LaunchBox Community Forums

[Batch File] Core Splitter (Windows | Android)

3 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

awesome

could this also implemented as a standard functionality within launchbox for more than one core or system? @Jason Carr

@Chris Kant, see the new options "Save Content Directory Overrides" and "Save Content Directory Remap File" in RetroArch.

Override, Presets & Remap Improvements

If you want separate cores with individual internal options, then use the core splitter.

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2018 at 10:18 AM, lfan said:

see the new options "Save Content Directory Overrides" and "Save Content Directory Remap File" in RetroArch.

Not sure this is in the current (1.7.3) release of retroarch. It looks like it might be in the next release (?) ... will be a nice addition.

Yeah, I realise the use case for this now. Nintendo DS / DesMuME in particular needs to have different "core options" for each view. The options for side by side view and top bottom views etc are stored in the "core options" file and you can only have one of these per core. I tried copying and renaming a core to achieve this but no luck. This core splitting shindiggery has enabled me to save have 5 DeSmuME cores, and 5 separate DS configurations.

• Lordmonkus pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...