LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

For some reason game view 4 on the main theme is not giving me full screen videos.  I've redownloaded and extracted everything twice now.  It always shows the microcomputer system (acorn bbc) instead of the system logo.

This is what view4 looks like on my main LB build

895516860_view4.thumb.png.c1153a35cebb818d9c125e6bc4f0ca0c.pngI know nothing about xaml but in looking at the wheel4gamesview.xaml, i found references on line 109 and 129 to this system.  I have a second setup with no game videos and when i plug in a video the view is correct on the other system. Any ideas/suggestions on the issue?  i feel like something was overwritten somewhere, just not sure where.

This is what it looks like on my minimal build with no videos.  

Untitled.thumb.png.3d68b311b77e09936fc9297e506a82bc.png

30 minutes ago, ed20910 said:

For some reason game view 4 on the main theme is not giving me full screen videos.  I've redownloaded and extracted everything twice now.  It always shows the microcomputer system (acorn bbc) instead of the system logo.

This is what view4 looks like on my main LB build

895516860_view4.thumb.png.c1153a35cebb818d9c125e6bc4f0ca0c.pngI know nothing about xaml but in looking at the wheel4gamesview.xaml, i found references on line 109 and 129 to this system.  I have a second setup with no game videos and when i plug in a video the view is correct on the other system. Any ideas/suggestions on the issue?  i feel like something was overwritten somewhere, just not sure where.

This is what it looks like on my minimal build with no videos.  

Untitled.thumb.png.3d68b311b77e09936fc9297e506a82bc.png

you are 100% correct...unfortunately...so I have updated the theme and I will reuploadit. Meanwhile if you overwrite the current view with this one it should work fine. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :) 

Wheel4GamesView.xaml

The add-ons should go in the LaunchBox/Themes folder.  The same folder as the main Refried theme.  Extract the individual systems into the folder.  Be sure you have a change theme keyboard shortcut set in BigBox.  

Installation:

1.Download the Default theme,as well as any platform themes you would like,and place them separately in the themes folder located at Launchbox/Themes. The structure should look like this..

Unified Refried

Unified Refried - Atari 2600

Unified Refried - Atari 5200

etc.refried.thumb.png.66f5835edaf7e3224a22c82089c503d8.png

5 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

i have that but the addons are not showing the video border for the theme there showing the border thats in the main unified refried theme

A lot of the addon's have the same video border as the main them.  There may be a small graphical difference but the handful i have changed are the same border.  The sizing may be different based on the system, but the look is the same.  Look at the instructions Neil posted, there are screenshot examples of the differences in the main theme and the addons.

Any plans to overhaul the details view? I think Jason would have to get involved somehow. From what i understand you can't have the system name on top of the video or a different background or widescreen video, correct? That view really needs an upgrade. it would be nice to be able to add categories to it as well for guides, maps, walkthroughs, videos and so on instead of adding everything to the apps menu.