LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Jason Carr

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@RULLUR Neil reported in another thread that that error was happening when going to Tools > Options. Is that what you were doing as well when you got that error?

I was just importing a Windows game and it got that way. I think it got worse the more I imported too. This was before the new Beta was available though. I plan to try the new Beta later today though.

On 6/30/2018 at 4:46 AM, Solo187 said:

launchbox.next no longer allows playing of .sid files for music. I could reallly do with this feature back as i spent weeks adding the sid music to the individual games!

Hi @Solo187, I just got around to looking into the .sid music thing, but it seems to be working fine for me. Can you explain in more detail what issue you're seeing?

56 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @Solo187, I just got around to looking into the .sid music thing, but it seems to be working fine for me. Can you explain in more detail what issue you're seeing?

Hi, When a .sid file was selected as music in Launchbox it would play when you either clicked on the game in the library or selected play music, But in Next it does nothing. Same for .nsf .mod & .spc

2 minutes ago, Solo187 said:

Hi, When a .sid file was selected as music in Launchbox it would play when you either clicked on the game in the library or selected play music, But in Next it does nothing. Same for .nsf .mod & .spc

I've confirmed that .sid files are playing just fine in .Next. Even before my latest changes, they were playing. Can you look into it to ensure that the game is showing a .sid file in the Music path field in the Edit dialog?

11 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

quick question what is playing the music a built in tool or just wmp or VLC?

VLC plays the music in LaunchBox, .Next, and Big Box.

13 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I've confirmed that .sid files are playing just fine in .Next. Even before my latest changes, they were playing. Can you look into it to ensure that the game is showing a .sid file in the Music path field in the Edit dialog?

Yes its all set up as it is in launchbox. Strange

2 minutes ago, voicesinthedark said:

seriously thou maybe some type of indication that the knob's volume is on 0/mute ?

Well if the bottom bar was showing it's pretty easy to tell if it's turned all the way down. Looks just like any normal volume knob with the volume all the way down.1097304921_2018-07-1320_38_38-LaunchBox.NextMissingFeaturesThread-Page9-Features-LaunchBoxCommunity.png.714c995aaabd4e620e2ddc5ab44db3cc.png

6 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Well if the bottom bar was showing it's pretty easy to tell if it's turned all the way down. Looks just like any normal volume knob with the volume all the way down.1097304921_2018-07-1320_38_38-LaunchBox.NextMissingFeaturesThread-Page9-Features-LaunchBoxCommunity.png.714c995aaabd4e620e2ddc5ab44db3cc.png

Well now don't I just feel stupid. lol The only media I have downloaded is the box art for all of my games so I've never messed around with any of the videos and music so I've never actually messed with the volume knob or anything and never even knew it was anything more than a static graphic. lol