LaunchBox Community Forums

[Batch File] Core Splitter (Windows | Android)

Using the same idea as @le_el ( this post ), I modified the code to split the main core and the info file, and all new cores have yours own options. Ideal to use a different shaders/overlays/remaps/overrides for each system.

Instruction:

Windows

Place the two files in “cores” folder and run the .bat. The main core and the info file will be splitted. If run the .bat again, the splitted files will be recreated.

Android (by @le_el)

Copy from /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/ and /data/data/com.retroarch/info/ (you may need root), and put on somefolder\cores\ and somefolder\info.

Run the .bat from inside the somefolder\cores\ folder and it will do it’s job.

Then put back the new files from both folders back into/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/ and /data/data/com.retroarch/info/ (again, you may need root).

If the Android’s retroarch can allow to change the core/info folder to the sdcard or main memory, it should be easier and avoid the need of root.

Thanks, @le_el, for your method and, @RetroFans, for testing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEGA SYSTEMS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis Plus GX - GN | CD | GG | MS | SG

Windows - Download

Android - Download

PicoDrive - GN | CD | 32X | MS

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Gearsystem - MS | GG

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Reicast - DC | NM

Windows - Download

Android - Download

NINTENDO SYSTEMS

Mesen - NES | NFC | FDS

Windows - Download

Android - Download

The custom palette “MesenPalette” is the same for all cores.

Windows - Download (Alt)

Android - Download (Alt)

Alt. Version: The custom palette is diferente for all cores.

[Nintendo] MesenPalette.pal

[Famicom] M_NFCPalette.pal

[Famicom Disk System] M_FDSPalette.pal

Snes9x - SNES | SFC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

nSide Balanced - SNES | SFC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

SameBoy - GB | GBC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Gambatte - GB | GBC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Gearboy - GB | GBC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

NEC SYSTEMS

Beetle PCE FAST - PCE | CD | TGX | TCD

Windows - Download

Android - Download

SNK SYSTEMS

FB Alpha 2012 Neo Geo - MVS | AES

Windows - Download

Android - Download

ARCADE / AES SYSTEMS

FB Alpha - Arcade | AES

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Edited by lfan
  • Like 8

Thank you a bunch!

I will check the bat content once I get to the PC and see if I can edit it and make the same for Mesen and PCE. I currently have a bat (created by Thatman in Libretro) and made cfg files for Famicom, Famicom Disk System and PC Engine games, so I can use different overlays against NES and TG16. 

EDIT: Worked fine for Mesen as well. I had to compress the core names so they have the same amount of characters as the original file, otherwise they will not work. So;

• Mesen (original one to use with NES)
  • MesFC (Famicom core)
  • MeFDS (Famicom Disk System core)

I will leave the bat content below, in case anybody wants to user it (or tweak it):

@echo off
echo RETROARCH CORE SPLITTER - MESEN
echo.

REM Batch created by lfan: https://forums.libretro.com/u/lfan
REM Gsar website: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gsar.htm

REM Setting the paths
SET "GSAR_EXE=..\cores\gsar.exe"
SET "RETROCOREFOLDER=..\cores"
SET "RETROINFOFOLDER=..\info"

REM Replace | Original internal name | New internal name | Original file | New file
echo CORES
echo.
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mesen" -r"MesFC"        "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesen_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesfc_libretro.dll"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"mesen_" -r"mesfc_"    -o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesfc_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesfc_libretro.dll"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mesen" -r"MeFDS"        "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mesen_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mefds_libretro.dll"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"mesen_" -r"mefds_"    -o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mefds_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mefds_libretro.dll"
echo.
echo INFO
echo.
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mesen" -r"MesFC"        "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mesen_libretro.info" -f "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mesfc_libretro.info"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mesen" -r"MeFDS"        "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mesen_libretro.info" -f "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mefds_libretro.info"
echo.
echo Done!
echo.
pause

Edited by Kondorito
  • Like 2

Thanks, @Kondorito, for your test and post!

The new internal name must have the same amount of characters as the original internal name. The name of the new file doens't follow this rule.

Very easy and usefull! Two seconds or less to have new cores.

Edited by lfan

19 minutes ago, lfan said:

Thanks, Kondorito, for your test and post!

Yes, the new internal name must have the same amount of characters as the original internal name. The name of the new file doens't follow this rule.

Very easy and usefull! Two seconds or less to have new cores.

Thank you @lfan.

Quick question, I am trying to do the same thing for TurboGrafx-16 using the Mednafen PCE Fast core, but getting an error with the gsar. Do you mind checking the below lines and see where I am mistaken? Cos I cannot see it.

Error: 

gsar: unable to open input file '..\cores\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll'

echo CORES
echo.
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Beetle PCE Fast" -r"Beetle TGX Fast"        "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"beetle_pce_fast_" -r"beetle_tgx_fast_"    -o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"
echo.
echo INFO
echo.
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Beetle PCE Fast" -r"Beetle TGX Fast"        "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.info" -f "%RETROINFOFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.info"
echo.
echo Done!
echo.
pause

Edited by Kondorito

@Kondorito, the Beetle PCE FAST internal core name is Mednafen PCE Fast (libretro docs).

%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mednafen PCE Fast" -r"Mednafen TGX Fast"	"%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"

And the next line:

%GSAR_EXE% -s"pce_" -r"tgx_"	-o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"

pce_ are the characters which are repeated for the Beetle PCE FAST options. Open the retroarch-core-options file and see it for others cores.

13 hours ago, lfan said:

@Kondorito, the Beetle PCE FAST internal core name is Mednafen PCE Fast (libretro docs).

%GSAR_EXE% -s"Mednafen PCE Fast" -r"Mednafen TGX Fast"	"%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"

And the next line:

%GSAR_EXE% -s"pce_" -r"tgx_"	-o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\mednafen_tgx_fast_libretro.dll"

pce_ are the characters which are repeated for the Beetle PCE FAST options. Open the retroarch-core-options file and see it for others cores.

You rock! Will modify and test it when I get home. Thanks again! 

• Like 1

I read all that, and the thread by le_el and wonder to myself "what could possibly go wrong"?

PS. This was a feature that I requested in the past. The ability to use multiple different RetroArch configs for one system and then be able to launch them on the fly in BigBox.

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesBond@ge said:

I read all that, and the thread by le_el and wonder to myself "what could possibly go wrong"?

PS. This was a feature that I requested in the past. The ability to use multiple different RetroArch configs for one system and then be able to launch them on the fly in BigBox.

I was looking for it too! Mainly to use different shaders/overlays/overrides in my favorite core.

I changed the le_el code to all new cores have yours options saved individually in retroarch-core-options file, and the core name displayed in RetroArch is more friendly, instead of be displayed the file name.

And to update the new cores is very easy and fast. Just update de main file and run the batch.

(Sorry for my bad English)

Edited by lfan

Hey @lfan the fixes you made for PCE worked fine, however for some reason the info file was not created (ended up doing it manually). 

If you can put Mednafen PCE Fast in your to-do queue I will highly appreciate it, as it will surely be a better version than my bat attempt :)

Cheers! 

17 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Hey @lfan the fixes you made for PCE worked fine, however for some reason the info file was not created (ended up doing it manually). 

If you can put Mednafen PCE Fast in your to-do queue I will highly appreciate it, as it will surely be a better version than my bat attempt :)

Cheers! 

OK, @Kondorito! Maybe today or tomorrow.

:)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lfan said:

@Kondorito, does the main core could be for PC Engine (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.dll) and the new for PC Engine CD (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro-cd.dll)? I didn't understand why a new core for TurboGrafx-16.

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing it.

PC Engine and Turbografx-16 are like the Famicom and the NES; they are produced by the same company and with the same internal specs, but each system was released in a different locked region, has its own aesthetics and culture, and have different games list (PC Engine has a 300+ library, whereas TG16 has 90+ games).

• Like 1

On 02/05/2018 at 3:07 PM, Kondorito said:

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing it.

PC Engine and Turbografx-16 are like the Famicom and the NES; they are produced by the same company and with the same internal specs, but each system was released in a different locked region, has its own aesthetics and culture, and have different games list (PC Engine has a 300+ library, whereas TG16 has 90+ games).

@Kondorito, did you test the Beetle PCE FAST batch?

• lfan changed the title to [Batch File] Core Splitter (Windows | Android)