LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, Nawaf said:

Missing Feature: A shortcut icon to launch BigBox from LaunchBox.Next

2076014357_2018-06-0621_16_16-LaunchBox.png.38cf441359d930cd619c659e298e3897.png

1 minute ago, Nawaf said:

Add Feature: An option to change the opacity or remove the colored boxes surrounding the box art.

See my first post after Jasons OP back on page 1.

2 hours ago, dragon57 said:

I just realized clear logos are not being displayed in Next when I click on a game image. I have double checked the background priorities choices in Options and Clear Logo is first in the list, then Fanart - Background. I have even unchecked Clear Logo, then gone back and reselected it with no change in behavior. Am I the only one who sees this?

I have not noticed this in regular Launchbox.

I actually purposefully didn't implement clear logo backgrounds this time around because I just don't think they look all that great so small behind all the boxes. I can look into adding it in though; I didn't figure many people were using it.

42 minutes ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

I don't like how when you click on a option in the menu bar you have to click again to exit instead of just cycling with your mouse. Feels awkard and rough. Please change it back to like it was in 8.2

Maybe a oversight? :)

I'm not fully following here; can you explain? Are you comparing LaunchBox.Next to the original LaunchBox version (8.2)?

42 minutes ago, Migue said:

The 'randomize Color Theme on startup' option seems to not be implemented.

Also the Default Background options doesn't seem to affect .Next either.

Gotcha, I'll look into both. :)

25 minutes ago, OzzieMonkey said:

Manual sorting in my playlists doesn't carry over and neither do my spacing settings

Spacing settings are still on the to-do list (see the first post of this topic). Wasn't aware about manual playlist sorting though; I'll take a look. :)

I also agree with OdinsPlayground regarding the black boxes around each game.  It would be nice to have it transparent.

Also, in the current LaunchBox, hovering the mouse cursor over a game would bring up a nice little bar where you can quickly access game art, flip the box to display the back cover and other things.  I hope we will be getting that back as I like using it for easy access of the game art without having to go into a sub-menu.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gamer1000 said:

The Retroarch core we are forced to use with Nintendo 64 Mupen64plus_libretro core crashes when using Vulken as video driver.

You aren't "forced" to use any core.

4 minutes ago, Gamer1000 said:

It would be nice if we could add our own emulators an have them launch games from with Launchbox.

You can use any emulator you like.

5 minutes ago, Gamer1000 said:

Change the default core for Nintendo 64 would be great.

You can change to any core you want that supports N64 roms.

5 minutes ago, Gamer1000 said:

A good way to add subfolders to emulator platforms would also be great.

This was voted for on the last poll, it wasn't highly voted but it did make the cut so it will come.

7 minutes ago, Gamer1000 said:

If you creat a custom platform and scrape it to an emulator launchbox has in the list the game will not Launch. I only launches with the default platforms.

You can create custom platforms and scrape them as any other platform you like, you are not confined to the default platforms.

in LB.Next, if you choose to use the Default Background, it just displays the color for the theme. In Normal LB, choosing Use Default Background, It uses a nice clean Carbon Fiber looking background which I like the look of much more than a single bright theme color or the horrible fanart that it looks like most people use. 

• Like 1

The "additional apps" feature doesn´t wait to end for launching the game (Using execute the app before the game and the wait for exit option) Only waits 15-20 seconds to launch a rom.

Example: You create a .bat file with some text "Instructions for the game" and a "pause" and the end. So, the user needs to press a key in order to close the message and open the game. But it doesn´t work, it only waits the same 15-20 seconds, and doesn´t matter if the app is not closed previously.

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I actually purposefully didn't implement clear logo backgrounds this time around because I just don't think they look all that great so small behind all the boxes. I can look into adding it in though; I didn't figure many people were using it.

I'm not fully following here; can you explain? Are you comparing LaunchBox.Next to the original LaunchBox version (8.2)?

Gotcha, I'll look into both. :)

In launchbox when you click on file, game, cloud, view etc you can move your mouse left or right and each list opens. In Launchbox.Next you have to click to exit the list then click again to see the next option list. It's only a nitpick but it just feels better the old way.

Screenshot (3).png

8 hours ago, TheMadMan007 said:

in LB.Next, if you choose to use the Default Background, it just displays the color for the theme. In Normal LB, choosing Use Default Background, It uses a nice clean Carbon Fiber looking background which I like the look of much more than a single bright theme color or the horrible fanart that it looks like most people use. 

Gotcha, noted. :)

2 hours ago, LuismaSP89 said:

The "additional apps" feature doesn´t wait to end for launching the game (Using execute the app before the game and the wait for exit option) Only waits 15-20 seconds to launch a rom.

Example: You create a .bat file with some text "Instructions for the game" and a "pause" and the end. So, the user needs to press a key in order to close the message and open the game. But it doesn´t work, it only waits the same 15-20 seconds, and doesn´t matter if the app is not closed previously.

This is a known issue and I don't think it has anything to do with .Next. It happens because the original bat/exe/etc. file closes before the game actually closes. All LaunchBox does is wait for that original process to close.

1 hour ago, Lukeyboy67 said:

In launchbox when you click on file, game, cloud, view etc you can move your mouse left or right and each list opens. In Launchbox.Next you have to click to exit the list then click again to see the next option list. It's only a nitpick but it just feels better the old way.

Screenshot (3).png

I see, makes sense. Yeah, those menus in the top right are not traditional menus, so they won't necessarily behave in the same way. Unfortunately I think getting that functionality to be exactly the same is more trouble than it's worth.

22 minutes ago, iamsiincere said:

So....my Big Box is crashing every time I start it. Also, I got a ton of update requests before the big change. I tried opening BigBox from Launchbox, Launcbox Next and by itself. Anyone know where this might be coming from?

Capture.PNG

That looks to be an error with the Ao.BigBox plugin.

I noticed one feature that is missing when I add a new game in manually via the "Add" feature in Next. When I close out of the add game menu,Next doesn't automatically show you the added game as I have to scroll to find it where as regular LaunchBox did. I liked that feature as it was a quick visual to let you know the game was added correctly. 

• Like 1

Thumbnails still aren't loading up quick enough for me, and the Info on the right takes a while to load up after. I have 51,601 games on mine that I run on i3 Windows 10 which might be why things kinda take a bit to get loaded up as I scroll on, search or even use Random Game. Speaking of the Random Game button, I still hope to see a quicker way to hit that instead of always going in via Tools for it.

I have yet to really try it all on my GPD Win, but hope to see that goes very well too.

1 hour ago, CapJS said:

One thing I'd like to implement, is that for each platform, I would like to decide whether to display 3D boxing, cartridges, screenshots, all individually

This is already possible, and should happen by default when you switch between various platforms and switch image types in LaunchBox or LaunchBox.Next.

• Like 1