LaunchBox Community Forums

Database Moderators Needed ASAP

diamondgeezer

Just now, diamondgeezer said:

yes afraid so  as my images do not state region in the title and it would take me too long to look at each one individually before submitting

maybe this is the reason why it took so long to approve the images. the moderator rules said that each image should have an region.... I looked into the moderator guidelines and under point 10 it is only mentioned that front and back box art must have an region tag... strange

ahhh i see what you mean  @DOS76 ( sorry to everyone for the confusion)  i forgot you have to meet the  required status to moderate sorry

i only started this post as i had some submissions that were waiting 3 weeks or so and i am not the sort of person to moan about the moderation not being done and not do it myself

Total Moderations 227663
Total Approvals 224877
Total Rejections 2786

i do my bit to help too

I believe that you need 25 accepted submissions in order to be granted moderation status. The database screen at login should let you know your status.
On the subject of region field requirements, the database will not allow you to add a Box Front or Box Back without you specifying a region, but most other stuff like screen shots, logos etc will not prompt you for a region.
Unfortunately, the member who maintained the guidelines is no longer active to clear all this up. This is a bit like the emulator settings for all platforms which is woefully outdated and here again the maintainer is no longer active.

Could someone give me a 101 level on what someone has to do to help?  I see a reply saying I need 25 accepted submissions before you are allowed to validate submissions.  Submissions where?  Are these changes you make to your own local database that get pushed back that someone has to approve or am I totally missing something here?  It would be helpful maybe if there was a sticky that outlined how the community can help in this regard.  I bought a license about a year ago and use the software daily while also poking around the forums from time to time.  I wouldn't count myself as a new user, but I didn't even know this was a thing until I stumbled on this post.  Maybe I'm just missing something obvious.

Yeah I have been there but man, it wasn't clear that I could even interact with the data on the form.  Logged in and I see the pencil icon so great, I can do some updates.  I also don't see a way to insert a new record.  Is that only possible once your account has been upgraded?  I can assume that until that time I can't see if whatever update I'm doing has already been done but hasn't been approved yet?  Just making sure I'm not wasting my time on work already done.

Update.  I did manage to find the "Add a Game" option.  For what it is worth, that is invisible.  Coming from the main LB website there is no sub menu, just the "Games DB" link.  When you go to the games database link the menu position moves and then there is a sub menu.  Kept expecting that option to be on the page and not buried in a menu that is disconnected form the content.  With that said, I'll spend some time submitting changes until I can get more useful access.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On 10.4.2018 at 12:28 AM, Chris Kant said:

are you the one who uploads a lot of 3d boxarts without region information?

dont think that this is that much of a problem since this still can be edited later on.

imho its nice to have a complete set of really good quality boxes instead of having none just because they dont include region just from the beginning...

i assume that all these ps2 3d boxes are yours, @diamondgeezer ? ;) i moderated approx. 300 of them. but felt like more ;) 

apart from that, i also encountered exactly the same weird changes made by some people.. 

• Like 1

@modjoo yes that would be me  and yes agreed region can be added later on ( better to get the art on first) and other data can be added later which is what i have been doing on the zx spectrum ( game type released etc) sorry about the long list of covers but i have a lot of time on my hands at the moment and i find it relaxing doing this

14 hours ago, diamondgeezer said:

@Timbo74 sorry about the confusion earlier you will soon have the moderation status , also   working through the amstrad games will be a great help to all of us

It's all good @diamondgeezer, I've got moderator status now and I spent most of my morning getting familiar with the moderation process.  I've got a newfound appreciation and respect for everyone that is or has given their time to moderating the submissions.  It's not hard per se but it sure isn't easy either.  I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone that has taken the time to put something in the "reason for this change" text box with their submission, I can't stress how much this really helps zone in on what to look for when deciding whether or not to approve the submission.

• Like 2

New user here and first-off, apologies, I'm adding several new games to the moderation queue as I import my massive library.

I am, however working to moderate at least 10x what I've been adding.

One question though - I've had several additions approved, when can I expect to see those rolled-out to my local DB so I can fully add my games to LaunchBox?Capture.thumb.PNG.c80579c1813ca3563fca4cdea320ae1b.PNG

Edited by PhuriousGeorge
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, PhuriousGeorge said:

New user here and first-off, apologies, I'm adding several new games to the moderation queue as I import my massive library.

I am, however working to moderate at least 10x what I've been adding.

One question though - I've had several additions approved, when can I expect to see those rolled-out to my local DB so I can fully add my games to LaunchBox?Capture.thumb.PNG.c80579c1813ca3563fca4cdea320ae1b.PNG

The database is updated every 24 hours.