LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroHumanoid Cinematics & Refried Theme

3 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

Thanks...This is more of a theme to showcase the artwork,so I don't really have any plans currently to adjust the text view width,as I prefer to use the wheels myself....but,I can take a look,and if it's possible to do,without disturbing the current artwork,then I probably will.

Sounds great! I very much like what I see so far and certainly when the artwork is available, the logos/wheels look amazing. However, there are so many systems which don't have complete wheel-artwork, so I find myself using the text list more often.

Edited by bundangdon

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Are yo planning to package this up into its own theme, or is it going to be a pack that you copy/paste and overwrite a current version of unified? Im really liking the look of these and look forward to a release either way. :) 

It will be it's own theme,which will include the base theme with default artwork,and each platform will be an addon theme...much like the way CoverBox works.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BLÜE said:

really love the artwork @RetroHumanoid :D

just wondered if you were going to do some artwork for some region specific platforms like the SEGA Mega CD and the SEGA Mega Drive (Japanese Version)?

Thanks...probably won't be in the initial release,but,since each platform is packaged separately,I will be covering alot more as time goes on.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Where do I get the theme with the straight wheel that doesn't fade? Does the artwork (game box and cart) display properly as well?

Its a custom theme based on Critical cids unified theme, its still in development and is not released yet.

EDIT:

Actually its going to be a collection of themes for each platform.

26 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Where do I get the theme with the straight wheel that doesn't fade? Does the artwork (game box and cart) display properly as well?

Styph, backup and overwrite the wheel section in the views files with this:

<!-- WHEEL -->
            <coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="4" Grid.ColumnSpan="3" Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="8" CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" ImageType="Clear Logos"
                CurveAmount="0" CameraZPosition="2.1" VisibleCount="16" PageSize="6" Spacing="1" ItemZPosition="0.7" SelectedItemZPosition="1.1" Panel.ZIndex="10" >
                <coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>100</coverFlow:FlowControl.Opacity>
            </coverFlow:FlowControl>

If you want it as well on the Platform wheels, you will need to change the ImageType from Logos to Logo (no "S").

For the fade, search for the line that start with <!-- FADING WHEEL --> and delete all lines beneath it until the next blank line.

Then search for the line

<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetName="Pointer" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(Image.Opacity)" >

and the line

<EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:1.4" Value="0.15"/>

beneath it. Change the Value from 0.15 to 1.

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

The other guys got your first question,so thank you @Kondorito and @neil9000 ...as for the second question,It is based on Cids theme,but,it is not an exact copy of it...As my version focuses more on the character art and tries to present a more colorful display per platform,cids focuses on the box art and stuff. While I base the code from Cids theme,and the potatoes may be very similar...the meat is an entirely different beast. Now,this isn't saying I don't have plans to implement the box/cart/disc art still...because I have already made the videoborders (see below) to do it...I just want to get the first view finished before I go into that territory.

Every platform will have 2 main videoborders,and 2 alternative borders...Handhelds will have a plethora of alternatives...so I have made alot to work with for expanding this...

_Default.thumb.png.4f47672cd4dbf5e0ff0fe16fc3a1fe5c.png_TextViewBorder.thumb.png.b90b357e17c3d7bb60f16a53dff722a4.pngAlt1.thumb.png.fc0c2e4d36f4642fdc2b99f42221f632.pngAlt2.thumb.png.1cbf446ffbb5e40b95a7c5b47bd0f363.png_Default.thumb.png.e481598afc0a89f494f62b776e1492bd.png_TextViewBorder.thumb.png.bd255b8c8253d3b3c687f3a521959bcf.pngGBC.thumb.png.00b5815b992e7f7cd042f1aedec6033d.png

• Like 6