Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Recommended Posts

@CriticalCid could it be that the layer order changed in this revision?

I am trying to use a custom videoborder I did for 1.0 that takes almost the whole screen. In the previous version the wheel got on top, but now the videoborder does, covering half of the wheel. 

Is there a way in the code to rearrange the order of the layers and make the videoborder below the wheel? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly can't remember if I have changed that as well.

Open the affected View(s) and change the value of the Panel.ZIndex of the video border element from 5 to 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

I honestly can't remember if I have changed that as well.

Open the affected View(s) and change the value of the Panel.ZIndex of the video border element from 5 to 1.

Maybe I did in my older version. 

Didnt know the zindex was the layers order! Reordered them all and now is looking sweet. 

Thanks as always ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @CriticalCid

Is there any way to put fanart background per game work in the theme?

I have tested on the other versions of Unified and none of them have this option.

Thanks

 

Claudio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. :)

I was wondering If there is a way to resize or stretch game videos for some systems. Some systems I either get side black bars or top and bottom black bars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2019 at 6:01 PM, Capa said:

Hi. :)

I was wondering If there is a way to resize or stretch game videos for some systems. Some systems I either get side black bars or top and bottom black bars.

You can make videos to be stretched into the full area, or maintain their aspect ratio in the xaml view files, but you cannot do it for specific systems, as they all share the same views files (correct me if I am wrong @CriticalCid).

What I did for the systems that have a screen size other than the default 4:3 (usually handhelds or newer systems), is to modify the videoborder image of the specific platform, adding pieces of the background image in it (on the sides or at the top/bottom) so the extra bg image pieces cover the black bars of the video, and blends in alright with the background image.

Examples:

45886675_199105977658148_7215782972698394624_n.thumb.png.01dc8927e9f21567be9955edef694f9f.pngUses a videoborder image like this:

gb_brdr.png.4ed3e9a32815d714c2da435a9ec020b5.png45946911_598542307231254_4676837305053347840_n.thumb.png.3f08d0b84c219b90a38d8a1f30542777.pngSomething like this:

vb_brdr.png.b096295c03e7e45ebfb5009dc9e2b027.png53806360_394163207830362_5915455574857744384_n.thumb.png.c80745cc8bacfe6c2a4b13ac821b29d1.pngFor NDS the videoborder image was just a png of the handheld.

 

Hope this idea helps you.

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, Cauptain said:

Hello @CriticalCid

Is there any way to put fanart background per game work in the theme?

I have tested on the other versions of Unified and none of them have this option.

Thanks

 

Claudio

Open the View you want to edit with a text editor of your choice (Notepad, Notepad++, etc) and search for the Background code block. It should look something like this:

<!-- BACKGROUND -->
	<TextBlock x:Name="BackgroundFileName" Visibility="Collapsed">
		<TextBlock.Text>
			<MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/{0}.jpg">
				<Binding Path="KnownPlatformOrPlaylistTitle" />
			</MultiBinding>
		</TextBlock.Text>
	</TextBlock>
	<Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=BackgroundFileName, FallbackValue='pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/_Default.png'}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="0" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

Replace this code block with the following code:

<!-- BACKGROUND -->
	<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" IsContentVideo="false" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" Panel.ZIndex="0"/>
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 12:03 PM, Kondorito said:

You can make videos to be stretched into the full area, or maintain their aspect ratio in the xaml view files, but you cannot do it for specific systems, as they all share the same views files (correct me if I am wrong @CriticalCid).

What I did for the systems that have a screen size other than the default 4:3 (usually handhelds or newer systems), is to modify the videoborder image of the specific platform, adding pieces of the background image in it (on the sides or at the top/bottom) so the extra bg image pieces cover the black bars of the video, and blends in alright with the background image.

Examples:

45886675_199105977658148_7215782972698394624_n.thumb.png.01dc8927e9f21567be9955edef694f9f.pngUses a videoborder image like this:

gb_brdr.png.4ed3e9a32815d714c2da435a9ec020b5.png45946911_598542307231254_4676837305053347840_n.thumb.png.3f08d0b84c219b90a38d8a1f30542777.pngSomething like this:

vb_brdr.png.b096295c03e7e45ebfb5009dc9e2b027.png53806360_394163207830362_5915455574857744384_n.thumb.png.c80745cc8bacfe6c2a4b13ac821b29d1.pngFor NDS the videoborder image was just a png of the handheld.

 

Hope this idea helps you.

Whoah, these look great! Care to share? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

Whoah, these look great! Care to share? :)

PM sent ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm loving the theme, great work! I only have 1 question:

- I made my own custom platform view background for each system, I've moved the art to the left, so the platform wheel would be always visible. So now, how can I disable the fade effect from the wheel? Which xaml file and line should I change? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mtib said:

I'm loving the theme, great work! I only have 1 question:

- I made my own custom platform view background for each system, I've moved the art to the left, so the platform wheel would be always visible. So now, how can I disable the fade effect from the wheel? Which xaml file and line should I change? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Hey @mtib, check the post made by @kmoney some pages ago:

On 7/10/2018 at 10:18 PM, kmoney said:

@Mr.Laor Look for these lines of code in the PlatformFiltersView in Notepad :

<!-- FADING WHEEL -->
            <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="1"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.8" Value="1"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.9" Value="0"/>
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

Change where it has 1.9 as the default and increase the number to whatever you would like it to be such as 5.0 or whatever value you want then save in Notepad and it will increase the time before the platform wheel fades out.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kondorito is completely right. I just want to add that when you completely delete the orange highlighted line the wheel won't fade away at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Hey @mtib, check the post made by @kmoney some pages ago:

 

Thanks, it worked!. I checked some pages from the topic and I confess I didn`t see, sorry! If possible, I have another question about the platforms view background. Probably it is coded with hex color code, but is there anyway to add an image as background? I left the consoles as systems devices because I prefer this way and moved the device art to the left . Only problem is that I would have to create a custom device art with bult-in background, but this way I will loose the transictions effects from the consoles because the background would be affected by the transictions. So the question is if I can add a background to the platforms views, if not, where can I change the hex color from it?

17.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There isn’t anything coded for the background therefore it’s completely blank. The platform views are intended to play fullscreen platform videos so there wasn’t any need for that.

Nevertheless you have quite a few options to add in backgrounds.

 

If you want to use the backgrounds in your Fanart folders just add this line to the VIew

<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding BackgroundTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BackgroundView}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualHeight}" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas, Path=ActualWidth}" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" IsContentVideo="false" />

If you want to add a static image use this code and edit the path to the image of your choice. The only thing you should know is that “pack://siteoforigin:,,,/” stands for your LaunchBox folder.

<Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/YOUR_IMAGE.jpg" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="0" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

And finally if you want to use the same background images as in the Games Views add this. Be aware that you'll need to manually add background images for your Platform Categories to the Background folder if you use any.

<TextBlock x:Name="BackgroundFileName" Visibility="Collapsed">
	<TextBlock.Text>
		<MultiBinding StringFormat="{}pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/{0}.jpg">
			<Binding Path="SelectedPlatform.Name" />
		</MultiBinding>
	</TextBlock.Text>
</TextBlock>
<Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="{Binding Text, ElementName=BackgroundFileName, FallbackValue='pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/_Default.png'}" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="0" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Off-topic @CriticalCid, when are you going to return with a new theme? :D something for HTPC's/50+inch TVs would be perfect! Come back please :(

I have a few ideas for a new theme that will be aimed for a HTPC / console-like interface but it will probably take quite a while before I start working on it. I can’t work on such creative things on command and I always need the right time and mood for it. Unfortunately that doesn’t happen very often to me so I can’t really tell when I come back. But I will definitely release a new theme sometimes in the future, that's for sure :)

  • Thanks 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

I have a few ideas for a new theme that will be aimed for a HTPC / console-like interface but it will probably take quite a while before I start working on it. I can’t work on such creative things on command and I always need the right time and mood for it. Unfortunately that doesn’t happen very often to me so I can’t really tell when I come back. But I will definitely release a new theme sometimes in the future, that's for sure :)

Thanks for all your work on this theme any way, honestly it is a real beauty to behold when set up with the platform videos as well 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

I have a few ideas for a new theme that will be aimed for a HTPC / console-like interface but it will probably take quite a while before I start working on it. I can’t work on such creative things on command and I always need the right time and mood for it. Unfortunately that doesn’t happen very often to me so I can’t really tell when I come back. But I will definitely release a new theme sometimes in the future, that's for sure :)

Hopefully I didn't come across like I was demanding, just really like your work :) Excited to see your new idea for your HTCP/Console Theme in the future, Thanks for all the contributitions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 9:59 PM, CriticalCid said:

 

If you want to add a static image use this code and edit the path to the image of your choice. The only thing you should know is that “pack://siteoforigin:,,,/” stands for your LaunchBox folder.

 


<Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Grid.ColumnSpan="8" Grid.RowSpan="8" Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Unified/Images/Theme/Background/YOUR_IMAGE.jpg" Opacity="100" Panel.ZIndex="0" Stretch="Fill" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

 

Hey @CriticalCid, thanks for reply, I really appreciate! I'm getting erros with this code, where exactly should I paste it? I know it must be before </UserControl> but does it matter where I put it?. I'm attaching my view file if you don`t mind. Thanks.

PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...