LaunchBox Community Forums

Love this theme, you have done a great job on it.

I do have one problem though. I cannot get the logo to work on the the platform wheel for 3 of my systems. 

• NEC TurboGrafx-16
  • Nintendo 64DD
  • Nintendo Famicom Disk System

The other images, background, pointer, etc work just fine for those and every other system has the correct logo art. I am at a loss as to what else to check. Any ideas?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, erebus44 said:

Love this theme, you have done a great job on it.

I do have one problem though. I cannot get the logo to work on the the platform wheel for 3 of my systems. 

• NEC TurboGrafx-16
  • Nintendo 64DD
  • Nintendo Famicom Disk System

The other images, background, pointer, etc work just fine for those and every other system has the correct logo art. I am at a loss as to what else to check. Any ideas?

I had the same issue for TurboGrafx-16, so I just found a clear logo .png from Google Images, and dropped it into the right image folder for the platform.  it was super, super easy.

I'm really happy to report all my systems work wonderfully, and I'm eagerly awaiting the New Unified Videos from @CriticalCid on the FTP he mentioned.  I'm giddy like a schoolgirl.

4 minutes ago, Charco said:

Ensure that you have your clear logos in the folder Images -> Platforms -> (Platform Name) -> Clear Logo and in the Big Box options go to Options -> Image Cache and click Refresh Platform Wheel Images.

That did it. Thank you for your help

• Like 1

WOW! Thank you for compiling this theme. Beautiful work. Some themes lose there responsiveness after hours in attract mode, this theme was just as snappy as when booted up. I also love that I can have a large box art and cart/disc on one big splash page. Perfect. Again, thanks to you Cid for compiling this theme and to the others who contributed. 

• Like 1

Excellent looking theme , i have never used a theme before but when i saw this one i had to have a go of putting it my launchbox  .But i have a problem with it , i cannot get my platform / playlist videos to work with it , could anyone advise me what i need to do to get them to show please

Ok i have worked out the problem it set on a different view and not showing the videos 

Edited by diamondgeezer
fixed

Hey @CriticalCid/guys!
I have a problem running this awesome theme, and I hope you are able to help me; it runs butter smooth while I am in the platforms section scrolling the wheel, or inside each platform scrolling the games, but every time I move from one section to another, BB freezes, I can hear the video sound playing in the background (from the selection of the new section) , and after a solid minute or two, then it switches to the section I accessed and smooths back without problem.
It currently happens when going back and forth from the platforms section and enter any platform, and when going from the game details menu back to the game list.
Do you know what could be going on? Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I did a force cache of all the images, and started working awesomely, but then restarting Big Box made the problem appear again. Maybe it is something with the clear logos?

I do not know what to do. Any help will be highly appreciated! 

Edited by Kondorito

16 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Hey @CriticalCid/guys!
I have a problem running this awesome theme, and I hope you are able to help me; it runs butter smooth while I am in the platforms section scrolling the wheel, or inside each platform scrolling the games, but every time I move from one section to another, BB freezes, I can hear the video sound playing in the background (from the selection of the new section) , and after a solid minute or two, then it switches to the section I accessed and smooths back without problem.
It currently happens when going back and forth from the platforms section and enter any platform, and when going from the game details menu back to the game list.
Do you know what could be going on? Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I did a force cache of all the images, and started working awesomely, but then restarting Big Box made the problem appear again. Maybe it is something with the clear logos?

I do not know what to do. Any help will be highly appreciated! 

Hm…that‘s a hard one. I never heard that being an issue before.

There’s a custom fade animation when a View gets newly loaded, maybe something doesn’t trigger it right. I have absolutely no idea why that would be the case but it’s the only thing that could explain a black screen with an apparently working video.

Can you try this View and tell if that is fixing it for you? I’ve removed the fade animation and eager to know if it’s indeed the reason.

WheelGamesView.xaml

13 hours ago, crisemmm said:

Hey man , love this theme!

Quick question , i have Viking's platform vids on my setup so is there anyway to have the platform wheel aligned to the left??:)

I hear you, but the thing is that I already got a lot of custom requests for this theme like a vertical wheel, bigger videos, no clock/weather, ... and of course this one now.

Unfortunately I have to say no to all custom requests for now. Sorry for that.

Maybe in the future when I’ve added all the Views that I’ve planned and I consider this theme complete. It’s just too much unnecessary work for me to support various versions of it while it’s still in development.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Hm…that‘s a hard one. I never heard that being an issue before.

There’s a custom fade animation when a View gets newly loaded, maybe something doesn’t trigger it right. I have absolutely no idea why that would be the case but it’s the only thing that could explain a black screen with an apparently working video.

Can you try this View and tell if that is fixing it for you? I’ve removed the fade animation and eager to know if it’s indeed the reason.

WheelGamesView.xaml

Thank you Cid for your kind and prompt help; I will test it once I get home. If I recall correctly (and if it helps) I have all the transitions set to None in BB, but will need to verify just in case.

42 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

All transitions and animations, except the video, are custom and hardcoded in this theme. So turning them off in the Big Box options won't make any difference I'm afraid.

Got it. Will post here the outcome in a couple of hours.

QQ; if the transitions are harcoded for all the views, should I make a change as well on the platformwheel view xml file? I can test it with the BB default theme for platforms and go back and forth into each Unified system with your modified xml to test if not. 

2 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

Do you have any problems with the Platforms Views? If it’s really the custom fade transition than it shouldn’t be an issue as they don’t use it.

Just tested it and it happens the same, so it is not the transition.

I do have a problem with the platforms view; the same thing as the games view. Each time I go from the BB menu to the platforms view, freezes for a minute, then silky smooth. When I go from the platforms to a specific system, freezes for a minute and then shows up fine. When I go from a selected game to the game details works fine (I asume because the details view is not related to the Unified theme). If I go back from the game details view to the games wheel, freezes for a minute, and the same thing happens when I go back from the games view to the platforms view.

I thought that maybe was because of the video engine (I am using the WMV one, as it works great, and the VLC one gives me a little stutter and some times garbage pixels), but the same thing happened.

So, I do not know what it is that is trying to load that takes so much time; first idea was the wheels, but even with force populate all, hapened the same.

Do you know by any chance if BB has a log debugger? The log  folder shows empty, so I might need to enable it somewhere. It could help to reproduce the issue and then take a look at the logs, and see if there is dead time/no lines, or if something gets logged that could help resolve this. The strangest thing is that I am the only one affected.

Edited by Kondorito