LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Redux

1 minute ago, MoonKnightFTW said:

sadly, I am not getting how I fix this?........ Do I download 1.6 again and extract the folder to my theme folder and then rename it to simply say Unified Redux and then select that as my theme in big box?

You dont need to re-download it, it just looks like you didnt unzip it correctly so it has underscores and version number on it which shouldnt be there. The theme folder should look like this.

image.thumb.png.0699086ee9339c656a7674cbf84ba3b5.pngand it should have these files directly inside it on opening.

image.thumb.png.157cf6ae34d3a006edfa17f36a2c0600.png

On 12/8/2018 at 3:25 AM, vaderag said:

Thanks for the XML locations, I'll take a look

If I'm in a system and load the theme change, menu comes up fine, but I'd say only 1/8 times it actually successfully changes the theme...

On the first occasion, sometimes the second it doesn't crash, but usually after X attempts I get a freeze which requires an exit to get anywhere

This is the first time I'm hearing of issues like this on changing themes. What themes are you switching between? What version of Windows are you running? What are your hardware specs?

1 hour ago, MoonKnightFTW said:

does anyone know if there is a platform theme for PS2? It seemed to be the only one that doesnt have the beautiful themes the rest do. When you wheel to PS2, it is just defaulting to play a random full screen video. Nothing else. Once I click in and am on game list, its beautiful . 

You should be able to download it from within LaunchBox. A Unified platform theme video shows up in the list.

image.thumb.png.256bd6f457001d56619bc32d63be2d18.png

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

This is the first time I'm hearing of issues like this on changing themes. What themes are you switching between? What version of Windows are you running? What are your hardware specs?

Windows 10, standard home latest update

Transparent, unified, standard, couple of others I tried too that I forget

Q6600 processor reasonable Nvidia graphics card, 4gb ram.

I can run dolphin no probs so spec shouldn't be issue I don't think

Hth

10 hours ago, vaderag said:

Windows 10, standard home latest update

Transparent, unified, standard, couple of others I tried too that I forget

Q6600 processor reasonable Nvidia graphics card, 4gb ram.

I can run dolphin no probs so spec shouldn't be issue I don't think

Hth

System RAM could be an issue, or it could be a bunch of other things. @neil9000 did just bring to my attention that sometimes there's an issue switching themes immediately after a platform is loaded; I was unaware of that, so I'll look into it. Crashes are odd though; that makes me think it could be running out of RAM or something of that nature, which makes sense since it has to quickly load and unload a bunch of resources. That's just a guess at this point though.

1 hour ago, Alulabxxx said:

Why don't u do a 4:3 version of it'???? It's grat but not for a 4:3 bartop =(

The vast majority of the videos available are 16:9, so unfortunately this theme wouldn't really be a good fit for 4:3. There are other themes that would, though, and some that do work well for 4:3.

On 12/11/2018 at 12:45 AM, Jason Carr said:

The vast majority of the videos available are 16:9, so unfortunately this theme wouldn't really be a good fit for 4:3. There are other themes that would, though, and some that do work well for 4:3.

But a lot of bartop have a 4:3 screen and all 4:3 theme are terrible =(

1 hour ago, Alulabxxx said:

But a lot of bartop have a 4:3 screen and all 4:3 theme are terrible =(

I'm sorry you're not happy with them. Either way, Unified wouldn't work well for 4:3. Both the Default theme and the included version of CriticalZone v2 should work great in most of the views.

Thanks @Jason Carr for the awesome Unified Redux theme. 

I do have a question (running LB/BB 9.1 and Unified Redux 1.6) regarding the Genres and Playmodes Background.  When I go into the Genre or Playmode submenus, I don't see the 2-player, 4-player, action & adventure, etc... backgrounds, just the default screen for arcade or consoles.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, xman said:

Thanks @Jason Carr for the awesome Unified Redux theme. 

I do have a question (running LB/BB 9.1 and Unified Redux 1.6) regarding the Genres and Playmodes Background.  When I go into the Genre or Playmode submenus, I don't see the 2-player, 4-player, action & adventure, etc... backgrounds, just the default screen for arcade or consoles.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks again.

Custom backgrounds have not yet been built for all of the genres and play modes available for the consoles, so currently it just uses the console background.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Custom backgrounds have not yet been built for all of the genres and play modes available for the consoles, so currently it just uses the console background.

Custom backgrounds for what? When you are scrolling through the consoles or games? Ive created custom backgrounds for when I scroll thru games. I just renamed the image to the console name and resized it and it worked fine for me.