Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Lordmonkus

Launchbox 8.2 Released - Change Log

Recommended Posts

Version 8.2 - Released April 11, 2018

- New Feature: LaunchBox.Next is now available; it's a complete overhaul for the main LaunchBox interface. IT'S LARGELY STILL IN DEVELOPMENT, but you can try it out by clicking the LaunchBox.Next button in the header or running the new LaunchBox.Next.exe file from the LaunchBox folder.

- New Feature: Five new options have been added to the View menu in LaunchBox to hide games missing videos, front box art, screenshots, clear logos, and/or background images. These options will trigger a process to populate a missing media cache that will allow quick navigation. There's also an option underneath these five items to "Refresh All Missing Media" in case you've manually added or removed images directly from the file system.

- New Feature: Images can now be deleted directly from the game details sidebar in LaunchBox via a new right-click menu

- New Feature: The list view in LaunchBox now allows you to hide and show columns by right-clicking on the column headers, and will save your preferences as well as the column order

- Improvement: The included CriticalZone theme for Big Box has been updated to version 2; huge thanks to CriticalCid for his continued work on the theme! To use it, select the new "CriticalZoneV2 - Default" theme under Options > Views in Big Box. More versions of the theme are also available on the LaunchBox forums.

- Improvement: A new "Wheel Easing" option has been added to Big Box that makes wheels and CoverFlow appear smoother by easing animations in and out. It's on by default but can be disabled under Options > Views.

- Improvement: A new "Show Platform Banner Images" option was added to Big Box to allow you to hide the platform banner images if you don't want them obstructing the view of the background; the setting is available under Options > Images.

- Improvement: A new "Allow Computer to Sleep while not in Attract Mode" option has been added to the Big Box General options for users who want Big Box to allow their computers to sleep

- Improvement: Scanning for added ROMs performance has been drastically improved

- Improvement: The default platforms and settings for the Retroarch emulator have been updated with more platforms and more modern core choices

- Improvement: RetroHumanoid's amazing theme videos have been added as an option to the Platform/Playlist theme video downloads

- Improvement: A new "RotationAmount" property has been added to the Big Box FlowControl (for theme developers styling the wheels). This allows theme developers to create a more cohesive-feeling wheel with items that rotate as the wheel turns.

- Fixed: Sorting by title in the LaunchBox list view now correctly sorts by Sort Title

- Fixed: When using the search box in LaunchBox, the scroll position was not reset which was sometimes confusing because it appeared that not all results were shown

- Fixed: The images portion of the Edit Game dialog had some minor positioning issues on higher DPIs

- Fixed: Steam killed off our API key once again, again breaking the Steam import wizard. We've changed it to ask the user to get their own API key from Steam in order to resolve the issue.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed, just now, that if you are using LaunchBox.next is doesn't prompt for the update.  When I switched to regular LB I immediately got the prompt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always have this bug where the welcome menu will always show up, even when disabled from the options AND after ticking "Don't show this window again".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never seen that bug, the welcome screen does come up after each update though which is normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, but in my case, it comes up every time, even not after an update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the "splash screen" option in the main preferences affect that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Tromzy said:

I always have this bug where the welcome menu will always show up, even when disabled from the options AND after ticking "Don't show this window again".

Make sure after ticking "Don't show this window again" that you press the "close" button at the bottom right of the Launchbox splash window, only then it will save the setting.

If instead you close the splash window by pressing the Windows close button (the "X" on the top right of the splash window), which I was used to doing,  it will -not- save the setting, making the window appear everytime you start Launchbox....

I guess  @Jason Carr ,it would be nice if the setting would also be saved when people close the splash screen through the top right Windows "X" (close window)  button.

Edited by Rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/04/2018 at 3:10 PM, Rod said:

Make sure after ticking "Don't show this window again" that you press the "close" button at the bottom right of the Launchbox splash window, only then it will save the setting.

If instead you close the splash window by pressing the Windows close button (the "X" on the top right of the splash window), which I was used to doing,  it will -not- save the setting, making the window appear everytime you start Launchbox....

I guess  @Jason Carr ,it would be nice if the setting would also be saved when people close the splash screen through the top right Windows "X" (close window)  button.

Haha it's funny because I just tried that and it worked ! And then I came here to say it and saw your post. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest beta of BigBox is either crashing or exiting to desktop on its own if I leave it running for awhile (at least an hour).  I do have attract mode on.  This is happening every time.  It did not happen before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 8:26 PM, Tromzy said:

Haha it's funny because I just tried that and it worked ! And then I came here to say it and saw your post. :D

Ha ha great, there must have been some telepathy, good to have that solved :)

@Jason Carr Would it be possible to have the splash screen option ("don't show this window again") saved also when a user closes the window through the top right "X" ?  Currently it only saves the option value when the window is closed through your "close" button at the bottom right.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2018 at 1:57 PM, Xpendable said:

Latest beta of BigBox is either crashing or exiting to desktop on its own if I leave it running for awhile (at least an hour).  I do have attract mode on.  This is happening every time.  It did not happen before.

@Xpendable What theme are you running? Any plugins?

9 minutes ago, Rod said:

Ha ha great, there must have been some telepathy, good to have that solved :)

@Jason Carr Would it be possible to have the splash screen option ("don't show this window again") saved also when a user closes the window through the top right "X" ?  Currently it only saves the option value when the window is closed through your "close" button at the bottom right.

 

@Rod I'll look into that. Perhaps that functionality got messed with when we switched to using the Chromium engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason Carr said:

@Xpendable What theme are you running? Any plugins?

@Rod I'll look into that. Perhaps that functionality got messed with when we switched to using the Chromium engine.

Ok thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happened again.  I had BigBox running and left for about 2 hours and came back and it was sitting at the desktop and BigBox was no longer running.  No-one else was home so I know nobody was messing with it.  I'm also continuing to have the problem where sounds effects in Mame are often stuttering... This problem in Mame does not exist when launched from HyperSpin.  It is only when launched from BigBox.  In fact, both HyperSpin and LaunchBox/BigBox are using the exact same installation of Mame.  I've disabled all transitions, and I'm now using text (not logos) for my game wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×