LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch 1.7.3 not working on LaunchBox

d_dearlet

1 minute ago, ian_stagib said:

Apologies for replying to this old thread but I stumbled on it due to having the exact same problem. I was working with a fresh install of LB and RA and just followed the LB tutorial for adding RA to everything. The first platform I brought over was the original GameBoy. I had downloaded the required cores on RA and set up full screen mode but the games wouldn't launch. I pulled over a GameBoy Color rom and that started without issue. With following this thread and the fact that the color game worked I took a closer look at the associated platforms on the RA emulator and noticed that it only had the GameBoy Color listed but not the GameBoy. I added the GameBoy at the bottom of the list, associated the necessary core and bingo.

I hope this helps someone in future cause it wasn't an obvious issue for me.

Yeah, some platforms are pre populated but it's far from exhaustive as so many platforms are possible to run in retroarch.

• 5 months later...

I would like to know if anybody have found a fix to this as I am experiencing the same hassle. Games work through retroarch but not launching from launchbox/big box. I even bought the big box license to see if this would help( i want to install the pc on an arcade cab)  o luck. Redream, dolphin work but not retroarch. Had same problem before with mame.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

i also run into kinda same Problem as the Topic describes. But i found out what whent wrong on my installation.

Launchbox does require exactly the same cores you can find in the Emulator Core list.

For example, for SNES, Launchbox requires the: snes9x_libretro.dll core. Now if you run Retroarch it will install a newer version of the core: snes9x2010_libretro.dll.

So you have to rename that core from snes9x2010_libretro.dll into snes9x_libretro.dll.

That worked for me, i hope i could help someone out.

10 minutes ago, enton said:

Hi there,

i also run into kinda same Problem as the Topic describes. But i found out what whent wrong on my installation.

Launchbox does require exactly the same cores you can find in the Emulator Core list.

For example, for SNES, Launchbox requires the: snes9x_libretro.dll core. Now if you run Retroarch it will install a newer version of the core: snes9x2010_libretro.dll.

So you have to rename that core from snes9x2010_libretro.dll into snes9x_libretro.dll.

That worked for me, i hope i could help someone out.

No that's well off the mark i'm afraid. Launchbox doesnt "require" you use any core, there are some defaults pre-configured but you can change them to any core you like in the dropdown in the associated platform tab for Retroarch.

928991816_Screenshot(105).thumb.png.617d7125eba24586a32a21e0449871fe.pngAs for the snes9x2010 core thats incorrect also. You can download whatever core you want in Retroarch, there are several for SNES, i personally use Higan or BsnesHD. The snes9x2010 core is actually a older core designed for older and therefore weaker hardware, the standard snes9x core is the most up to date one and is what you should use if you want to use a snes9x core over something more accurate.

• 3 months later...

I had similar issue - no window popped it at all, no error message, nothing...
Initially I though that I've missed to configure something, but after checking all possible options, including manually start a game from the command prompt via retroarch.exe -L cores/fbneo_libretro.dll" "<rom>" the game wasn't starting as well...

Then I remembered that I didn't copy the BIOS files into the retroarch/SYSTEM folder, as some games were requiring these...

BAM, everything works... it was all my fault :)

• 8 months later...

Sorry if I'm digging up this topic, but I ran into this issue, and at least for me, the problem was that I had renamed the platform. LB imports GBA games as "NINTENDO GAME BOY ADVANCE", and I had changed it to "GAME BOY ADVANCE". I've solved it by adding an associated platform configuring Retroarch in LB, and called this new platform "GAME BOY ADVANCE", exactly as I renamed it, and choosing the correct core.