MAME Arcade Full Set wizard and verified that "Import Clones as Additional Apps" was selected. However, after the import, no clone game has the parent video set as its video.

I am not downloading media as I import; I already have the media before the import.

Is this possible to do with the wizard without having to manually edit every clone afterwards to use the parent video?

If you download the videos as you import, it will work. However, they won't all be found unless you re-download, because the root games are not all the same as they were before, because of region prioritization. So you'll have to just re-download them via the Download Metadata and Media wizard. If you don't want any duplicates, you should probably clear out the video folder first. It's currently not possible to automatically find all the clone videos and match them up.

55 minutes ago, throwingmuse said:

Would it be possible to add an option to prioritize "parent rom" rather than a region so that only parent roms are imported and all child clones are additional apps?

I can probably add that at some point, yes, though unfortunately it won't be an immediate priority. I think you're the second person to request it.

• Like 1

• Jason Carr unfeatured and unpinned this topic