LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

On 7/13/2018 at 11:42 PM, voicesinthedark said:

Well now don't I just feel stupid. lol The only media I have downloaded is the box art for all of my games so I've never messed around with any of the videos and music so I've never actually messed with the volume knob or anything and never even knew it was anything more than a static graphic. lol

For what it's worth, I fixed the zero volume issue in the latest beta. It no longer defaults to zero volume. :)

9 hours ago, faydesmee said:

Am I missing something? How do I play a playlist in particular order in BB or LB? I have created a few playlists and want them to be played in order without touching a mouse. Just watching, you know. Is this possible?

Are you referring to a games playlist or a music playlist?

30 minutes ago, faydesmee said:

I am referring to games. In LB there is an option to set your own order, in which games appear in the playlist. But I wonder how can I actually auto move to a next game and play it to watch the videos in LB/BB according to what I set in the playlist.

For me, personally, it's quite important. For instance, I have some playlists ordered by year (release date) and would like it to be auto-played by year (release date). That are many more possibilities, of course.

I think it can be especially useful in BB. Can we sort by anything our playlists in BB?

That is not currently a feature. Honestly I don't think it would be a common request, but feel free to request it using Help & Support > Request a Feature in the header.

Keep in mind that this thread is for missing features in LaunchBox.Next that are in the original LaunchBox. Let's try and keep this thread focused on that.

1 minute ago, faydesmee said:

OK. But it should be easy to implement. It's small but very useful. Isn't the whole point of creating those playlists is to watch them the way we wish? Yeah, it's missing. I just thought it was already present in LB.

The playlists are implemented to allow you to have games from different platforms grouped together rather than being platform specific. So you could have a Zelda playlist for example with all the Zelda games from different platforms in one location. It wasn't as far as i know designed for watching videos of games from.

1 minute ago, faydesmee said:

OK. But it should be easy to implement. It's small but very useful. Isn't the whole point of creating those playlists is to watch them the way we wish? Yeah, it's missing. I just thought it was already present in LB.

Honestly, no, it's not at all easy to implement lol. There are a lot of features on the to-do list that are very useful and supposedly "small and easy to implement". The point of the playlists is to group your games as you wish, not to watch them in order. I see the value in that feature, but this is the very first time that that request has come in, so I'm doubtful that it would be a very common request.

As of beta 10, which just came out, we now have game controller features in .Next. There's only two items left, which should go fairly quickly:

• Custom spacing options (with # of text lines too)
  • Mouse cursor popup options

I should be able to implement these this week, and then we'll look to put out the next official release. Assuming all goes as expected, the 8.4 release will be the last official release to contain OG LaunchBox.

Has anyone brought up the missing feature when adding a new game, LaunchBox should highlight (select) that game on finishing the addition?

.Next doesn't. Hope I'm not bringing up something that has already been mentioned.

Thanks!  ?

Edited by Ranthalion75

After the last uses of launchbox to find my ideal setting, I suggest (ps I do not seem to have seen anything about it until now) something to store the settings of the menu details of the details, the platforms of the images representing the titles on the main screen. Once memorized these settings can be recalled at any time if something has changed and you want to go back to the starting point. In addition you should have the ability to customize the display mode for each platform that you put on the list. For example, for the neo geo pocket, I have all the video presentation and I like to see them, but for psp I do not have all the videos, so I would prefer that the videos would not be shown if not on command. The same applies to the details and / or the various screens.
Thanks!

3 hours ago, Colorman3605 said:

After the last uses of launchbox to find my ideal setting, I suggest (ps I do not seem to have seen anything about it until now) something to store the settings of the menu details of the details, the platforms of the images representing the titles on the main screen. Once memorized these settings can be recalled at any time if something has changed and you want to go back to the starting point. In addition you should have the ability to customize the display mode for each platform that you put on the list. For example, for the neo geo pocket, I have all the video presentation and I like to see them, but for psp I do not have all the videos, so I would prefer that the videos would not be shown if not on command. The same applies to the details and / or the various screens.
Thanks!

I'm not quite following, unfortunately. Can you rephrase?

9 hours ago, Colorman3605 said:

Thanks!

Taking a shot in the dark here, but I THINK what's being asked is a profile and snapshot function.  1st Part..... A way to save LB/BB settings and layouts as a snapshot, so if the user goes in and plays with configs, layouts, themes, etc but it breaks or they don't like it, they can return to their original setup/layout.   2nd Part.....They want to be able to create specific profiles on a per system basis in case they have tons of media art assets for the NES, but only 3d boxes for the PSP.  Feel free to correct me Colorman3605 if I have misunderstood you. 

To colorman3605, while I don't believe LB/BB has a snapshot feature built in yet, I THINK you can make just a backup copy of your LaunchBox/Data folder and then you can play around with different views and layouts.  If you like your original setup better, just restore the backup Data folder.  I am NOT 100% sure just the Data file is all you need to back up, so may I suggest you do some small scale testing before you go crazy with it.  Anybody here in the know, feel free to jump in and clarify.  As far as per system profiles.....that one is above my paygrade, sorry.

Mods:  Feel free to delete my post to oblivion if I have provided incorrect information....I would hate to break somebody's build due to misinformation.

Edited by PraxisPrime
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PraxisPrime said:

Taking a shot in the dark here, but I THINK what's being asked is a profile and snapshot function.  1st Part..... A way to save LB/BB settings and layouts as a snapshot, so if the user goes in and plays with configs, layouts, themes, etc but it breaks or they don't like it, they can return to their original setup/layout.   2nd Part.....They want to be able to create specific profiles on a per system basis in case they have tons of media art assets for the NES, but only 3d boxes for the PSP.  Feel free to correct me Colorman3605 if I have misunderstood you. 

To colorman3605, while I don't believe LB/BB has a snapshot feature built in yet, I THINK you can make just a backup copy of your LaunchBox/Data folder and then you can play around with different views and layouts.  If you like your original setup better, just restore the backup Data folder.  I am NOT 100% sure just the Data file is all you need to back up, so may I suggest you do some small scale testing before you go crazy with it.  Anybody here in the know, feel free to jump in and clarify.  As far as per system profiles.....that one is above my paygrade, sorry. 

Mods:  Feel free to delete my post to oblivion if I have provided incorrect information....I would hate to break somebody's build due to misinformation.

I apologize for my English, I use the automatic translator.

However I see that the concept that I wanted to express was understood that having the ability to configure the display options for each added platform can be saved under a single entry, and then be able to recall in case of accidental changes or not.

12 hours ago, Colorman3605 said:

I apologize for my English, I use the automatic translator.

However I see that the concept that I wanted to express was understood that having the ability to configure the display options for each added platform can be saved under a single entry, and then be able to recall in case of accidental changes or not.

I'm sorry @Colorman3605, but I'm still not following.