LaunchBox Community Forums

Romfrosk's EmuHeaven

Romfrosk

31 minutes ago, Dan said:

So you just imported the Apple IIGS ROMS with MAME set as emulator and with "apple2gs -flop3 " set in the "default command line parameters" under the Apple IIGS "associated platorm" for the emulator? I tried that, but when I try and open a game in LB, the pointer just changes to a sand timer for a few seconds and then back again; MAME/the game doesn't load.

Also - "number of ROMs" would be a great column to have in your table.

And - what is the "how" platform in your table (at the top)?

I had a "number of ROMs" column too, but it seems that the number Launchbox first reports imported and the actual number in the list changes.
So for now i've excluded it.

Can't find any "how" platform :(

28 minutes ago, Dan said:

They are .2mg. My MAME is mame64.exe - should that be OK?

.2mg file extension allows -flop3 and -flop4. Mine are .2mg also and am using -flop3. You do have the "apple2gs" parent file? If so the only other thing I could think of is try another name like "apple2gsr0p2", "apple2gsr0p", "apple2gsr0" or "apple2gsr1" which all refer to the "apple2gs" parent. I am no expert but that is all I have I am afraid.

Edited by Dane

I have a full MAME ROMs pack (with an apple2GS.zip file in it), but it is in a separate MAME ROMs folder, separate to the Apple IIGS folder. Do I need to copy something across?

EDIT: My MAME folder has the same apple2GS.zip file in the "roms" subfolder - so if that is in the right place then it looks like I have it.

Edited by Dan

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

I have a full MAME ROMs pack (with an apple2GS.zip file in it), but it is in a separate MAME ROMs folder, separate to the Apple IIGS folder. Do I need to copy something across?

No you leave it in with your MAME ROMs. Because with the Apple IIGS you will be selecting MAME as the emulator, when you put the command line in:

image.thumb.png.381c47b2d8bdf9e3efa7eeb7e90c2b61.png...it will point it to that BIOS file in your MAME ROM pack/set. I do not know if it is necessary or not but for any systems that I point to MAME in that fashion I have created a separate emulator and just called it "MESS (Via Arcade) and it just points to MAMEUI64.exe which is what version I am using. I guess if it is not necessary it just makes it simple, for me, to organize and keep tidy. I hope that helps, if not let me know.

P.S. feel free to PM as I think we are hijacking @Romfrosk's thread here, haha.

Edited by Dane

As requested, i've added a column of ROMs
I also deleted Future Pinball for now, and will get into the Pinball section later :)

Currently downloading missing Metadata & Media for all platforms (takes a while for 84k games)

Edited by Romfrosk

2 hours ago, Dane said:

I hate your spreadsheet. It had made me add way more to my setup. So the slow decent into madness begins.

I know the feeling. 

Hopefully I'll have all systems imported by the end of the day. ? Depends how long the check for missing metadata takes. 

I see that it now can find a lot of media it should have found before. I don't know why. 

7 hours ago, Dane said:

No you leave it in with your MAME ROMs. Because with the Apple IIGS you will be selecting MAME as the emulator, when you put the command line in:

That pic is what mine looks like. Can I see your "emulator details" tab for that?

EDIT: I changed MAME64.exe to MAMEUI64.exe, and that seems to work!

Edited by Dan

Today has been about importing systems, and getting new systems to work.

I've also decided to split up some of my collections, so that i can get more working through MAME
These will have a "split" note on them in my spreadsheet.

I'm now up to: 115 working systems and 7 starting but not properly.
Systems imported: 177

If you've gotten a system i have marked blank or red to work, please let me know :)

Having a look at the list again. Very interesting to see which systems are on there. 

I wonder however regarding the balance of inclusivity vs usability. I suppose this depends on the purpose of a collection such as this. For example, I don't know about having Texas Instruments calculators on there - let alone 7 of them! Of course it's great to increase the number of emulated systems and to pad this out a bit - but at what point does it become addition of systems just to increase the numbers? Where does it stop? Do we include the software associated with, for example, home appliances, PDAs or mobile phones (because MAME can emulate all of these)?

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

Having a look at the list again. Very interesting to see which systems are on there. 

I wonder however regarding the balance of inclusivity vs usability. I suppose this depends on the purpose of a collection such as this. For example, I don't know about having Texas Instruments calculators on there - let alone 7 of them! Of course it's great to increase the number of emulated systems and to pad this out a bit - but at what point does it become addition of systems just to increase the numbers? Where does it stop? Do we include the software associated with, for example, home appliances, PDAs or mobile phones (because MAME can emulate all of these)?

I do agree, And the systems i included now came in a TOSEC Pack.
I'm in the process of deleting Magazines, Music & Software from my roms. hopefully it'll make the list better.
After adding the remaining systems i'll give it a go to get them to work, and then decide on whether to keep them or not