LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Now Available

Jason Carr

On 3/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, Drybonz said:

Beta 6 ran for a few minutes, then crashed and hangs on "loading interface" when I try to restart.

As best I can tell, this seems to be a one-off, as I haven't heard this from anyone else. If you can zip up and send me your Data folder in a PM @Drybonz I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:07 AM, alnyden said:

Do the "Hide Games Missing Media" options apply to Big Box as well?

The options will apply to Big Box (they'll actually have separate settings for Big Box hopefully), but that's not quite implemented yet.

On 3/31/2018 at 4:50 AM, MenDo said:

games still not populated when I launch the software and I have to change category/sub-category to see them .. I hope thus bug resolved soon

Let me know if you're still seeing this in beta 7, which just came out.

35 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Any way to get this without choosing to allow beta installs?..I just want to run it since it's a separate EXE and try it out...

LaunchBox.Next is still beta, so you must use a beta release. We'll release it officially when it's ready (and we're confident it's not going to mess up people's data, for instance). You can always install another copy of LaunchBox, update to the beta, and play with it that way.

I updated to the latest Beta release today (8.2.7). LaunchBox.Next.exe ran once. After it closed, it will not re-open. I suspect a config value issue but I am not sure which/where it might be. I removed LaunchBox.Next.exe.config but that did not help. There is no output to the console when started from there and the Logs directory is empty.

Nevermind. I copied LaunchBox.exe.config as LaunchBox.Next.exe.config and it was able to start again...

Win 10 x64

NVidia GTX 1080

32GB

Edited by throwingmuse
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cleverest said:

Anyone trying the new beta with a very large collection say 30,000 or more, does it make a huge difference? Just curious.

I better than quadruple that with my library and yes, yes it does make a difference. The hugest and most massive intense difference. Literally and without hyperbole, orders of magnitude faster in both drawing and browsing in general. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Edited by cammelspit
  • Like 2

@Jason Carr Today I tried the Launchbox.Next for the first time and I just wanted to let you know I'm super impressed with it. The look and feel is so spot on, great improvement over the previous version :). I see it's also using less cpu resources which is great too. Thanks and looking forward to the polished official release next week!

• Like 2

I love seeing the performance boost on Launchbox. You guys truly are committed to this! Any plans to overhaul the performance on Bigbox? Coming from longtime use of Hyperspin, Bigbox is amazing in terms of ease of use and updating, and the themes are better, but the performance leaves something to be desired on a reasonably spec’d Pc (i5 4460, GTX 970, SSD drives). 

Edited by noiseordinance