LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

On 8/6/2018 at 7:30 PM, Omen said:

@Jason Carr is it possible to either set a dead zone for controller analog sticks or disable the sticks in LB.Next completely? My mouse cursor drifts as soon as I turn on my controller while in LB.Next.

I'm having the same problem using an X360 controller as well, mainly it drifts on the x+ axis.  But I really like using the controller on LaunchBox.Next

Another thing I've noticed is that the music won't automatically stop when you click the game video on LB.Next. What I've been doing is muting the music so it won't overlap the video's audio.

Edited by KorbarnDK
Grammar

17 minutes ago, KorbarnDK said:

I'm having the same problem using an X360 controller as well, mainly it drifts on the x+ axis.  But I really like using the controller on LaunchBox.Next

Not sure if this will help it or not but you could always try running joy.cpl and recalibrating your controller and see if that helps.

59 minutes ago, KorbarnDK said:

Another thing I've noticed is that the music won't automatically stop when you click the game video on LB.Next. What I've been doing is muting the music so it won't overlap the video's audio.

I've increased the default dead zone in order to better combat this for 360 controllers with loose sticks. In the future, we'll probably add custom dead zone options, but for now, this should do it. It's now set to the same dead zone that OG LaunchBox had. These changes will be in the next beta (8.4-beta-18), out later today or tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Please let me know if anyone is experiencing bugs or crashes in beta 18. :)

Well, I experience the bug which I reported here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4423/merging-consolidating-games-does-not-work
Though, I don't think it's Launchbox.next or 8,4 specific issue (though I think this issue only started appearing around 8.2 or 8.3 but I might be wrong, could've also been 8.4 or earlier than 8.2). So, nothing high-priority as far as .next goes ;)

Edited by Landcross

I have also had that issue with my Analog sticks in the past..but seemed to go beyond LaunchBox. I think what happens with mine is if you accidentally press R2/Right Trigger or any Trigger or even nudge an Analog while turning on your controller with the Home/Guide button it tends to drag and ghost about. It was seen in the Controller Settings of Windows 10 and I noticed it at times when I played Quake 3: Arena for Windows PC after I set the Commands to it via Joy-to-Key. I use the PS3/PC Wireless Afterglow Controller which reads very much the same as any XBOX Controller type without any extra setup required

8 hours ago, Landcross said:

Well, I experience the bug which I reported here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4423/merging-consolidating-games-does-not-work
Though, I don't think it's Launchbox.next or 8,4 specific issue (though I think this issue only started appearing around 8.2 or 8.3 but I might be wrong, could've also been 8.4 or earlier than 8.2). So, nothing high-priority as far as .next goes ;)

Yes, I will look into this soon hopefully; it's on my shortlist, but yes, it's unrelated to .Next.

6 hours ago, faydesmee said:

One thing that I still miss is the ability to turn on custom fields in the list view.

I don't believe this is in OG LaunchBox either, yet; let me know if I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

I have also had that issue with my Analog sticks in the past..but seemed to go beyond LaunchBox. I think what happens with mine is if you accidentally press R2/Right Trigger or any Trigger or even nudge an Analog while turning on your controller with the Home/Guide button it tends to drag and ghost about. It was seen in the Controller Settings of Windows 10 and I noticed it at times when I played Quake 3: Arena for Windows PC after I set the Commands to it via Joy-to-Key. I use the PS3/PC Wireless Afterglow Controller which reads very much the same as any XBOX Controller type without any extra setup required

I did address the issue with LaunchBox.Next by increasing the horizontal deadzone, which was set to a smaller value in .Next than it was in OG.

I have only one complaint about this Launchbox.Next... what about the side bar?

Previously, in the normal Launchbox, my platform´s list are showed with minimum spaces between one and each other, and now, I have a scroll bar because they have too much spaces (Image attached)

I don´t want to have that scroll bar in order to have all my platforms at the same time, just like normal launchbox shows. There´s some way to improve this? All new interface looks ok, but this one thing is frustrating.

Thanks in advance!

Comparison.jpg

It would be really nice to have an option to  convert play lists to platforms, so you could further reorganize a mame collection or re structure it to lets say just Cave and CP Systems or Konami only setups if wanted without manually setting up a separate platform and trying to figure out what rom(s) needs to go where.

Edited by Beakerman

7 minutes ago, Beakerman said:

It would be really nice to have an option to  convert play lists to platforms, so you could further reorganize a mame collection or re structure it to lets say just Cave and CP Systems or Konami only setups if wanted without manually setting up a separate platform and trying to figure out what rom(s) needs to go where.

You can already add playlists to the platform list.

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You can already add playlists to the platform list.

I'm talking about converting playlists into platforms. i.e. move/copy all CAVE items in the playlist to the new CAVE platform without going into the HDD folders an moving/creating them manually, but have LB do it... restructure.

Edited by Beakerman

Just a quick reminder that this thread is not for general feature requests; it's only for pointing out features that are missing from LaunchBox.Next, but are included in the original LaunchBox interface.

@LuismaSP89 LaunchBox.Next will support custom themes very soon, which will allow changing that fairly easily. We may also add custom spacing settings for the sidebar in the default theme at some point as well.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Just a quick reminder that this thread is not for general feature requests; it's only for pointing out features that are missing from LaunchBox.Next, but are included in the original LaunchBox interface.

@LuismaSP89 LaunchBox.Next will support custom themes very soon, which will allow changing that fairly easily. We may also add custom spacing settings for the sidebar in the default theme at some point as well.

Ahh... my bad.

Just updated to 8.5 and when you click to start Launchbox.next it restarts as it should comes up and runs about 1 minute then reboots the computer.

the current (old) version of launchbox runs fine as well as does bigbox.

8.4 of next ran fine as well

Edited by d1rage5

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I noticed a few things that didn't quite work with Next (but are OK with OG). First when I clicked on the hover icon + for viewing the cover picture in fullscreen, it opened a "side window", (like a second instance/tab of Launchbox) and remained in the launchbox main view. It didn't appear in front as fullscreen as it should. I tried with OG and no problem: fullscreen.

Another thing that was strange was when I tried to add missing pictures to a newly added game, it didn't show the pictures - not even when I pressed "refresh". I switch back to OG, and there no problem adding/seeing new pictures.

PS. Oh, and before I forget: there's been an old bug in BigBox: Favoriting. I'm using a 360 Controller and I'm using BigBox to view my collection and pick the best I have and favorite them. I don't know if I'm too fast, but sometimes it doesn't put the "favorite" icon when I press it - but it does give the sound as if it would have been pressed. I press again and then it shows the icon, but it actually doesn't save it (going back to the previous menu and back the game list - not favorite after all). Could you check it?

I hope this is just a few hiccups, so I can switch permanently to NEXT. Launchbox library building and discovering all the stuff that'd I'd never even heard of (even if I'm a gaming "veteran") has turned out to be a hobby, really loving it. Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by kurzih
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 2:54 PM, Djungelurban said:

GIFs doesn't seem to display properly (or at all rather) in game details.

I'll take a look (though I assume you don't mean animated gifs).

15 hours ago, d1rage5 said:

Just updated to 8.5 and when you click to start Launchbox.next it restarts as it should comes up and runs about 1 minute then reboots the computer.

the current (old) version of launchbox runs fine as well as does bigbox.

8.4 of next ran fine as well

I expect this was some sort of a fluke, or unrelated to the LaunchBox 8.5 version. Let me know if you're still experiencing it.

12 hours ago, kurzih said:

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I noticed a few things that didn't quite work with Next (but are OK with OG). First when I clicked on the hover icon + for viewing the cover picture in fullscreen, it opened a "side window", (like a second instance/tab of Launchbox) and remained in the launchbox main view. It didn't appear in front as fullscreen as it should. I tried with OG and no problem: fullscreen.

Another thing that was strange was when I tried to add missing pictures to a newly added game, it didn't show the pictures - not even when I pressed "refresh". I switch back to OG, and there no problem adding/seeing new pictures.

PS. Oh, and before I forget: there's been an old bug in BigBox: Favoriting. I'm using a 360 Controller and I'm using BigBox to view my collection and pick the best I have and favorite them. I don't know if I'm too fast, but sometimes it doesn't put the "favorite" icon when I press it - but it does give the sound as if it would have been pressed. I press again and then it shows the icon, but it actually doesn't save it (going back to the previous many and back the game list - not favorite after all). Could you check it?

I hope this is just a few hiccups, so I can switch permanently to NEXT. Launchbox library building and discovering all the stuff that'd I'd never even heard of (even if I'm a gaming "veteran") has turned out to be a hobby, really loving it. Keep up the good work! :)

If you could create separate posts for these, I'd appreciate it. They will probably all need further troubleshooting and more details before they can be addressed (especially since I'm not able to replicate them).

Still on the topic of x360 controller regarding its functions on LBNext, I loved the custom pointer on the old LB when switching to the xbox controller, could you bring it back? Also it would be nice if we could scroll content by using the right analog stick, and if there was a way to increase the mouse controller cursor movement.

Edited by KorbarnDK

On 8/17/2018 at 10:49 AM, KorbarnDK said:

Still on the topic of x360 controller regarding its functions on LBNext, I loved the custom pointer on the old LB when switching to the xbox controller, could you bring it back? Also it would be nice if we could scroll content by using the right analog stick, and if there was a way to increase the mouse controller cursor movement.

We may add further controller options in the future, but the new implementation provides a lot more flexibility, as the old custom pointer solution only allowed navigation within the boxes and did not allow navigation on any of the popup windows.We could add a custom cursor, but honestly I don't think that custom cursor that we had would work very well outside of the boxes view, since it's so big. I agree about scrolling with the right stick though; hopefully I can add that soon.