LaunchBox Community Forums

Coming soon, Neo Geo Marquees v2.0

Mr. RetroLust

Moderators are going to be busy, and I still have to upload all the updated night mode versions of pack 1 lol. Pack 2 of all dual display layouts plus night mode updates are uploaded now, so in a few days perhaps they'll be available through the database. It'll take a while to complete the full artwork marquees, I guess within a month from now the complete Neo Geo marquee pack will be finished. Since I have about a few gigs worth of artwork I'll also be making 4K Neo Geo bezels including day and night mode in the future to make it a complete new experience.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, mikty said:

Hi, marvelous work is your final pack will be available soon?

Amazing stuff  thanks

Thanks man :) The final pack will have a long delay as I'm working on another project (arcade cabinets 2.0) for months to come. All dual layout marquees can be downloaded through the launchbox scraper, the full marquees are whats left to do.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, JSmith2017 said:

Amazing work!! I’m working in my new Wheel for Neo Geo MVS on my Hyperspin FE and I’m going to use your restored images. I’d like to know if you could please upload a pack with the restored images for pack 2. Thanks in advance and continue with your incredible work!

Thanks, glad you like :) I uploaded most of pack 2 dual layout marquees to the launchbox database so you can scrape the marquees like this, there's still a lot of work to be done before releasing pack 2.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JSmith2017 said:

Oh! Thank you, I didn’t know they were there, at the end I’ll must change my FE ?? I’ll give you special thanks for your stunning work of restoration when I upload the project in my youtube channel of course ?

Great! :) I hope you can send me a link to see your work, looking forward to see it ?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks, glad you like :) I uploaded most of pack 2 dual layout marquees to the launchbox database so you can scrape the marquees like this, there's still a lot of work to be done before releasing pack 2.

Sorry, but I’m new with Launchbox and I made a new installation 9.3 version added the Neo Geo MVS roms and tried to download the media but nothing and I don’t find the scrape option, is it needed and external program to scrape your marquees? Or how it works? ? Thanks! ????

44 minutes ago, JSmith2017 said:

Sorry, but I’m new with Launchbox and I made a new installation 9.3 version added the Neo Geo MVS roms and tried to download the media but nothing and I don’t find the scrape option, is it needed and external program to scrape your marquees? Or how it works? ? Thanks! ????

At the moment the launchbox database is being reconstructed after a hdd fail so it can take a little while to recover every image again, I think tomorrow should be safe to download them just to be sure, normally you can download media by selecting games and then go to tools/download metadata and images, here you can choose which categories you'd like to scrape, don't forget to let Arcade Marquees checked. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2019 at 9:05 PM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Great! :) I hope you can send me a link to see your work, looking forward to see it ?

Well, at last I could scrape all your marquees, and I finished my project.

Here you can watch it:

Hope you like it, and sorry for the marquees resolution but Hyperspin works with 1024x768 :( I'll tried to make the best I can.

Thanks again for your incredible contribution :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JSmith2017 said:

Well, at last I could scrape all your marquees, and I finished my project.

Here you can watch it:

Hope you like it, and sorry for the marquees resolution but Hyperspin works with 1024x768 :( I'll tried to make the best I can.

Thanks again for your incredible contribution :D

Wow brother that looks amazing! Really impressed by this, I hope you can make this for BigBox as well someday, I never used Hyperspin before as I rolled into the community through Launchbox. I subscribed to your channel as well :) Your cabinet and marquees remind me a bit of the ones we made for the arcade cabinets project and the redone Neo geo marquees, you can use those in case you like to work on other NeoGeo projects if you want, keep up the great work!

Links:

And this one, it has more obscure Neo Geo game marquees compared to the dual layout versions if you're interested:

39 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Wow brother that looks amazing! Really impressed by this, I hope you can make this for BigBox as well someday, I never used Hyperspin before as I rolled into the community through Launchbox. I subscribed to your channel as well :) Your cabinet and marquees remind me a bit of the ones we made for the arcade cabinets project and the redone Neo geo marquees, you can use those in case you like to work on other NeoGeo projects if you want, keep up the great work!

Links:

And this one, it has more obscure Neo Geo game marquees compared to the dual layout versions if you're interested:

Thanks for subscribing, I’ll take a look to this files. And If I can I’ll do it for Bigbox. ?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...