LaunchBox Community Forums

8.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 5/29/2018 at 1:44 PM, ALIE said:

@Jason Carr I got this issue with the latest beta the side bar takes up the entire screen. There's no line so I can pull it and reduce its size. 

20180529_222505.jpg

That's an odd one. Do you run your LaunchBox installation on multiple machines and sync between them? There's a setting in Settings.xml called SideBarSize, if you make that smaller, that should resolve the issue, but I don't know how it would have gotten large in the first place. What is that value set to in the XML?

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2018 at 3:26 PM, faydesmee said:

I think I found one more missing feature in LB Next. When I hit CTRL+F, the search bar/window does not activate. I know it has been moved. So I think it would also be useful if CTRL+F worked after closing the sidebar to have more space. It's a little thing, which I found very useful in the old Launchbox while searching for games. 

I just implemented Ctrl+F for the next beta. If the side bar is hidden, it just re-shows it for now. :)

21 hours ago, Drybonz said:

Was I the only one that had this error?  Maybe because I have some custom categories?  Dunno.

Anyway, I did some quick and limited testing, but it seems to be all worked out as of beta 11.  Thanks.

It was just a rare, random error. I believe I had seen it once before myself as well.

Alright, beta 12 is out now with the following implemented in LaunchBox.Next:

• Drag and drop
  • Performance improvements for arrow key navigation
  • Fixed an update error message for poor connections
  • Ctrl+F now works to jump to the search box
  • Double-click now only works to launch games if you actually double-click on a game (instead of the scrollbar for example)
  • Fixed another potential VLC error
  • Fixed some threading bugs
  • Fixed an issue with no boxes being displayed when the form is resized (scrolling issue)
  • Fixed arrow key navigation not always displaying the full box item
  • Custom fonts

These are the only remaining items before I'm considering LaunchBox.Next to be feature-complete with LaunchBox:

• Pressing a letter key to jump to items
  • Custom spacing options
  • Music playback
  • Controllers & controller automation

I've actually already started on controllers & controller automation, but it's very extensive so it's not included in this beta. I may end up putting out the next official release before all of the above four features get implemented, depending on how quickly I can get them done. Regardless, the end is in sight. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

@Jason Carr I keeping getting this error when I startup Next with the newest beta.

(Inner Exception)

无法载入指定的模块.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.3-beta-13
Type:    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Site:    IntPtr (System.String)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox

at (String )
   at Meta.Vlc.Win32Api.LoadLibrary(String lpFileName)
   at (String )

(Outer Exception)

Can't load LibVlc dlls, check the platform and LibVlc target platform (should be same, x86 or x64).

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.3-beta-13
Type:    Meta.Vlc.LibVlcLoadLibraryException
Site:    Void (System.String)
Source:  Unbroken.LaunchBox

at (String )
   at Meta.Vlc.LibVlcManager.LoadLibVlc(String libVlcDirectory)
   at ()
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ApiManager.Initialize()
   at (String , String[] )
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.ApiManager.Initialize(String libVlcPath, String[] vlcOption)
   at (VlcPlayer , String , String[] )
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.Initialize(String libVlcPath, String[] libVlcOption)
   at (VlcPlayer , EventArgs )
   at Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer.OnInitialized(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.TryFireInitialized()
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ChangeLogicalParent(DependencyObject newParent)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.AddLogicalChild(Object child)
   at System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection.AddInternal(UIElement element)
   at System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection.Add(UIElement element)
   at (VideoControl )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Next.Controls.VideoControl.<.ctor>b__8_0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

10:01:50 PM Exception

Just put out beta 14 that seems to fix that error. I'm not sure exactly what happened to be honest, but I think it was somehow just an issue with the compile or deploy. You should be able to update from regular LaunchBox if LaunchBox.Next isn't working. Sorry for the trouble there guys.

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, if I understand what you're saying correctly, you do have to download metadata in order to download media.

I will be more precise. If my games have already metadatas, I can't bulk update medias without updating at the same time the metadatas. You're saying that's a normal behavior right?

Edited by Fablog

@Jason Carr I am encountering a weird bug with beta 14 where often when double clicking a game to load it will load the previous game that was selected. What appears to be happening is if I click a game to see its details and then just double click a different game the game I had selected before will load. So for example if I click on Golden Axe to see its details and then I decide I would rather play Golden Axe 3 which is right beside it I double click Golden Axe 3 quickly it will load Golden Axe instead. 

The solution to preventing this is to select the game I actually want to play first to see its details and then double click it. When I do this it will load the game properly instead of the previously selected game.

16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

That's an odd one. Do you run your LaunchBox installation on multiple machines and sync between them? There's a setting in Settings.xml called SideBarSize, if you make that smaller, that should resolve the issue, but I don't know how it would have gotten large in the first place. What is that value set to in the XML?

Thanks that worked i put on 10 it was on 1655 ?.

no i only run LB on one machine it just happened from update to update.

I've just noticed if I have a system with an apostrophe in it and the folder that is automatically created by LaunchBox for the "\Images\Platforms\" folder ONLY places an underscore instead of an apostrophe. I'm assuming this isn't intended as the other folders such as Games, Images, Manuals, Music and Videos don't have underscores. If I change it to an apostrophe LaunchBox keeps making a folder with an underscore. I don't see anywhere in the .xml files to change this.

image.thumb.png.a4e89473a15e2aead32275dc4319556f.png

Edited by wallmachine

3 hours ago, wallmachine said:

I've just noticed if I have a system with an apostrophe in it and the folder that is automatically created by LaunchBox for the "\Images\Platforms\" folder ONLY places an underscore instead of an apostrophe. I'm assuming this isn't intended as the other folders such as Games, Images, Manuals, Music and Videos don't have underscores. If I change it to an apostrophe LaunchBox keeps making a folder with an underscore. I don't see anywhere in the .xml files to change this.

image.thumb.png.a4e89473a15e2aead32275dc4319556f.png

Edit: Corrected response below.

Edited by fromlostdays

17 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

I'm not a guru but I think this is intended behavior. I know colons are a source of trouble, and not just for launchbox. I THINK part it is because xml doesn't support that character? What I know for sure is that it's good practice to never use them in rom names or system names. Maybe apostrophes fall into the same category?

Colons can't be used in directory/file names that's why you don't see them used in anything that corresponds directly to file names, apostrophes are fine. The colon is a normal character in xml and the apostrophe can be used literally also but needs to be escaped if an attribute is enclosed using apostrophes/single quotes and the attribute value contains an apostrophe.

Edited by Agent47
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Agent47 said:

Colons can't be used in directory/file names that's why you don't see them used in anything that corresponds directly to file names, apostrophes are fine. The colon is a normal character in xml and the apostrophe can be used literally also but needs to be escaped if an attribute is enclosed using apostrophes/single quotes and the attribute value contains an apostrophe.

Nothing we can do its the way he has coded it, that platforms folder references the gamessb i believe and maybe isnt enclosed correctly, not 100%

Edited by wallmachine