Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

LaunchBox.Next Missing Features Thread

Recommended Posts

On 8/5/2018 at 12:14 PM, Lisolet said:

May I ask if it will at some point be possible to alphabetize favorites in Launchbox.next while in List View?

It does list all of the favorites at the top though they are sorted in a strange order.

This only appears to happen in List View.

I hope this can be fixed as Launchbox.next runs so much better for me.

Thank you!

Thanks for pointing this out. Added it to my list. :)

@jabrick I can confirm that the issue is not having write permissions to the LaunchBox folder without administrative access. You'll need to enable write permissions on the LaunchBox folder, and let it propagate to all subfolders and files as well. The process will be similar to this:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/take-ownership-folder-windows-10-using-file-explorer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Carr is it possible to either set a dead zone for controller analog sticks or disable the sticks in LB.Next completely? My mouse cursor drifts as soon as I turn on my controller while in LB.Next.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omen said:

@Jason Carr is it possible to either set a dead zone for controller analog sticks or disable the sticks in LB.Next completely? My mouse cursor drifts as soon as I turn on my controller while in LB.Next.

Sure, I can add that here at some point. You should be able to disable controllers in .Next in the mean time (which is isolated from the Big Box option). What controller are you using?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wander, the hover option, mouse hover on a game and the details info with screen shots. But I lost this option. Is it possible to see game details by hovering mouse cursor on a game?
For better view I hid the left panel, if moreover, I hid the right panel as well, I can see the game details hovering the mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Sure, I can add that here at some point. You should be able to disable controllers in .Next in the mean time (which is isolated from the Big Box option). What controller are you using?

That would be perfect, I mainly use the controller for BigBox, so disabling in LB will work great! Thanks Jason, I knew you'd have the answer. 😃 👍 

Edit: I forgot to add, I'm using an Xbox 360 controller.

Edited by Omen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a small bug with custom spacing, where the bar overlay does not stretch itself to the edges of the selection box.

image.png.2ec57c6f66ae8e2e9059981790dc3caa.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 7:30 PM, Omen said:

@Jason Carr is it possible to either set a dead zone for controller analog sticks or disable the sticks in LB.Next completely? My mouse cursor drifts as soon as I turn on my controller while in LB.Next.

I'm having the same problem using an X360 controller as well, mainly it drifts on the x+ axis.  But I really like using the controller on LaunchBox.Next

Another thing I've noticed is that the music won't automatically stop when you click the game video on LB.Next. What I've been doing is muting the music so it won't overlap the video's audio.

Edited by KorbarnDK
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KorbarnDK said:

I'm having the same problem using an X360 controller as well, mainly it drifts on the x+ axis.  But I really like using the controller on LaunchBox.Next

Not sure if this will help it or not but you could always try running joy.cpl and recalibrating your controller and see if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, KorbarnDK said:

I'm having the same problem using an X360 controller as well, mainly it drifts on the x+ axis.  But I really like using the controller on LaunchBox.Next

Another thing I've noticed is that the music won't automatically stop when you click the game video on LB.Next. What I've been doing is muting the music so it won't overlap the video's audio.

I've increased the default dead zone in order to better combat this for 360 controllers with loose sticks. In the future, we'll probably add custom dead zone options, but for now, this should do it. It's now set to the same dead zone that OG LaunchBox had. These changes will be in the next beta (8.4-beta-18), out later today or tomorrow.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beta 18 is out now, and it's the first release candidate for the next official release (finally). All known bugs and crashes are hoped to be fixed in this release:

Please let me know if anyone is experiencing bugs or crashes in beta 18. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Please let me know if anyone is experiencing bugs or crashes in beta 18. :)

Well, I experience the bug which I reported here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4423/merging-consolidating-games-does-not-work
Though, I don't think it's Launchbox.next or 8,4 specific issue (though I think this issue only started appearing around 8.2 or 8.3 but I might be wrong, could've also been 8.4 or earlier than 8.2). So, nothing high-priority as far as .next goes ;)

Edited by Landcross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also had that issue with my Analog sticks in the past..but seemed to go beyond LaunchBox. I think what happens with mine is if you accidentally press R2/Right Trigger or any Trigger or even nudge an Analog while turning on your controller with the Home/Guide button it tends to drag and ghost about. It was seen in the Controller Settings of Windows 10 and I noticed it at times when I played Quake 3: Arena for Windows PC after I set the Commands to it via Joy-to-Key. I use the PS3/PC Wireless Afterglow Controller which reads very much the same as any XBOX Controller type without any extra setup required

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Landcross said:

Well, I experience the bug which I reported here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4423/merging-consolidating-games-does-not-work
Though, I don't think it's Launchbox.next or 8,4 specific issue (though I think this issue only started appearing around 8.2 or 8.3 but I might be wrong, could've also been 8.4 or earlier than 8.2). So, nothing high-priority as far as .next goes ;)

Yes, I will look into this soon hopefully; it's on my shortlist, but yes, it's unrelated to .Next.

6 hours ago, faydesmee said:

One thing that I still miss is the ability to turn on custom fields in the list view.

I don't believe this is in OG LaunchBox either, yet; let me know if I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

I have also had that issue with my Analog sticks in the past..but seemed to go beyond LaunchBox. I think what happens with mine is if you accidentally press R2/Right Trigger or any Trigger or even nudge an Analog while turning on your controller with the Home/Guide button it tends to drag and ghost about. It was seen in the Controller Settings of Windows 10 and I noticed it at times when I played Quake 3: Arena for Windows PC after I set the Commands to it via Joy-to-Key. I use the PS3/PC Wireless Afterglow Controller which reads very much the same as any XBOX Controller type without any extra setup required

I did address the issue with LaunchBox.Next by increasing the horizontal deadzone, which was set to a smaller value in .Next than it was in OG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It would be great if we could group titles alphabetically. Something like this:
 

A

Aero Fighters
After Burner
Aliens
...

B

Battletoads
Black Tiger
...


C

Centipede
Choplifter
...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only one complaint about this Launchbox.Next... what about the side bar?

Previously, in the normal Launchbox, my platform´s list are showed with minimum spaces between one and each other, and now, I have a scroll bar because they have too much spaces (Image attached)

I don´t want to have that scroll bar in order to have all my platforms at the same time, just like normal launchbox shows. There´s some way to improve this? All new interface looks ok, but this one thing is frustrating.

Thanks in advance!

Comparison.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be really nice to have an option to  convert play lists to platforms, so you could further reorganize a mame collection or re structure it to lets say just Cave and CP Systems or Konami only setups if wanted without manually setting up a separate platform and trying to figure out what rom(s) needs to go where.

Edited by Beakerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Beakerman said:

It would be really nice to have an option to  convert play lists to platforms, so you could further reorganize a mame collection or re structure it to lets say just Cave and CP Systems or Konami only setups if wanted without manually setting up a separate platform and trying to figure out what rom(s) needs to go where.

You can already add playlists to the platform list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You can already add playlists to the platform list.

I'm talking about converting playlists into platforms. i.e. move/copy all CAVE items in the playlist to the new CAVE platform without going into the HDD folders an moving/creating them manually, but have LB do it... restructure.

Edited by Beakerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick reminder that this thread is not for general feature requests; it's only for pointing out features that are missing from LaunchBox.Next, but are included in the original LaunchBox interface.

@LuismaSP89 LaunchBox.Next will support custom themes very soon, which will allow changing that fairly easily. We may also add custom spacing settings for the sidebar in the default theme at some point as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...