LaunchBox Community Forums

Database Moderators Needed ASAP

diamondgeezer

Just now, neil9000 said:

You will also have to do something in launchbox like update a game in order for it to pull the new metadata.xml down to your system.

That's not an issue :) I'm only though the A's in my library.   Basically adding games until I run into one that doesn't exist, add it to the DB, moderate some, and get back to adding.  I'm too particular to mass-import.

Quick question on moderation - I suspect I know the answer to this, but if someone has already made a rejection (with comment), can the following moderators take this information into account, or are they going in blind?  I made a rejection previously that got approved and was obviously incorrect.

Just now, Belgarath said:

Moderators go in blind, we don't see how many has accepted or rejected and we certainly don't see reasons why another moderator rejected a submission, neither does the submitter see why a moderator rejected a game unless the game is completely rejected.

Thanks for the confirmation.  As a new member, I see this as being a feature that could ease the moderation task, so created a suggestion here.  I've had other ideas (like grouping the 20+ edits to the same game's images and content, but looks like that's already there as an open issue.

On 16/04/2018 at 1:27 AM, Belgarath said:

Moderators go in blind, we don't see how many has accepted or rejected and we certainly don't see reasons why another moderator rejected a submission, neither does the submitter see why a moderator rejected a game unless the game is completely rejected.

To be honest I like how it currently works, it forces me to make a decision based purely on the information at hand.  It would be helpful though to go back though the moderated titles and see all the comments made after a title is accepted or rejected.  

i got some time today. one issue i have the system is the wait time if i ignore something.

console games i usually feel 100% sure moderating . But at times a dos or other older computer Game  i  don't feel certain the changes or game being added is correct so i skip it. maybe it shouldn't be ignored for 24hours.