LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

I've attached images of the issue if that helps things. As you can see from normal LaunchBox I've sorted all my LEGO games so Batman/Marvel/Star Wars are together plus everything else. In .Next they're all over the place despite the settings themselves being retained. 

LaunchBox Next.png

LaunchBox.png

Playlist Settings.png

15 minutes ago, OzzieMonkey said:

It's sorted by Manual and in the settings they're all in the right order but they don't appear that way in LaunchBox.Next. I'm using Boxes View

I see. It's apparently the Manual sort that's not working properly, though everything else is. Thanks for the details. :)

Not sure if this has been reported before, but I think I've found a memory issue. By just randomly selecting games in a playlist view (mine was populated by only 15 items) I ran out off free memory rapidly. And starting a game doesn't seem to free it up, only quiting the application.  (Launchbox Next 8.4-beta 5 / Windows 7)

launchbox_next_mem_issue.jpg

Edited by shadowfire

On 6/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, shadowfire said:

Not sure if this has been reported before, but I think I've found a memory issue. By just randomly selecting games in a playlist view (mine was populated by only 15 items) I ran out off free memory rapidly. And starting a game doesn't seem to free it up, only quiting the application.  (Launchbox Next 8.4-beta 5 / Windows 7)

launchbox_next_mem_issue.jpg

I've been monitoring RAM usage carefully and haven't been able to replicate this at all, but I haven't done much testing on Windows 7. I'll have to go back to that once we near the end of .Next development here soon.

Just put out another beta folks:

Fixed a bunch of stuff and added music playback and a volume control.

Down to five items left:

• Custom spacing options (with # of text lines too)
  • Controller support
  • Box customization options (colors, placement, visibility, etc.)
  • Mouse cursor popup options
  • Game details translations wrong language in some cases/places