Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

Can someone help. I got the theme in the right folder and everything. I'm getting a security issue with the .DLL files for the weather and the other plugins. How do I stop this? I'm new here please help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MJtheMC said:

Can someone help. I got the theme in the right folder and everything. I'm getting a security issue with the .DLL files for the weather and the other plugins. How do I stop this? I'm new here please help.

Did you follow the installation instructions to unblock the dll files?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Did you follow the installation instructions to unblock the dll files?

Hey. Really sorry yes I did and I got it working. The only issue I'm having now is it's not playing the video on the main menu with the platforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. Quite often after exiting a game,  when arriving back at the game menu a large portion of my desktop is visible. The problem goes away when I escape back to the system menu. See screenshot below of what I mean.

 

Any one else experienced this? Any clue how to prevent this from happening?

 

Thanks

afterexitingagame.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nyukki said:

Hey guys. Quite often after exiting a game,  when arriving back at the game menu a large portion of my desktop is visible. The problem goes away when I escape back to the system menu. See screenshot below of what I mean.

 

Any one else experienced this? Any clue how to prevent this from happening?

 

Thanks

afterexitingagame.png

@Nyukki That looks to be some sort of odd Windows or video driver glitch. I'm sorry you're having that problem. I would first try making sure your video drivers are up to date and you have all the latest Windows updates.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 1:48 PM, Nyukki said:

Hey guys. Quite often after exiting a game,  when arriving back at the game menu a large portion of my desktop is visible. The problem goes away when I escape back to the system menu. See screenshot below of what I mean.

 

Any one else experienced this? Any clue how to prevent this from happening?

 

Thanks

afterexitingagame.png

yea im getting the same when i exit a game i can see desktop for a few seconds just like yours but then it goes back to fullscreen after like 3 to 5 seconds... im using a 4k monitor and thought maybe it had something to do with scaling or something i dont know im puzzled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dukenukem008 said:

yea im getting the same when i exit a game i can see desktop for a few seconds just like yours but then it goes back to fullscreen after like 3 to 5 seconds... im using a 4k monitor and thought maybe it had something to do with scaling or something i dont know im puzzled

I have seen that before on slower systems, but yes, it should always repaint and work properly after a few seconds at most. I haven't seen it in quite a while though, so I'm not sure if a video driver update fixed it a while back or if it's maybe just a performance issue. Regardless, it's a Windows/.NET rendering issue, so unfortunately there's probably not a lot I'm going to be able to do to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. I am new to Launchbox and have Big Box.  I really love how this theme has artwork for loads of given playlists that I intend upon making.

I am just unsure about the install instructions.  It says to go into the plugins folder, right click each dll, then select unblock.   I don't know what this means really.  When I right click the dll and then select properties it just brings up the normal Windows properties window.  I don't see unblock anywhere in that window.

What am I doing wrong?

Please and thanks, in advance.

Edited by scoobydooami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobydooami said:

Hi everyone. I am new to Launchbox and have Big Box.  I really love how this theme has artwork for loads of given playlists that I intend upon making.

I am just unsure about the install instructions.  It says to go into the plugins folder, right click each dll, then select unblock.   I don't know what this means really.  When I right click the dll and then select properties it just brings up the normal Windows properties window.  I don't see unblock anywhere in that window.

What am I doing wrong?

Please and thanks, in advance.

If you do not have the option to unblock then it already is. Usually if you unzip themes with 7zip it automatically unblocks the .dll's. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 4:26 AM, neil9000 said:

If you do not have the option to unblock then it already is. Usually if you unzip themes with 7zip it automatically unblocks the .dll's. 

Ah, thank you.  Yes, I do use 7zip.  Thanks, again :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone point me in the direction of a Japanese Mega Drive Platform Video? Either by CriticalCid or in the same style as his? I've only found US Genesis and European Mega Drive platform videos. Since I have individual US/Japanese wheels for NES/Famicom, SNES/Super Famicom and PCE/TG16, it's been doing my head in not having a Japanese Mega Drive wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, Nyukki said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a Japanese Mega Drive Platform Video? Either by CriticalCid or in the same style as his? I've only found US Genesis and European Mega Drive platform videos. Since I have individual US/Japanese wheels for NES/Famicom, SNES/Super Famicom and PCE/TG16, it's been doing my head in not having a Japanese Mega Drive wheel.

Easy. Tools, Get videos plataforms, on Sega Gênesis Just select nyny77 mega drive. Its japanese opening (Thunder Force 3 Music) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cauptain said:

Easy. Tools, Get videos plataforms, on Sega Gênesis Just select nyny77 mega drive. Its japanese opening (Thunder Force 3 Music) 

Yo dawg, thanks for the response. Which website are you referring to? Got a link?

Edit: Nevermind, just figured out you meant from within Launchbox. That just blew my mind. Thanks dude!

Like Buddha says, you gotta find answers from within, not from withou! Merry Christmas all!

Edited by Nyukki
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nyukki said:

Yo dawg, thanks for the response. Which website are you referring to? Got a link?

Edit: Nevermind, just figured out you meant from within Launchbox. That just blew my mind. Thanks dude!

Like Buddha says, you gotta find answers from within, not from withou! Merry Christmas all!

Here:

SNAG-0340.thumb.png.ac64a6c61579e767f6ec053bb51ce473.png

Claudio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there anyway you could make 4:3 ratio version of your theme? I recently modded an arcade 1up sf2 cab and am running big box on it. I currently am running the default theme as it is one of the only 4:3 ratio themes that works. I would love to be able to use this theme in my arcade 1up cab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m actually only interested in running arcade, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, sega  genesis, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800 and arcade collections on my arcade 1up cab. So those would the only themes that would need to be converted for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correction the screen resolution is 1280x1024 so it would actually be 5:4 ratio. I know a lot of people are modding these arcade 1up sf2 cabs so it would be great to have an awesome theme like this working in this aspect ration on theses arcade 1up cabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ericcannon said:

is there anyway you could make 4:3 ratio version of your theme? I recently modded an arcade 1up sf2 cab and am running big box on it. I currently am running the default theme as it is one of the only 4:3 ratio themes that works. I would love to be able to use this theme in my arcade 1up cab

Chances are probably not good one will be made. Cid did comment early on that making a 4:3 version likely will not be done by him since it will require a complete remake of the theme and remaking the artwork assets which would require a ton of work. That was back in April 2018 so not sure if he has changed his mind since then. But just wanted to let you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response. I figured due to the popularity of theses arcade 1up machines and also big box it would be a shame to only have 1 theme that works on them. Hopefully Cid will reconsider😎

Edited by ericcannon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...