LaunchBox Community Forums

Darn it... This is addictive...

reaper71129

56 minutes ago, reaper71129 said:

Wow... and I thought I was OCD... lol... alot of great information tho.... and I use the dolphin bar by mayflash for my Wii controller 

Oh you Sir are definitely OCD. I can't even comprehend 15k roms ...not, yet anyway, but give it a few more months, maybe i'll get there. If i may ask, how long have you been at it?

5 minutes ago, Chumpalot said:

Actually I have just discovered that my motherboard, a Z97 MSI Gaming ACK supports Bluetooth 4.1 so I'm hoping it works out of the box.  If you could let me know what Bluetooth adapter you're using all the same that would be great though.

Cheers.

I'm using the bluetooth from my Asus Maximus IX board.

Didn't know that those were bluetooth, that's easy then (at least as long as they sell them, 10 years from now, not so much).  
But i'm wondering, i got an Oculus Rift, could maybe the Touch Controllers and the Sensors do the same job in some Wii Emulator?  
I'm just thinking 10, 20, 30 years down the line the original hardware won't be around so alternate input methods should be supported, the VR headsets are pretty mainstream already and basically do that same job as far as motion controls go. It might need some hacky driver stuff but that should be possible at least.  

It should be possible in theory. Maybe there is a thread or tutorial about this somewhere. Will try to find something tomorrow. Then again you could try a JoyCon which should work almost the same way, without the need for the sensor bar. Could be interesting if the developers of Dolphin are working on this.

I'm mostly settled and I'm good just sticking with games I like on the major systems. I do still enjoy occasionally running across systems I'm not familiar with and snagging a few of what appear to be major highlights of the catalog. I've been looking into the BBC Micro and the Oric recently, for instance. I'm getting pretty close to being really done, though :)

• 2 months later...