LaunchBox Community Forums

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Do the videos play if you use the default theme? Sorry if you've already answered that question. You can also try switching between video playback engines to see if that makes any difference.

Yes they play, they also play in a different theme.  Only in Unified they are not playing.  I have seen everyone else get this to work.  Tried using wmp and vlc.  Downloaded k-lite pack too, no effect before or after.

The video plays in launchbox without an issue - Just in BigBox it's not playing.

I just get the default black screen inside the box.  - All the platform videos work- just not the game videos.

I have made sure the video is in the video path selected within launchbox.  Also made sure that the name of the file exactly matches the title.  - No Joy.

Any suggestions on what I Can try?

Edited by snipered

6 hours ago, snipered said:

Yes they play, they also play in a different theme.  Only in Unified they are not playing.  I have seen everyone else get this to work.  Tried using wmp and vlc.  Downloaded k-lite pack too, no effect before or after.

The video plays in launchbox without an issue - Just in BigBox it's not playing.

I just get the default black screen inside the box.  - All the platform videos work- just not the game videos.

I have made sure the video is in the video path selected within launchbox.  Also made sure that the name of the file exactly matches the title.  - No Joy.

Any suggestions on what I Can try?

This might be something that @CriticalCid would need to help with, though he may be on a much-needed break ftm. Make sure that all the DLL files in the Themes\Unified\Plugins folder are "unlocked" (from File properties). My only other thought is that it could be a resolution issue if you're not running a typical resolution or a resolution that the theme supports.

That’s an odd issue and the first time I’ve heard about it being a problem with Unified, so I’m quite clueless about it as well.

What version of LaunchBox / Big Box are you using? Unified may not work with LB versions prior 8.2 due to some changes of the video stretching options for theme developers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

That’s an odd issue and the first time I’ve heard about it being a problem with Unified, so I’m quite clueless about it as well.

What version of LaunchBox / Big Box are you using? Unified may not work with LB versions prior 8.2 due to some changes of the video stretching options for theme developers.

I got annoyed in the end and installed the Unified - Redux that works nicely.

I tried using a different resolution and that didn't work.  I assume something went wrong with install.  Tried 3 times and same thing.  I am using an Ultrawide monitor.

The redux version is smaller and works nicely.  Thank you all for your assistance.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, snipered said:

I got annoyed in the end and installed the Unified - Redux that works nicely.

I tried using a different resolution and that didn't work.  I assume something went wrong with install.  Tried 3 times and same thing.  I am using an Ultrawide monitor.

The redux version is smaller and works nicely.  Thank you all for your assistance.

Good to hear that Redux works, though I'm not quite sure why lol. That said, I do have an ultrawide monitor myself so maybe I did tweak something, though I don't remember fixing anything with videos not showing up.

I found an issue when trying to setup this theme and I was wondering if someone could help me.  I migrated from hyperspin to launchbox because hyperspin was a pain to setup.  I love launchbox and I will never go back.  However, when I saw that this theme is available I was ecstatic.

The issue I am having is that I do not see any of these two options in my options -> views

• Platform Vertical Wheel View 1: Fullscreen video + scrolling text
  • Platform Vertical Wheel View 2: Fullscreen video without scrolling text

For 'platforms list view' I only have 'Platform wheel' 1 to 4 (not vertical wheel) and 'text list with details'.  As a result, the theme works exactly like the youtube video example inside each platform but I am unable to properly set up the view for the systems where I can only use a similar to the default view ('text list with details') or a full screen video.

I went through the instructions carefully, several times, and in detail but still cannot find the issue.  I have been at this for almost 4 hours. Could someone please help?

I am running the latest version of Big Box v8.9 and I also am a premium Emumovies subscriber.  I do not know if you need any config file to assist me in this matter, however if needed be I will gladly provide whatever required.

I thank you all in advance.

Kind regards

Hope I can help, I use this theme myself.

This theme only has the first 2 views themed.   Platform View 1 is a full screen video with scrolling text (details about the platform scroll along the bottom)  Platform View 2 is full screen video without this scrolling text.

The other 3 views aren't themed, so don't look right.   What exactly are you trying to do?  I apologize, but I don't understand from your wording what you're attempting to do.

Agree, it is a little hard to understand exactly what you are looking for. In the platform view options Wheel 1 and 2 are the vertical wheel options. The platform view only has a vertical wheel. You either choose the one with scrolling text or one without. The only other option in platform views is test list. Many times the theme creator gives the games list more view options than the platform list since these view often include box, cart, cd, or various other images. 

Basically a theme is coded a certain way to contain specific view types made by the theme designer. There will be a certain amount of platform views as well as game views you can choose from. If a view you want is not there as you switch through the view styles or you want to alter something in a specific view you would have to code it yourself or ask the theme creator (or other members) if they could help. 

Thanks for your replies and for trying to help.

Maybe I was too detailed in my description.  Let me say that inside each system/platform the view is as I want and as expected from what we all can see in the video of the theme 

For the systems/platforms I want it the same way as you can see in the first 30 seconds of the video, basically what I want is to view each system as shown in the attached image (this is a prnt scrn from the theme video as well). What I have now is exactly what  @denmiclaw described "Platform View 1 is a full screen video with scrolling text (details about the platform scroll along the bottom)  Platform View 2 is full screen video without this scrolling text".

Do you know how to set it up so that I can see each system/platform view like in the video/attached image?

Thanks again

example01.png

The first 30 seconds and that image are just showing vertical wheel 1 option. Also it looks that way as those are just the specific platform videos Cid downloaded and is using with the theme. 

Edited: You want the Unified platform videos. I see Neil responded below how to download.  

7 minutes ago, PlanetSmasher said:

Thanks for your replies and for trying to help.

Maybe I was too detailed in my description.  Let me say that inside each system/platform the view is as I want and as expected from what we all can see in the video of the theme 

For the systems/platforms I want it the same way as you can see in the first 30 seconds of the video, basically what I want is to view each system as shown in the attached image (this is a prnt scrn from the theme video as well). What I have now is exactly what  @denmiclaw described "Platform View 1 is a full screen video with scrolling text (details about the platform scroll along the bottom)  Platform View 2 is full screen video without this scrolling text".

Do you know how to set it up so that I can see each system/platform view like in the video/attached image?

Thanks again

example01.png

That bottom image is just a fullscreen platform video, You will need to download platform videos. If you have premium, which you must for Bigbox, then in Launchbox go to tools/download platform/playlist videos.

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

That bottom image is just a fullscreen platform video, You will need to download platform videos. If you have premium, which you must for Bigbox, then in Launchbox go to tools/download platform/playlist videos.

I am sorry but what you mention is correct but not addressing the issue.   As you can see from the video, the platform/playlist plays in the area designated for the video and you have static art around it, the mario character, the console image and the system/platform name.  At this point, I do not have anything in my screen except a full screen video like @denmiclaw described.  What I wish to have is exactly as shown in the theme video and not the full screen video.  I am posting a few prnt scrns below of my current setup.

Thank you, I know you are trying to help, and I deeply appreciate and, I apologize in advance if I am not being clear enough.

example02.png

example04.png

example03.png

1 minute ago, PlanetSmasher said:

As you can see from the video, the platform/playlist plays in the area designated for the video and you have static art around it, the mario character, the console image and the system/platform name

That whole thing is a video, its not just a video of gameplay in the window, the whole thing is a video with a small gameplay video and all the artwork and console image and such. Go to tools/download platform/playlist videos and download the snes emumovies unified video for it, you will see what i mean. 

This is the snes video for example playing in VLC with the window where you download it from opened.Screenshot_(185).thumb.png.2fbcac4c0551fd6360ddfd121a423ada.png

25 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

That whole thing is a video, its not just a video of gameplay in the window, the whole thing is a video with a small gameplay video and all the artwork and console image and such. Go to tools/download platform/playlist videos and download the snes emumovies unified video for it, you will see what i mean. 

This is the snes video for example playing in VLC with the window where you download it from opened.Screenshot_(185).thumb.png.2fbcac4c0551fd6360ddfd121a423ada.png

@neil9000 I cannot thank you enough!!!   This is exactly what I was looking for and what I wanted.  Truly, thank you. 

My apologies also for assuming something erroneous.  You see, I come from hyperspin and in hyperspin, this is composed by a series of images with one area for the video.

Your instructions are clear and concise.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Ok.  So essentially, what you want is the game view to look the same as the platform view?  Which is not possible, as Neil said, since the platform view is a full screen video..  you would need to have to make a full set of game views to do what you want.

Edited by denmiclaw

11 minutes ago, denmiclaw said:

Ok.  So essentially, what you want is the game view to look the same as the platform view?  Which is not possible, as Neil said, since the platform view is a full screen video..  you would need to have to make a full set of game views to do what you want.

He doesnt actually have to make them. They already exist. Neil gave steps on how to download them and which version to choose. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is an incredible theme, looks amazing. 

This question may have been asked already, so apologies in advance. Is it possible to make the Platform Wheel Logos Larger?  I'm using the Hursty Round wheel platform set and tried to rezise the image but that didn't work.

Any ideas please?