LaunchBox Community Forums

Dan's Ultimate/Universal Collection - a rational list based on quality

3 hours ago, Dan said:

So if we take the position that any "collection" should not be included as a dedicated platform - what are the thoughts on including it as playlist, and having that playlist appear in the list of platforms somewhere?

Playlists literally are collections of various games that have some specific thing in common, so I would say that's appropriate, yes. I don't include them in my platform list though, personally. I see them as separate things, and separate them in my library accordingly.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:18 AM, Dane said:

That to me seems like semantics as it is the same difference. I reckon the list should be viewed as what is possible and then it is up to the individual to decide what to include in their collection. I do not see anything wrong with adding anything as long as the individual likes what they have. I know you are just asking for a general consensus though. There are people whom I am sure would not have their setup the way I have mine as I have some stuff broken into regions and separate "platforms" like homebrews, hacks, pirates, translations and the like: My Systems.xlsx

EDIT: I have the Infocom games on my setup, 38 of them. The Z-Machine works just fine with them and are a lot of fun.

I don't think the point is to dissuade people from doing there own thing and being creative. I think the point IS actually semantics. Not a value judgement, just a clearer definition. What is a platform, what is a playlist, what groups of things are best defined where etc.