LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

Seems since a new beta has been released it keeps installing and launching to say there is a new beta to be installed. I have done this like more than 5 times to where now I have decided to click "No" in which seems mine isn't switching over to Beta 2 yet. Not sure why this is or whoelse is having this issue, but I figured I'd let it be known

38 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Seems since a new beta has been released it keeps installing and launching to say there is a new beta to be installed. I have done this like more than 5 times to where now I have decided to click "No" in which seems mine isn't switching over to Beta 2 yet. Not sure why this is or whoelse is having this issue, but I figured I'd let it be known

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/46500-86-beta-1-released/?do=findComment&comment=293345

Hi!

I got an issue with the importation of the Steam Games.

At first, I've done all things requiered and imported all the games. Everything was there but... I wanted to have the category Coop. So i started LB Next and selecting my game and do Ctrl + e to open every coop games i wanted to add and everytime i changed the Play Mode settings to add Cooperative the default Banner icon disappear.

First question: Why does the import don't get all those information ( Cooperative that ia available on Steam )

Second Question: Why do the banner dissapear when i change the  Play Mode settings.

Is there any way to send more money to your community... You are so aware to our request and responsive... I want to tank you so much... And if i can bypass Steam to have a better interface... I want to give you more money to kick there Steamy ass... Thank you very much!

Maybe i should post it in another place...?

Edited by GzStation

Hi @GzStation, no need to send any more money our way, though I do really appreciate the purchase. I'm not exactly following everything in your post, but if a Steam game isn't in the LaunchBox Games Database, then metadata for that game won't be downloaded. Per things disappearing when changing play mode settings, honestly that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Feel free to open another topic and we can work through whatever's going on.

The bar overlay for game covers still does not stretch properly when using custom spacing. Is that intended behaviour, or a bug?

Also, now that .Next is default, can you get it to stop changing the font from Tahoma to Segoe?

Edited by maxcb97
Added query about font.

5 hours ago, maxcb97 said:

The bar overlay for game covers still does not stretch properly when using custom spacing. Is that intended behaviour, or a bug?

Also, now that .Next is default, can you get it to stop changing the font from Tahoma to Segoe?

@maxcb97 Can you give me an example of the overlay not stretching properly? I'm not sure what you're referring to. Also, Segoe UI is the new Windows font used for pretty much everything, so that is by design.

By not stretching:

image.png.2fc00f71e4333381e41d03b71534b474.pngI mean I would expect the black bar with the four icons to either be the length of the box art itself, or be the length of the entire highlighted area around the box.

Also, if you're allowing us to change the fonts in the options, is there really any reason to specifically prohibit Tahoma? If you want people to be moved from the old defaults, couldn't you have a flag in the settings, so the font reset is only run once?

11 minutes ago, maxcb97 said:

By not stretching:

image.png.2fc00f71e4333381e41d03b71534b474.pngI mean I would expect the black bar with the four icons to either be the length of the box art itself, or be the length of the entire highlighted area around the box.

Also, if you're allowing us to change the fonts in the options, is there really any reason to specifically prohibit Tahoma? If you want people to be moved from the old defaults, couldn't you have a flag in the settings, so the font reset is only run once?

I see. At this point, honestly, it's just a matter of priorities. I've moved on from .Next development for the most part back into building actual features. The black bar thing can easily be changed with a custom theme, and I know that there are custom themes being built, so I probably won't be back to that any time soon. Per Tahoma vs. Segoe UI, I might tackle that later if it proves to be a more common request, but as it stands I could be wrong but I think you're the only person who's requested it, so unfortunately that's not on the radar currently. That said, that could be solved with a custom theme as well. Sorry to not bring better news.

13 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Couldn't there be a way it shrinks the text as more characters are typed into it for each game title somehow? Mine kinda cuts off the rest of the title and I have to look to the panel on the right to see what the whole game title is called.

I may do something to address this at some point here, yes. Admittedly it could at least do a better job making sure that lines aren't cut off. Previously in OG LaunchBox we just put a ... at the end of the title if it was cut off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Jason, any chance you could add animated GIF support for the clear logo files? A couple of other front ends are now showing animated wheel graphics. They aren't specifically using animated GIF file, but I figured that would be the easiest way to get them in LB and BB.

Put this as a feature request on the bitbucket page.

Also something to keep in mind "those frontends" you speak of would be HyperSpin and its flash supported clear logos. Flash is a dead and insecure tech which no one should be using anymore, you shouldn't even have it installed on your system.

55 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Put this as a feature request on the bitbucket page.

Also something to keep in mind "those frontends" you speak of would be HyperSpin and its flash supported clear logos. Flash is a dead and insecure tech which no one should be using anymore, you shouldn't even have it installed on your system.

Thanks, I'll put in a feature request.

And no, I'm not referring to Hyperspin, although animated wheels are the latest feature in Hyperspin 1.5.1. Anything with Hyper in the name gives me hives. :)

7 minutes ago, airbikecop said:

Here's a pic of how I have Launchbox setup, it's not major...but anyway where it says "Title" and "Region" you can change the color? If not can an option be added?

Thank you so much again for making tweaks to the  list view some time ago! This is my setup and I just love it.

launchbox.png

It can be done with a custom theme, but unfortunately that part is just using the default Windows look and feel in the default theme, so the colors can't currently be changed. I'll probably leave it up to custom themes to change it at least for the time being.

5 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It can be done with a custom theme, but unfortunately that part is just using the default Windows look and feel in the default theme, so the colors can't currently be changed. I'll probably leave it up to custom themes to change it at least for the time being.

Thanks Jason, Not a huge deal if it ever gets fixed/changed or anything just curious but I'll try a custom theme and if not no worries - goes with my system theme anyway. Thank you for the quick reply.

• Like 1

Missing auto-generated playlists:

• 3-Player Games
  • Trackball Games
  • Spinner Games
  • Steering Wheel Games

These would be great to throw into the mix, with the appropriate official art.

Thanks again for all your work.  LaunchBox is still my favorite... still getting better all the time!

• Like 1

Hey guys. Cannot recall whether this was WAD in OG LB as well or not, but I am sliding the column titles to a certain width (so I can see specific field columns), and every time I remove a game or update something, the columns width goes back to default. Is there a way for LB to remember the columns position/width? Thanks!

• Jason Carr unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Hi! Often it happens to me that when I launch launchbox, it opens in a different position than the last time I used it. You could enter an option with which you can maintain the position and size of the program or an option with which we choose this two parameters.
In the details column I usually insert the videos (if available), the notes of the games and various screens of these (game titles, select screens etc ..., which I realize with various programs of screen capture and graphics). You could have the possibility to make the screens, if smaller than the size of the details column, are not automatically enlarged, while the larger ones are reduced by a scale (1/2. 1/4., Etc ...) .
Thanks!