LaunchBox Community Forums

8.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

13 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

As far as I am aware the prevention of launching multiple instances of an emulator has never even been implemented, therefor it is not a bug that you can spam the button and launch multiple instances.

Loading game has been implemented to eliminate the problem of loading double instances. You can ask Jason if you do not believe me.

13 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

This is why it is attached to the loading screen feature from the last poll and will be getting put in fairly soon once Jason gets to the new features from the poll after the work on Launchbox Next is done.

A bug is not something that you want and isn't there, a bug is something that is there but doesn't work correctly or causes another issue.

Launchbox is not "full of bugs" as you put it, in fact the stable build is pretty lacking in bugs. Of course there are some, no software is ever 100% bug free. Much like any other software out there bug fixes and new features get prioritized based on urgency and severity.

I'm not a developer, but the methodology for possible solutions I understand it perfectly.
I repeat, it is not for me to decide, I hope in the good sense of those who have the opportunity to act.

OK we get it. I think we can let this topic settle. Jason has already said he will get to it when he tackles startup screen from the poll so if that is not good enough for you right now I am not sure what to tell you. I hope those in good sense have the opportunity to act and be patient. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dov_EL said:

Loading game has been implemented to eliminate the problem of loading double instances. You can ask Jason if you do not believe me.

I'm not a developer, but the methodology for possible solutions I understand it perfectly.
I repeat, it is not for me to decide, I hope in the good sense of those who have the opportunity to act.

Based on the video posted, it does look like it is a bug, but it's not something that I've seen before, nor is it something that everyone experiences (or it could be specific to a particular emulator, I'm not sure). Regardless, I will be tackling it soon enough, but it's not what I would consider top priority considering that it's not affecting everyone.

Anyways, yes, let's please move on from this topic.

Beta 7 is out now guys with the following:

- Improvement: Options to disable side bar counts or not right align them have been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: LaunchBox.Next side bar drop down scroll bar styles have been themed

- Improvement: Color themes are now available in LaunchBox.Next

I've also made "refresh selected images" threaded so that it doesn't lock up the interface and hopefully fixed the side bar sorting bug (*hopefully*). Let me know how this one fares.

Here's a quick screenie of the new LaunchBox.Next NES color theme:

image.thumb.png.cc86ef8cfea71dc9ca143aa5f6af1027.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Put out betas 8 and 9 earlier to further test and troubleshoot the out of order sidebar items issue, which still wasn't fixed for some people believe it or not. It does appear to be thankfully finally fixed in beta 9. :)

Yup, out of order platforms and platform category's is now fixed for me. Good troubleshooting as always @Jason Carr 

• Like 1

One note on the platforms sidebar... I have a good bit more room that I could reduce it in size past the "minimum" size.  I'd like to suggest removing the minimum size restriction so that we can make it even more narrow, if we prefer, as this might allow for another column of game thumbnails.

On 5/23/2018 at 1:29 PM, Drybonz said:

One note on the platforms sidebar... I have a good bit more room that I could reduce it in size past the "minimum" size.  I'd like to suggest removing the minimum size restriction so that we can make it even more narrow, if we prefer, as this might allow for another column of game thumbnails.

Sure, I'll make a note to reduce that minimum width. It needs a minimum width of some sort in order to prevent things from going haywire, but it looks like we have some room to spare.

• Like 1

Just put out beta 10 folks with Arrange By finally implemented in LaunchBox.Next. We're getting very close to the end; the only major thing I can think of that we're missing is controller features (game controller automation and being able to control LaunchBox.Next itself with the controller). Hopefully that won't prove to be very difficult and we can prep for the next official release by the end of next week.

If there are any features other than this that you can identify as missing from the original LaunchBox, please let me know. I know there are some minor tweaking things that are missing, such as font and spacing controls, but other than that I think we're getting pretty close. I will look to add some additional options as far as displaying the boxes and such once we have everything else tackled.

Oh, Jaron is working on getting the column hiding and ordering working in the list view, so there's that as well.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

last time I checked consolidation wasn't working yet.

What's it doing exactly?

12 minutes ago, faydesmee said:

One important thing about Arrange by is missing, I think. It does not support custom fields yet. Hopefully, this can be added soon. Thanks.

Ah, yes. I'll look into that. I also just realized that I haven't yet updated the details line on the boxes to change based on the arrange by. That's coming as well.

I was just changing between categories in "arrange by" and got this guy:

The root Visual of a VisualTarget cannot have a parent.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.3-beta-10
Type:    System.ArgumentException
Site:    Void SetRootVisual(System.Windows.Media.Visual)
Source:  PresentationCore

There's a bunch more to it I will  report the error through LB.