LaunchBox Community Forums

Database Moderators Needed ASAP

diamondgeezer

• Lordmonkus changed the title to Database Moderators Needed ASAP

Yeah, it's getting out of control, the mod queue was usually less than 300 things to review daily. now it's over 1500. some of my latest contributions sit for days with 2 out of 3 approvals, usually takes less than a day to get accepted (or rejected).

Also, I've seen a bunch of trolls and bad info lately, we got to pay attention to that.

• Like 1

I am feeling the same, but lately there are so many strange things in the moderations que (some really B*S* stuff) a week ago that I don't want to go through everything.

from my point of view the way of moderating and the Games DB should need an overwork from design, and workflow. and being honest, I don't want to work through millions of pages for systems I am really not interest in... plus strange Systems and for me not really clear how to moderat at the moment. Is this now an duplicate or should this really being in another system? plus my submit que without feedback (I have to take a longer way to check if it is accepted or denied and why is it denied)

• Like 1

yes i agree with both of you the moderation system needs a massive overhaul there should be some sort of a reward system I.E if you have a good approval ratio you should need less people to approve your submissions

Total Submitted Changes 40536
Total Pending Changes 8803
Total Approved Changes 39020
Total Rejected Changes 171

I would say that i have proved my worth but yet i still have to have the same amount of approvals as someone who is just starting out submitting artwork

Also i agree with you that there is a lot of poor quality and pointless artwork being submitted  lately which is clogging up the waiting list and is putting a lot of people off moderating

1 hour ago, diamondgeezer said:

yes i agree with both of you the moderation system needs a massive overhaul there should be some sort of a reward system I.E if you have a good approval ratio you should need less people to approve your submissions

Total Submitted Changes 40536
Total Pending Changes 8803
Total Approved Changes 39020
Total Rejected Changes 171

I would say that i have proved my worth but yet i still have to have the same amount of approvals as someone who is just starting out submitting artwork

Also i agree with you that there is a lot of poor quality and pointless artwork being submitted  lately which is clogging up the waiting list and is putting a lot of people off moderating

What are you considering pointless artwork?

On 8.4.2018 at 3:26 PM, diamondgeezer said:

well what i mean by pointless artwork is i have seen some artwork replacing images that are  the same if not less quality than the image that was already there

it is some times worster.

I saw an change request for an xbox game. changing the xbox cover with an ps2 one of the same game and so on

here something I have now5acb70225e7b0_Bildschirmfoto2018-04-09um15_52_05.thumb.png.718d56cecddedc7daed6c8b43b7a1ba8.pngthat is the reason why I am anymore motivated 

Edited by Chris Kant

Yeah, sorry about that. 1000 or so changes in the last few days are mine. Going back through my library and adding games (plus all their info/artwork) to the DB if they don't already exist. ;) 

Still got a bunch more to do. Shall I hold off or just keep going and let it queue?

1 hour ago, Chris Kant said:

it is some times worster.

I saw an change request for an xbox game. changing the xbox cover with an ps2 one of the same game and so on

here something I have now5acb70225e7b0_Bildschirmfoto2018-04-09um15_52_05.thumb.png.718d56cecddedc7daed6c8b43b7a1ba8.pngthat is the reason why I am anymore motivated 

image.thumb.png.d9935b67c623ccf9e791607eb6db7149.pngOr how about this wonderful entry, gta v the adventure for the NEC PC88 suitable for early childhood...

This isn't a mistake, this is deliberate bad information.

Help us Obi- @Jason Carr you're our only hope.

1 minute ago, Belgarath said:

image.thumb.png.d9935b67c623ccf9e791607eb6db7149.pngOr how about this wonderful entry, gta v the adventure for the NEC PC88 suitable for early childhood...

This isn't a mistake, this is deliberate bad information.

Help us Obi- @Jason Carr you're our only hope.

Jason has already been made aware of that one, when he is online I'm sure he will take a look at it.

• Like 1

I just started moderating like a week ago. I actually never saw that I could until now! I'll try to put a bit more effort into it to help you guys out with the queue line.

Totally agree on some comments here, sometimes I see the exact same image that was already there and the difference is like per example 480x180 vs 480x179 pixel. Quality is exactly the same, but the only difference is 1 or 2 pixels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeroX9876 said:

I just started moderating like a week ago. I actually never saw that I could until now! I'll try to put a bit more effort into it to help you guys out with the queue line.

Totally agree on some comments here, sometimes I see the exact same image that was already there and the difference is like per example 480x180 vs 480x179 pixel. Quality is exactly the same, but the only difference is 1 or 2 pixels.

also annoying

• Like 1

thank you everyone for stepping up on the moderation today i have noticed my moderation list go down a lot  unfortunately or fortunately ( whichever way you want to look at it ) i have had a bit of time on my hands and have uploaded  a lot more 3d box art so if you could do some more moderating when you can it would be a great help

54 minutes ago, diamondgeezer said:

thank you everyone for stepping up on the moderation today i have noticed my moderation list go down a lot  unfortunately or fortunately ( whichever way you want to look at it ) i have had a bit of time on my hands and have uploaded  a lot more 3d box art so if you could do some more moderating when you can it would be a great help

are you the one who uploads a lot of 3d boxarts without region information?