LaunchBox Community Forums

8.4-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Ok so far so good no refresh bug in my complete rebuild, so far 56 systems in and all is good. But

had 2 issues today, one with the Beta 20 and Beta 21, And one soft lock.

Editing a system, say to add a video then closing the edit window, the system menu on the left would auto scroll back to the top every edit, not sure if this is intended.

After adding a system, i was at the top of a list of games and when i changed view it would automatically put me at the bottom of the game list, now i'm not sure what caused this, but every time i changed the Image view it would put me straight at the bottom of the games list. I had this happen twice, but im not sure how or why it did that. I've tried to reproduce it but no luck.

The soft lock was caused by me, but i know how i did it, as i run multi-screen, i loaded up LB and as soon as the window popped i tried to move it instantly before it had fully loaded, this basically killed LB and wouldn't allow me to do anything, and i had to end task.

But loving the speed improvements, really nice a fluid now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Nice! Congrats and thanks for the update. If you do end up figuring out which one (or combination) it was, let us know. :)

Ogg Vorbis was the devil here! Verified multiple times now, .ogg files cause the little VLC window to popup. It happens randomly during playback (not between tracks).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Heard from @kmoney that on rare occasions, auto-played videos in .Next were still playing while games were running. Beta 21 is out with some added brute force methods to make sure that video playback is paused. Let me know if anyone still experiences this issue, as I'd like to make sure it's fixed before the official release, planned for Monday or Tuesday.

Will be testing away later today and will let you know any findings.?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MadK9 said:

Ok so far so good no refresh bug in my complete rebuild, so far 56 systems in and all is good. But

had 2 issues today, one with the Beta 20 and Beta 21, And one soft lock.

Editing a system, say to add a video then closing the edit window, the system menu on the left would auto scroll back to the top every edit, not sure if this is intended.

After adding a system, i was at the top of a list of games and when i changed view it would automatically put me at the bottom of the game list, now i'm not sure what caused this, but every time i changed the Image view it would put me straight at the bottom of the games list. I had this happen twice, but im not sure how or why it did that. I've tried to reproduce it but no luck.

The soft lock was caused by me, but i know how i did it, as i run multi-screen, i loaded up LB and as soon as the window popped i tried to move it instantly before it had fully loaded, this basically killed LB and wouldn't allow me to do anything, and i had to end task.

But loving the speed improvements, really nice a fluid now.

Thanks for the details, @MadK9. I think we'll go ahead with the release though, since those don't seem to be deal breakers, at least. I can look at those issues here soon though.

5 hours ago, Pacman56 said:

Just noticed that the latest beta is distributing 7zip version 16.04 which was released 2016-10-04.

Perhaps the latest version of 7zip 18.05 (2018-04-30) could be bundled in an upcoming release?

Yes, we can update 7-zip at some point here. I don't want to do it before the next release though, just because it's too late before the release.

4 hours ago, matchaman said:

Ogg Vorbis was the devil here! Verified multiple times now, .ogg files cause the little VLC window to popup. It happens randomly during playback (not between tracks).

Wow, pretty crazy. So apparently VLC just has some bugs with Ogg Vorbis. Good to know.

4 hours ago, kmoney said:

Will be testing away later today and will let you know any findings.?

Thank you much @kmoney.

29 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, we can update 7-zip at some point here. I don't want to do it before the next release though, just because it's too late before the release

I totally agree with you and would do the same. It should wait after next week's official release.

Thank you for considering it for 8.5 or later. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, faydesmee said:

I don't know. Adding games doesn't work? I add a game. I restart LB, the game is gone. I add a game, then add it to a playlist, the game disappears from LB completely.

I'm lost on this, but I'm guessing the games are just being filtered out somehow, or are not where you expect. Will need specific details in order to help further.

44 minutes ago, dbalcar said:

Can we also look at updating VLC to 3.03.  it might fix some of those video bugs in ogg files.

Thanks

Yup, we will look into that soon, though not before the next official release. :)