LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

5 minutes ago, Ble3azy said:

FYI Adding to playlists doesn't appear to be working the same 'session' the playlists is created. if I create a playlist, and right click add games I get the success message, but the playlist is blank until restart.

Was working for me just fine the last couple of days while making playlists for my No Filler Mame sets, no restarting LB was necessary for them to show.

In Launchbox Next you can't order your playlist manually, I have configured in manual for some playlist and the playlist that are not manual are ordered for completed/not completed games in my Launchbox. Could you add the option to configure the order manually as in Launchbox?  In Launchbox Next it orders ALL for completed/not completed games. 

And I have a doubt, is there a fast way to order manually a playlist by for example drag and dropping the games into the list to change the position? or to order the playlist by numbers? (I mean that the number 1 is best game and number 2 goes after it, and if for example number 2 is taken, it automatically put your game in number 2 and the others next games [2, 3, 4, ect.] move 1 number more) It would help me a lot.

PS: In BigBox it is configured manually too, it is fine according with normal Launchbox.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, n3buresp1997 said:

In Launchbox Next you can't order your playlist manually, I have configured in manual for some playlist and the playlist that are not manual are ordered for completed/not completed games in my Launchbox. Could you add the option to configure the order manually as in Launchbox?  In Launchbox Next it orders ALL for completed/not completed games. 

And I have a doubt, is there a fast way to order manually a playlist by for example drag and dropping the games into the list to change the position? or to order the playlist by numbers? (I mean that the number 1 is best game and number 2 goes after it, and if for example number 2 is taken, it automatically put your game in number 2 and the others next games [2, 3, 4, ect.] move 1 number more) It would help me a lot.

PS: In BigBox it is configured manually too, it is fine according with normal Launchbox.

I would echo this. I have my Playlists organized by release date in LaunchBox. They are not sorted correctly in LaunchBox.Next

• Like 2

No if you want to see a progress bar uncheck that option it will prompt you when there is a download and if you select yes then you will see a progress bar. It would kind of defeat the purpose of being automatic in the background otherwise.

I've come across several issues.

When in 'List View', the 'Arrange By' drop down list from the top-right does not work to sort titles based on any of the mentioned categories. The 'Arrange By' only works when in 'Images View'.

There should be a second sorting method for the list on the left. For instance, I have all titles sorted by 'Platform' and then by 'Last Played'. For the platforms on the list on the left, it would be nice if we could sort these by year of release. A custom sorting method or a drag and drop system can come in handy as a 'Custom' sorting system.

Also when selecting the 'Last Played' category box to sort the titles by date of last played in 'List View' it begins in reverse order, starting with titles that do not have a date for that category. It's a hassle to select the box twice every time I start up the program in order sort titles that have been played last at the topCapture.thumb.JPG.427fb1d987274463f9856cda2c109c82.JPG.

• Like 1

In LB.Next Under OPTION / GAME DETAILS, please bring back the option to CHECK "SERIES", it's missing for some reason, the normal view has it, and I reference that a lot when going through games to see if they are assigned to a series or not, thanks!

* Nevermind, I missed it somehow, it is there.

Series and Genre's still need some love though... (see my above request)

Edited by cleverest

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

It's not a bug ?  but it is something that a lot of users aren't happy with hopefully Jason will figure something out to change it. I know I for one don't like how it looks and other users have commented on it also.

I think even if the containers themselves (when smaller) were enlarged to match the other larger/normal container sizes, it would look much better. (even if the image itself stayed the same size)

If allowed, I would like to give suggestions / requests for the versions to follow.

This is the launchbox screens as it is presented now, 001.thumb.png.5e1899d8f2b64e13f1acddcb53472ca3.png The next two images are launchbox with the changes that I thought:002.thumb.png.21dd4e00d80304851aec304bf522c88d.png003.thumb.png.c05cd3288038d96b4ef9288005271258.png- Same color for the frames of the games

- A small colored border for the selected game (same color for the selected platform). P.S. This color will be used for the other changes described.

Colored scroll bars

- The inclusion in the frame of the selected game of something that indicates that the game is a combined game. In this case I used 3 squares, as there are 3 games combined. In the details bar will be reported or not (depending on the user's choice) information on these. In this case for each game I entered the region / version of the game and in the Japanese version I include the Japanese name but the user can enter the desired details.

- In the event that the preview of a game is larger than some, for example the game 19xx in this case, we could use a visualization of the frames in Tiles style of Windows, in order to use more effectively the space dispinable (the only problem is to see the proportions between normal / large patterns and the spacing between them).

- The ability to choose whether the images in the detail bar have a colored frame or not, which will make the edges stand out from the background of the detail bar itself.

- The possibility that images in the details bar are displayed in the center of the same with predefined proportions (100%, 50%, etc. ..). If you increase the size of the detail bar, the images will not grow in proportion to this increase.

Thanks!

Edited by Colorman3605
  • Like 1

Okay, got a bug that seriously just cost me some time....
This worked fine before .NEXT version...

When I select multiple titles and make an edit (for example I just added some comics, and I do this in batches to add SERIES, so I will select several of them (shift or CTRL-click as needed) and make the changes (usually to series or genre, or version), say NO to more changes, and then I can click off the batch selection and click another in the series, and make a modification to a few of them or ONE...well not anymore with careless ease...

with LB.next even if I select one file after doing this the first time....no, it wants to do a batch edit of the previous + the one I clicked on, and if I do another multi-select and EDIT, it will seem to work, but without me realizing it and without the previous titles selected it will ADD those changes to the previous multi-selected files as if they were still clicked and chosen! ARGH! 

To work around and I have to click on another platform and back into the comics platform (or whatever) and then it resets it..

Please fix this!  I use genre and series bulk edit a lot. Thank you!

Edited by cleverest

@cleverest I tried to replicate your issue, but could not. I can bulk edit a group of games (either existing or after new import) and make a change (series, genre, etc...) then click a different file or group of files and edit as well and it does not affect the prior group of files. At least I think I am understanding your issue and tried my best to replicate it. 

I was adding new playlists so trying to test this worked out since I was using the bulk edit already. 

3 hours ago, cleverest said:

Okay, got a bug that seriously just cost me some time....
This worked fine before .NEXT version...

When I select multiple titles and make an edit (for example I just added some comics, and I do this in batches to add SERIES, so I will select several of them (shift or CTRL-click as needed) and make the changes (usually to series or genre, or version), say NO to more changes, and then I can click off the batch selection and click another in the series, and make a modification to a few of them or ONE...well not anymore with careless ease...

with LB.next even if I select one file after doing this the first time....no, it wants to do a batch edit of the previous + the one I clicked on, and if I do another multi-select and EDIT, it will seem to work, but without me realizing it and without the previous titles selected it will ADD those changes to the previous multi-selected files as if they were still clicked and chosen! ARGH! 

To work around and I have to click on another platform and back into the comics platform (or whatever) and then it resets it..

Please fix this!  I use genre and series bulk edit a lot. Thank you!

I have also had issues with multi-select and then trying to subsequently making another selection from the same platoform later and it not making the correct 're-selections'. I never put together an exact way to replicate it as it wasn't 100% so I didn't report it yet, but it definitely exists. The workaround is to switch platforms and come back to it for selections to work proper again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Retro808 said:

@cleverest I tried to replicate your issue, but could not. I can bulk edit a group of games (either existing or after new import) and make a change (series, genre, etc...) then click a different file or group of files and edit as well and it does not affect the prior group of files. At least I think I am understanding your issue and tried my best to replicate it. 

I was adding new playlists so trying to test this worked out since I was using the bulk edit already. 

It only happens in LaunchBox next, not the regular LaunchBox