LaunchBox Community Forums
birdneck

Game manual viewing

Is this feature in for clicking on a game and in the drop down list you may open up the game's booklet?  If not, I suggest this gets added in to complete the beautiful to-be-released Launch Box, as I'm seeing it here.

• Like 1

Dear Lordmonkus:

Can you please show some more pics regarding the game manuals?  I'm not understanding that screenshot.  Also, what format does Launchbox support these manuals in?  PDF?  So in other words, we can have manuals for all the games we have?  More pics and info,  please!

7 minutes ago, birdneck said:

Can you please show some more pics regarding the game manuals?  I'm not understanding that screenshot.

I don't know what else to show you. The first pic is BigBox and the View Manual option is there when you press A on your controller. The 2nd picture is from Launchbox when you right click a game.

PDF is a supported format, not sure what others are. Manuals get places in your \LaunchBox\Manuals\"Platform Name" folder and named the same as your game name in Launchbox, like how other media files are.

Ooh, you need BigBox to view game manuals.  😔  I see....  I wish they just combined BigBox with LaunchBox as one big program instead of two separate things. 

Thanks for the help.  I'm going to go now.

25 minutes ago, birdneck said:

Ooh, you need BigBox to view game manuals.

No, the 2nd screenshot I showed is from Launchbox. I simply showed you the 2 places to view manuals, for Launchbox and BigBox mode.

25 minutes ago, birdneck said:

I wish they just combined BigBox with LaunchBox as one big program instead of two separate things.

Launchbox is the desktop mode which is free for everyone and also the "management" mode where you set everything up. It just happens to be able to be used as a launcher as well. BigBox is the controller based UI which you can use from your couch or in an arcade cabinet, this is the mode that you pay for because this is how Jason makes money to work on this full time.

I have a similar but different question on this topic. Is there an option to view the game manual from a pause screen or some way to view the manual or guide without quitting or exiting the game?

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 7:38 PM, Nicodemus said:

I have a similar but different question on this topic. Is there an option to view the game manual from a pause screen or some way to view the manual or guide without quitting or exiting the game?

yes with the last update is posible!!! 

Where do you guys find old PC game manuals?  Emu has you covered for consoles

links are fine as long as the site doesn't host any copyrighted files.