LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

And launchbox.next does not display version along with the title...I  used to hate that it did, but then I started to like it, ( it’s easier to remove it in mass by using edit all, then it is to add different versions to different games/mags/comicsfor mag/comics I put the month/year there) 

I hope that can be added back as an option (per platform )to display version after title or not...

2 minutes ago, cleverest said:

And launchbox.next does not display version along with the title...I  used to hate that it did, but then I started to like it, ( it’s easier to remove it in mass by using edit all, then it is to add different versions to different games/mags/comicsfor mag/comics I put the month/year there) 

I hope that can be added back as an option (per platform )to display version after title or not...

Its still to be implemented but it will be, as others have stated several times everything that is in the standard will be implemented into next, but not everything came be magically done at the same time, so things have to be prioritized. If you click the option to show versions it does pop a coming soon box, so yeah coming soon.

13 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Its still to be implemented but it will be, as others have stated several times everything that is in the standard will be implemented into next, but not everything came be magically done at the same time, so things have to be prioritized. If you click the option to show versions it does pop a coming soon box, so yeah coming soon.

No problem, just pointing it out because it seems like something minor that’s really easy to miss.

36 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Where IS the option to show versions BTW? I can't find that anywhere...

unless mistaken, The ability to simply pull down and add a single game is missing. In the old launch box, you pull down the game menu, then would select "add"..... this is needed badly to be added back...

using add windows games searches your entire hard drive and is not accurate and takes too long to complete.... I appreciate the simplicity of just using the "add" option when I just want to populate a single game quickly...

thanks-

<<< [MR. ARCADE] >>>

3 minutes ago, MazJohn [Mr Arcade] said:

unless mistaken, The ability to simply pull down and add a single game is missing. In the old launch box, you pull down the game menu, then would select "add"..... this is needed badly to be added back...

using add windows games searches your entire hard drive and is not accurate and takes too long to complete.... I appreciate the simplicity of just using the "add" option when I just want to populate a single game quickly...

thanks-

<<< [MR. ARCADE] >>>

You mean this button in the bottom right? It works just fine.16196648_Screenshot(98).thumb.png.432874240c228d78a8b130ee6665d73e.png

Hey @Jason Carr, I just took some time to test Next thoroughly (sorry for taking this long :S) and I am seeing that even though I have LB configured to language English, the Menus (content inside the burger icon) are showing in the OS language (which is different in my case). Just wanted to give you a head's up, although normally users will have their LB language same as their OS one.

• Like 2

Hey @Jason Carr one little thing I have just noticed when running at 4K resolution the "select all" and "select none" buttons when updating metadata and images are not available for the Launchbox database screen, so I have to go through and manually check/uncheck which is a bit tedious. :) 

1499104658_Screenshot(102).thumb.png.203812f73f71272fa0df219cb1eee082.png

However they show just fine on the emumovies screen (although I know they are in different places for each, LB database is at the bottom emumovies at the top) so I guess that is somehow causing the issue.

807934278_Screenshot(103).thumb.png.e92ee5144c3715613819934c63dd8bcf.png

However when I change my desktop resolution to 1080p everything shows just fine.

251869295_Screenshot(104).thumb.png.d0b439fdbbc94736a0b22825049fb7e3.pngJust thought I would point it out as everything else seems to be just fine and correct while running at 4K resolution.

• Like 3

Hello all, the performance issues have all been addressed in the latest beta. If you were having performance issues, please download the beta and let me know if you're still seeing any issues. There have been some major improvements in betas 1 and 2, and I think we should be all set in that area.

Now that I'm moving on from performance, I've gone through this thread and compiled a list of everything left to tackle. Keep in mind that this does not include anything that is not in regular LaunchBox; if you have a feature request in this thread that is not in regular LaunchBox, that feature request will need to go elsewhere as this thread is strictly for missing features in LaunchBox.Next.

After going through the thread, this is what I still have left on my plate:

• Show version
  • Custom spacing options (with # of text lines too)
  • Controller support
  • Music playback
  • List view resorting on edit and repop
  • Sidebar resizing randomly
  • Box customization options (colors, placement, visibility, etc.)
  • Randomize color theme on startup
  • Playlist sorting not working
  • Mouse cursor popup options
  • Jump to new game after game is added
  • Adding to playlist requiring a restart?
  • Occasional multi-select issues (games are not unselected on rare occasions)
  • Defaulting to system language in some cases/places?
  • Fix default background settings (fixed for beta 3, to be out later today)
  • Reset to default background when changing to a new platform/filter (fixed for beta 3, to be out later today)
  • Clear logo backgrounds (added for beta 3, to be out later today)
  • Fix exiting issues (fixed for beta 3, to be out later today)

Thanks all for all the great feedback; I'll keep pumping on these items and hopefully we can knock many of them out this week. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the new beta. Clear logo backgrounds do seem to work now, however the logos here seem to show very small, vs at normal size. See the attached pic.

Edit: I just discovered some platforms show tiny clear logos, and some do not. I have yet to identify any rhyme or reason to it.

Clipboard02.jpg

Edited by dragon57
Added more info.

15 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Thanks for the new beta. Clear logo backgrounds do seem to work now, however the logos here seem to show very small, vs at normal size. See the attached pic.

Edit: I just discovered some platforms show tiny clear logos, and some do not. I have yet to identify any rhyme or reason to it.

Clipboard02.jpg

Hmm, I'm guessing it's the format/DPI of the images, ugh. Not sure if that's gonna be an easy thing to fix or not.

51 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hmm, I'm guessing it's the format/DPI of the images, ugh. Not sure if that's gonna be an easy thing to fix or not.

All the images are the same format (png), the same size (452x226) and created by the same app. If you want any of them for testing, let me know. There are no issues with the normal/old Launchbox.

Edited by dragon57