LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's new man/game cave

1 minute ago, Dan said:

LOVE this! I’m also a fan of anything psychedelic. Great collection of UV responsive artworks you got there. Especially like the keep on truckin me! Awesome room. 

Thanks bro! Sweet! I kinda cheated with those posters, most blacklight posters are quite large and expensive so I was looking for smaller posters for a small room, there's this black light poster book with double sided posters so I bought it twice lol, it's about the same price as one big poster (16 euro here). If you are interested, they are classic posters although they don't seem to be 100% like the orginals where it's still a great collection: https://www.amazon.de/Ultraviolet-Classic-Blacklight-Posters-Aquarian/dp/0810979993

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Lol wtf is this! I can imagine coming across this on a trip and just staring at it trying to work it out.

Check out artist Travis Louie, these where just printed out on normal printing paper, with some old looking frames from a flea market lol printing paper lights up well in black light!

• 3 months later...

The new Ghouls 'n Ghosts poster in action, finally another long standing wish fullfilled, I had it print in matt so the light reflection would be better in black-light, I didn't expect it to behave that well, look at that lightning coming out! ??

If you want to print something for yourself as well you can find the file here:

ghouls n ghosts poster in uv black light.jpg

ghouls n ghosts poster normal.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

The new Ghouls 'n Ghosts poster in action, finally another long standing wish fullfilled, I had it print in matt so the light reflection would be better in black-light, I didn't expect it to behave that well, look at that lightning coming out!??

Damn! That looks so psychedelicious!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to make my own Arcade neon sign by ordering a DIY EL wire kit.... Good lord what a waste of money, I friggin' love the product now. Theres so much wrong with it that I don't know where to begin, most of all the constant high pitch beep is very soothing, or if you want more soothing you can let it blink or blink faster which means beeping fast or faster, loving it. Gotta find a way to put it to good use now, maybe I should put it under my pillow while I sleep. 

Just now, Tatts4Life said:

Hahaha I knew after I posted that would be your answer. What I meant is what do I need to do in LB to get the game title to show up like that on a separate screen? Is it a LB setting or something else?

Lol, you mean the marquee images? In bigbox settings there are options to choose your secondary display and show the marquee images, theres a tutorial on this on the launchbox youtube channel if im not mistaken, very easy to set up.

33 minutes ago, Dan said:

I wish this feature applied to LaunchBox as well as BigBox!

I agree, some times you just have to play and check/research games and it's marquee through launchbox in a quick way, would be great if it could be added as an optional thing one day. But at this point there is so much work for him to be done, gotta be patient.