LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Redux

• 1 month later...

Jason, I don't know if it's an issue, or can be remedied.. the pointers don't seem to be working except on the lowest level  They show up on the bottom nested level, but not anything higher.  I could swear this worked before, but maybe it was a different theme? 

I have included pics.   

Ignore the black backgrounds, the wheel faded out too quickly :)

Platform Category

01 Platform Category.png

Platform Wheel

02 Platform.png

Platform Playlist

03 Platform Playlist.png

Gamelist Wheel -  Pointer shows up. 

04 - Game List.png

Edited by denmiclaw

9 minutes ago, dbalcar said:

I updated to 1.3 of this great theme but I still do not see the spinning disks games?   is there a setting to turn those on?  I have checked and the disk images are there just not showing up.  Thanks for the help!

You likely need to switch the view on those platforms. Not all views support the spinning discs.

12 hours ago, denmiclaw said:

Jason, I don't know if it's an issue, or can be remedied.. the pointers don't seem to be working except on the lowest level  They show up on the bottom nested level, but not anything higher.  I could swear this worked before, but maybe it was a different theme? 

I have included pics.   

Ignore the black backgrounds, the wheel faded out too quickly :)

Platform Category

01 Platform Category.png

Platform Wheel

02 Platform.png

Platform Playlist

03 Platform Playlist.png

Gamelist Wheel -  Pointer shows up. 

04 - Game List.png

The pointers do appear to be working fine for me in the actual games lists, but yes it's always the Big Box logo while you're navigating platforms, playlists, and categories. This is because the theme was designed before we had all the nested levels and the pointer is just always set to that Big Box one until you get to the games lists. I'll take a look but it might not be easy to resolve and I wouldn't consider it a major issue.

3 hours ago, dbalcar said:

I have looked at the PS2 and GC which I have disk media for but I have tried different views but still not dice... ?

I can confirm that the spinning discs do work just fine with 9.0 and version 1.3 of this theme. Make sure you've tried all the views; there are more than you think because the views are similar. Also make sure you can get discs to show up in other themes. Do the discs show up at all for you? If not, they're probably either missing or not configured for your collection.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

The pointers do appear to be working fine for me in the actual games lists, but yes it's always the Big Box logo while you're navigating platforms, playlists, and categories. This is because the theme was designed before we had all the nested levels and the pointer is just always set to that Big Box one until you get to the games lists. I'll take a look but it might not be easy to resolve and I wouldn't consider it a major issue.

Understood, if it can't be, it can't be.  Thanks for your time with this :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbalcar said:

I have checked and I see the disk media in the PS2 and GC images.  I don't see any disks for any platform.   I went through all of the view. i.e vertical 1-4 and so on. but no cigar.

Can you get discs to show up in any other themes? I suppose it's possible that there's some kind of weird configuration issue with your machine, but I would have expected it to come up before now. What's your screen resolution?

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Vert Wheel 2 should show disc image and Vert Wheel 3 should show spinning disc image. 

I would check the Cart Front Image priorities showing in LaunchBox and make sure disc image is an option ticked. 

Yes, it's probably the cart front image priority settings. Don't know why I missed that. Thanks @Retro808.

6 hours ago, denmiclaw said:

Understood, if it can't be, it can't be.  Thanks for your time with this :) 

Just uploaded a new version with the following:

• Pointer images will now change when entering into nested platforms and categories
  • Year and manufacturer text will no longer show up on platform views when those values don't exist
  • Publisher listed in the game details has been changed to developer, which is more important information to display
  • Developer, genre, and play mode text will no longer show up on game views when those values don't exist
  • Ratings displayed in the game views now show your personal rating instead of the community rating, if you've previously rated the game

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure whats the problem but my Mame playlists that i had before are not changing to the correct theme, for example if i go into my Midway Classics playlist, it reverts back to the Mame theme background, same issue with all the other mame playlists, it's working fine in Unified Redux 1.2 but not ver 1.4, each playlist had it's own background.

Platform View

Platform.thumb.jpg.aa5e7016adbed8e163d79cfffddd39bf.jpg

Game List View

1755210767_Gamelist.thumb.jpg.fb92626e2097b4cf7a4051de2c4d3c7f.jpg