LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

2 hours ago, Styphelus said:

One more issue I found with the arcade views:

View 1 - Static Wheel - No arcade flyer/no box art

View 2 - Fading Wheel - Arcade flyer/box art

View 3 - Fading Wheel - Arcade flyer/box art (This is the same as View 2. Can we have a static wheel in this view?)

View 4 - Text Wheel - Arcade flyer/box art

Seems like View 2 and 3 are exactly the same. Is it possible to stop the wheel from fading in one of them?

view 2 is box/cart and view 3 is box/spinning cart/disc,for cd based platforms

Added a monochrome Nintendo Game Boy video to the video set,to match the system a little better.

If you want the platform theme to match,just look in the folder @ "Launchbox/Themes/Unified Refried - Nintendo Game Boy/Images/Theme/VideoBorder/Alts" and 

rename Alt1 to _Default. Then replace the image in "Launchbox/Themes/Unified Refried - Nintendo Game Boy/Images/Theme/VideoBorder" with this one. Make sure

BigBox is not running,because if it has cached the original image already,then it will not overwrite it while the program is active.

NGB Monochrome.png

• Like 2

Hey guys. @RetroHumanoid this theme is AWESOME!!

I'm having some trouble with the add ons. I've placed each add on folder in the main theme folder along with the default theme. When I change the platform theme with the Switch Theme key to the add on theme, I get the generic LB layouts. I tried following your instructions, did I miss something?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Owls21 said:

I've placed each add on folder in the main theme folder along with the default theme.

2 questions

1. When you say Default...you mean the Refried Default theme,and not the Launchbox Default theme right? You need the Unified Refried Default theme set as your main theme.

2. Did you enable seperate views for each platform in the bigbox options menu?

your options screen should have this - 

_Options.thumb.png.bb8d23192b9e15cc56ad9b37ee3f2c6b.png

And the theme folder should look like this (sorta) - 

Themes.thumb.png.db0cc38cd5888df5005f6d86184a8af2.png

Edited by RetroHumanoid

1 hour ago, RetroHumanoid said:

2 questions

1. When you say Default...you mean the Refried Default theme,and not the Launchbox Default theme right? You need the Unified Refried Default theme set as your main theme.

2. Did you enable seperate views for each platform in the bigbox options menu?

your options screen should have this - 

_Options.thumb.png.bb8d23192b9e15cc56ad9b37ee3f2c6b.png

And the theme folder should look like this (sorta) - 

Themes.thumb.png.db0cc38cd5888df5005f6d86184a8af2.png

Thanks for the response @RetroHumanoid

After checking out my setup, I realized I had extracted all of the add-on themes to their own separate folder, which was the same name as the add-on folder. This left the actual theme folder nested inside another folder of the same name. BB couldn't find the necessary files. I re-extracted all of the add-ons and it all works great.

Thanks!

• Like 1

The dedicated Arcade theme with the Marquees is going to be AMAZING!!!!  I know you are a busy man RetroHumanoid, but i am curious about your Genre videos.  Do you have any plans on making the following: 3-Player, Action & Adventure, Classics, Horror, Point & Click, Role-Playing, Sci-Fi, Simulation, or Strategy?  If not, can you inform me on how you compose your videos.  I have some skills in photo and video editing and I would love to make missing genre and collection playlists videos to match your awesome theme.  Much love & best regards!

2 hours ago, Nytemare78 said:

The dedicated Arcade theme with the Marquees is going to be AMAZING!!!!  I know you are a busy man RetroHumanoid, but i am curious about your Genre videos.  Do you have any plans on making the following: 3-Player, Action & Adventure, Classics, Horror, Point & Click, Role-Playing, Sci-Fi, Simulation, or Strategy?

Plans?...I never have a plan...I just make stuff at random most of the time,lol.

2 hours ago, Nytemare78 said:

If not, can you inform me on how you compose your videos.  I have some skills in photo and video editing and I would love to make missing genre and collection playlists videos to match your awesome theme.  Much love & best regards!

One thing that would help out,is if you can gather some clear high res artwork (1080p or above) for each category,I'll do the cutting and cleaning...it will save alot of time not having to gather it myself...and I will credit you in the description when I add them to the rest. I would need at least 2 pictures for each one. 

If not,I can see about making them...if I don't get to it in a reasonable amount of time,I will send you a package of assets to get you started

Dumb question perhaps, but I'm curious why this theme has so many different folders, example - Unified Refried - Arcade, instead of just one folder, Unified Refried. 

Is there something in the theme that requires each platform to be seperate?

Thank you for all your hard work!

Edited by denmiclaw

1 minute ago, denmiclaw said:

Dumb question perhaps, but I'm curious why this theme has so many different folders, example - Unified Refried - Arcade, instead of just one folder, Unified Refried. 

It doesnt have to be separate as the default theme covers most systems. However there is a limitation in theme making that you cannot have different platforms with different aspect videos in different positions. So for example the standalone Windows theme has 16:9 video window, so has to be a separate theme as the default theme video window is 4:3, they cant be mixed and matched in a single theme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, denmiclaw said:

Not a dumb question by any means...and I was waiting for someone to ask. One major reason is video size. You cannot have different video sizes in a single theme...one size fits all. So in order to have the video fit the Game Boy,or the PSP...they require their own theme.Another thing is the text colors...also allowed only one color per theme. One more reason,is with them being split up,if I update one,then people don't have to reinstall the whole package. Each theme may have something unique in the code as well..such as the arcade one will have marquees...and if I put that in the default code,then I can't hide the marquee from showing in the NES them for example.

Also...neil types faster than me...and Also, you don't have to use the addons at all...they merely add to the aesthetics by providing those tweaks to the video,text color,and stuff...making them different,but,the same.

Edited by RetroHumanoid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1