LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox WONT open??

PowerCooker

open a admin cmd prompt type in chkdsk D /r (if d is your drive letter) you can also run it with /f instead of /r but r is the command for bad sectors f will just fix errors using r may take a while to finish though.

• 4 years later...

This is why I just stick to stand alone emulators.  Launchbox is a VERY nice idea but you (and they) are fighting with Microsoft that doesn't and hasn't want us to own anything since they fired all those people during the dev of Windows 8 (which later led to 8.1 that they should've stuck to since it really was a fix for 8 making it a lot more useable).  Launchbox is always not working after Windows updates till Launchbox updates and/or intel fixes their drivers,etc it's a hot mess.

In other words it's a downhill battle fighting with the big guys whom want us to be 'on the cloud' as much as possible to spy on us and eventually 'rent' things out to us via the phone mentality.   Windows 8 at one time was going to be totally smartphones until people found out and complained (mostly businesses) that needed it were all going to dump Microsoft. Some already have.

PS.  Phone people have pretty much always paid for 'renting' in the long term so it's no big deal for them as it's all they know and computers are too big and confusing to play with. 

Edited by 2ndWind

Ok first off why did you necro a 4.5 year old thread with something completely off topic.

57 minutes ago, 2ndWind said:

Launchbox is always not working after Windows updates till Launchbox updates and/or intel fixes their drivers,etc it's a hot mess.

This is completely untrue, in all the years I have been using Launchbox I have never had a Windows update break Launchbox.

This post of your seems like a random drunken rant. Thread locked.

• Like 1