LaunchBox Community Forums

Romfrosk's EmuHeaven

Romfrosk

Hi all.

It's not been a lot of updates the past 24 hours.
I've mainly been working on testing out my new Mobo, RAM, CPU in order to confirm that it runs as espected.

I have sadly run into issues with it, and will continue this over the weekends.
I have started to use @Dane way of noting down if i have issues with a platform or not. 

Only gotten to F , but hopefully i'll get more done soon.

Also i have imported a fresh ScummVM 2.0 gameset, Playstation 2, Microsoft Xbox +++
I've downloaded a massive flashgame library which i'm not sure if i want to add, as it has roughly 300-350k games in it. 
I will rename and sort it a bit better, and then see if i'll even try to import it. :P

i Finally hit 100k imported games :) woopdidoo.
I will start cleaning out systems "not worth it" eventually, so that i get a playable list.

First post will be updates with latest numbers now.

Edited by Romfrosk

10 hours ago, Romfrosk said:

I have started to use @Dane way of noting down if i have issues with a platform or not. 

Only gotten to F , but hopefully i'll get more done soon.

It is time consuming, but the only way I could remember with everything what was wrong. You have even more than I so it will definitely take you a while, but it will be worth it in the end.

Finally been through all systems and noted down if i have any issues starting.
I found some systems wrongly marked as OK as well. 

Hopefully i'll get more systems on the OK list for emulators at least :) New spreadsheet will be uploaded shortly

Todays been mostly getting more systems to work, but also a proper cleanup of the systemlist.

I've removed a few systems with no obvious emulator.
And some obscure none english ones.

I still have some of them included, and i've not decided what to do with them yet.
I also finally got around to locate some of my missing systems :)

I've updated the main post with new data :)

Edited by Romfrosk

2 hours ago, Romfrosk said:

I've updated the main post with new data :)

I see your list has shrunk some, still a very large list though of course. I see you have quite a few systems that say "OK" where I have not got the same ones up and running yet. I am hoping your list will spur me on to get some more of mine working, as is always a continual process. Lately I have just been downloading more games directly onto an external hard drive whilst awaiting for my new additional 8TB internal hard drive to arrive in the post as I've no more room on my existing internal 4TB hard drive. I have questions I would like to ask comparing our lists but I will wait for now, here is my current one if you would like to compare: My Systems.xlsx

You are definitely progressing nicely.

EDIT: Have you messed around with overlays and shaders yet either on RetroArch or RocketLauncher? If not, don't! I did some through RetroArch and for me it REALLY enhances the whole experience tenfold. So as a result, soon I will be initiating the time-consuming task of adding another layer to my whole setup of RocketLauncher for this purpose. I know some people see RocketLauncher as an unnecessary middleman but for this purpose it is necessary as RetroArch only supports probably 20% of my systems.

Edited by Dane
  • Like 1

I will probably end up playing with that as well after I have most of my systems running. I'm aiming to get most work in retroarch. Then name, and then standalone if the two above is not possible or good.

I mostly got rid of systems I cannot find any emulators for. And some Japanese, Hungarian and so on systems. 

I bet I'll add some more soon anyway. ? 

Currently checking my entire collection for new images. I seem to find new everyone I do this. Even though my settings have been the same for many weeks. 

P. S: keep Wikipedia unchecked. It will triple the time it takes to get artwork. 

14 hours ago, Dane said:

I have questions I would like to ask comparing our lists but I will wait for now, here is my current one if you would like to compare: My Systems.xlsx

Just keep em coming:)

I have gone through your list, and found you've gotten many systems to run, that i haven't yet.
Thanks for the list.

Hopefully this will make my setup even more complete.
I also added some of the new systems in your list.

I've decided to merge NEC PC-9801 and NEC PC9821 into one, Same with 8801 and 88VA and Sharp X1 Turbo and Sharp X1
I do think that in the end, i'll hope to have 250-300 fully working systems. 

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

How do you do the "scan for artwork"?

I only use LBs integrated scan for Metadata and Media.
But it seems to pick up new artwork everytime. no matter how many times i run it.

But i constantly get errors though. between 4 and 5000 errors 

On 5/23/2018 at 9:03 AM, Romfrosk said:

I were stupid enough to look at Danes list, and boom, 11 new systems in my list

Haha! Nice. You know you want more!

On 5/22/2018 at 3:32 PM, Romfrosk said:

I mostly got rid of systems I cannot find any emulators for. And some Japanese, Hungarian and so on systems. 

I think I only have a couple of system under this category, or at least ones that there are not any good emulation for like the Loopy and Jaguar-CD. If I have system that I simply cannot get running well I reckon I will discard them also.

5 hours ago, Romfrosk said:

Haven't been able to do so much work today. Mostly downloading and placing some missing systems

That is interesting that you say every time you scan for artwork it comes up with more. I have not done that once but will towards the end, I am sure it will take a long time for it to check 60k+ games.

5 hours ago, Romfrosk said:

But i constantly get errors though. between 4 and 5000 errors 

Yeah for whatever reason when I add a new system it often return errors.

I've decided to merge NEC PC-9801 and NEC PC9821 into one, Same with 8801 and 88VA and Sharp X1 Turbo and Sharp X1
I do think that in the end, i'll hope to have 250-300 fully working systems. 

I have also split up many systems but with those systems if the libraries are tiny I would do the same thing.

Edited by Dane

Hi all :)

There has been no progress the past week.
Haven't had much time to play around, and i've decided to move the entire collection to a NAS drive for now.
This may have been a bad move, as things are very sluggish.

I may move them back when i get my new 1TB SSD, but i'll update you.

I will now start replacing Some of my systems ROMs with the most recent No-Intro set. To get a cleaner list

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I found that too. However, if you have the ROMs on the NAS and the rest local then that seems to run fine.

Yeah.
that was the setup i had as well.
But images alone has now grown to crazy sizes, so i'll need a faster and larger disk in order to store it locally :p

• 3 weeks later...

Where are you @Romfrosk? Have you shuffled off this mortal coil to play tetherball with JonBenét Ramsey in the big blue sky? Or have you moved your family to the Appalachian Mountains to follow your dreams of opening a strip-club for Norwegian sailors disguised as a coy-farm to avoid financial discrepancies with Uncle Sam?