LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Redux

55 minutes ago, Bobsaidwzob said:

Custom backgrounds for what? When you are scrolling through the consoles or games? Ive created custom backgrounds for when I scroll thru games. I just renamed the image to the console name and resized it and it worked fine for me. 

Custom backgrounds for the genre and play modes the prior member asked about (2-player, 4-player, etc...). Since implementing those playlist types in Launchbox Jason has not added new custom backgrounds for them to this theme's downloaded content. The user can of course create their own.  

7 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Custom backgrounds for the genre and play modes the prior member asked about (2-player, 4-player, etc...). Since implementing those playlist types in Launchbox Jason has not added new custom backgrounds for them to this theme's downloaded content. The user can of course create their own.  

Gotcha. That makes sense.

I'm trying to populate wheel images / fan art for some of the playlists I have that dont have them - see Top Mame Games below...

image.thumb.png.4338eef20416ba62b8681695c9669be5.png

Now I have created a wheel image, placed it in the requisite folder:

image.thumb.png.8bfc78b3f3dbb9501c37555bc9e17ac4.pngLaunchbox recognises it when I edit the playlist and shows it there, but BigBox (this theme particularly) does not...

How do I make this work?!

Thanks!

image.png

2 minutes ago, vaderag said:

I'm trying to populate wheel images / fan art for some of the playlists I have that dont have them - see Top Mame Games below...

image.thumb.png.4338eef20416ba62b8681695c9669be5.png

Now I have created a wheel image, placed it in the requisite folder:

image.thumb.png.8bfc78b3f3dbb9501c37555bc9e17ac4.pngLaunchbox recognises it when I edit the playlist and shows it there, but BigBox (this theme particularly) does not...

How do I make this work?!

Thanks!

image.png

Go to options/image cache and refresh platform logos.

Sorry, new question...

I have a top level playlist Most Played  (and another one Recently Played)

Neither of them show any video in the background - I have the option set to play random videos but doesnt seem to work here (and a couple of other places (Developer playlists for example) - is there any way I can force this in these places? Or failing that add a manual video?

EDIT: To add to this, another question - is it possible to stretch the frame to 16:10?

EDIT2: And another question - is it possible to set it to play random videos from WITHIN the playlist? I thought initially this was what was happening but seems to have just been coincidence

Edited by vaderag

7 hours ago, vaderag said:

Neither of them show any video in the background - I have the option set to play random videos but doesnt seem to work here (and a couple of other places (Developer playlists for example) - is there any way I can force this in these places? Or failing that add a manual video?

Playlists do not currently support random videos, unfortunately, mainly for performance reasons. I may come back to this at some point, but it's not currently a priority.

7 hours ago, vaderag said:

EDIT: To add to this, another question - is it possible to stretch the frame to 16:10?

If you want a theme to fill the screen on a 16:10 monitor, and it isn't filling it, you can tweak the ThemeSettings.xml file. Just change the Force16X9AspectRatio setting (or similar) to false with a text editor.

11 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Playlists do not currently support random videos, unfortunately, mainly for performance reasons. I may come back to this at some point, but it's not currently a priority.

If you want a theme to fill the screen on a 16:10 monitor, and it isn't filling it, you can tweak the ThemeSettings.xml file. Just change the Force16X9AspectRatio setting (or similar) to false with a text editor.

16:10 works great after removing that setting - thanks!

Shame about playlists not supporting random videos... I'd definitely +1 for this in future... is there any way I can set a background image, or even pick a video? At the moment I end up on a black screen when returning to some menu items and without a wheel it 'feels' like it's broken to new users

6 hours ago, vaderag said:

16:10 works great after removing that setting - thanks!

Shame about playlists not supporting random videos... I'd definitely +1 for this in future... is there any way I can set a background image, or even pick a video? At the moment I end up on a black screen when returning to some menu items and without a wheel it 'feels' like it's broken to new users

Yes, you can put a background image in that matches the title of the playlist under LaunchBox\Themes\Unified Redux\Images\Playlists\Device. You can always attach a video in LaunchBox too, of course.

is conitional formatting possible for themes ? It's kind of like what hyperspin does for it's themes. it displays the default theme, but if there is a theme for a rom it will display that instead of the default. 

say if there is a video available in the video\[platform]\themes folder it will overlay the video on top of the theme instead of the defined (default) video border. does that make sense ? 

10 hours ago, Klopjero said:

is conitional formatting possible for themes ? It's kind of like what hyperspin does for it's themes. it displays the default theme, but if there is a theme for a rom it will display that instead of the default. 

say if there is a video available in the video\[platform]\themes folder it will overlay the video on top of the theme instead of the defined (default) video border. does that make sense ? 

Yes, the themes allow for some very advanced logic in this regard. Unified Redux does something similar already with playlists and parent platforms, but doesn't take it to a game level. But it is certainly possible, and if you use plugins, then the possibilities are pretty much endless.

6 hours ago, FlightRisk said:

I'm a little thick, why is there a 649 MB file at the top of the download list and then all the rest are 282? To get the latest version, do I download just the latest release number (1.6 right now) or do I need the un-numbered larger zip and then install the 1.6 on top of it?

The image format was changed and the images compressed in size from the initial release, just get the latest version.

• Like 1

I love this theme. I would like to modify the wheel platform. I currently use the videos of platforms that Vikings created. How can I change the side of the wheels on platforms? I would like them to be on the left side (I modified the xaml file in curveamount and others, but I cant do it). Thanks in advance

Edited by nnescorpionn

My disks won't spin and they do not have a transparent background, they sit in a white square. I have vertical view 3 selected. I also have the original Unified installed, but don't know if I need an add on. I just added a few Sega Saturn games, then told LB to get the media. Any idea what could going wrong? 

Wheel 3 should be for disc spin. If your BigBox settings has the box checked for "Remember Separate View Per Platform" (or something like that) than  you will need to go into the Saturn platform and try changing the view. The Saturn platform may actually be on a different view. Not sure if that is the exact reason, but it did catch me off guard a couple times.

Edit a game and check the images. You may have 2 discs images (1 on a white background and 1 transparent). Delete the white boarder one. Or you may just have to source a disc image that is transparent. Unfortunately not all images for discs are transparent.

Interesting. It does seem to show that "Wheel 3" is what is set for all the platforms I checked. The images were scraped using LB, so emumovies has the wrong discs? Frustrating since I have never seen this before and everybody's videos show transparent background discs that spin. Still no luck on spinning no matter what I do. I have a pretty old machine running Windows 10. Not sure that has anything to do with it.

Do you have a button or key mapped in BigBox to change views? If so I would suggest cycling through the views see what happens. If not set a key or button and try to cycle the views. It really should not take anything special as the code of the theme is what does the work. 

As far as the transparent disc goes I have seen both Launchbox DB and Emumovies have non-transparent disc images. The DB record for Ecco on Sega CD has white background images.