LaunchBox Community Forums

Futurestate Neon Deluxe (Coming soon)

Coming soon: Futurestate Neon Deluxe, a theme build on the Futurestate theme framework from @Hexxxer (screenshots may not reflect the end product like Samantha Fox Strip Poker for Commodore 64)

You can zoom in closely on 1080p screens as the screenshots are in 4K. 

@Dan As promised I would tag you :)

892700803_FUTURESTATENEONDELUXElogo.thumb.png.163a63cfa6df4c2fbb15f3a29744e28d.png

teaser1.thumb.jpg.42f592583d59d789cb6abb8a9f2759ed.jpgteaser2.thumb.jpg.541cd34ab00ba219dd8d24ff7a1c82d0.jpgteaser3.thumb.jpg.4521e2bea3bc930b59a8a737c756b3b9.jpg

Edited by Mr. RetroLust
  • Like 3

Looking great, and thanks for the tag! A suggestion - make all the arcade machines face the same way. In the first screenshot, 3 are facing to the right (which looks correct) but one is facing to the left (which doesn't look so good and also breaks the consistency). Flipping/mirroring an image is relatively quick and easy.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Looking great, and thanks for the tag! A suggestion - make all the arcade machines face the same way. In the first screenshot, 3 are facing to the right (which looks correct) but one is facing to the left (which doesn't look so good and also breaks the consistency). Flipping/mirroring an image is relatively quick and easy.

Yeah, i've even searched for flipped cabinets in high res but can't find them all in high res facing to the right. Simply mirroring images doesn't work well as the text on the art and marquees are mirrored as well. Therefor I made two different views where one has a outlined cabinet to the right. After a while you'll get used to it though as most cabinet images are still low res with a black background, a lot of work to do for the community lol I'll be working on finding and cutting out high res cabs after I finished my other projects but it'll be a slow proces that can take years perhaps so I hope others will join in, by using image priorities you can switch bad cab images with box backs or flyer backs or whatever other image that you'd like in that placeholder, it'll make sense when you'll be able to test it for yourself, I hope to be finished with the theme within a month, hopefully sooner.

What size is your LG marquee monitor? There are black bars at the top and bottom of the image - is there a way to have it fill the whole screen, or would that stretch it to the wrong proportions? Is there a screen that is already the right proportions? 

Edited by Dan

8 hours ago, Dan said:

What size is your LG marquee monitor? There are black bars at the top and bottom of the image - is there a way to have it fill the whole screen, or would that stretch it to the wrong proportions? Is there a screen that is already the right proportions? 

The LG25UM58-p is 25 inch.  Since Marquees all have different aspect ratio's/dimensions you will never find a monitor that displays them all full size, in my opinion this is a much better solution then those 600 dollar lcd bars which have a lot of length but not so much height, to me this is the perfect middle ground. You have a few choices to reconsider:

1. What you can do is change the codes to stretch the marquee images within the marquee .xaml file(s) the way you like, be it stretch horizontal and vertical with the side effect of messing up the original aspect ratio.

2. Cropping the images in the xaml files to get full screen, side effect: missing parts of the sides. 

3. Get used to it, turning of the lights help every black parts of a screen melt with the dark. The black level is very good on this monitor, you'll notice soon enough. I choose this option as I like the right aspect ratio and never have minded black bars, same discussion with watching movies, some like aspect ratio some don't care as long as it fills their screen. 

4 (Optional). Customize all marquees to 21:9 aspect ratio (I have made a lot of Neo Geo marquees for this aspect ratio.

5. Paint it black (your walls)

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

That made me laugh, especially number 5!

Yes, I don't really want to change the marquee image's aspect ratio, nor crop the artwork. I could get used to it, turn out the lights or paint the walls - but ideally I would find a monitor that has the correct dimensions for showing marquees! I realise that they are all different but there must be a size which is most common.

• Like 1

I know it might be inconsistent to have arcade cabs facing different ways sometimes, but given the lack of full cabinet photographs, i'd be more than happy to deal with different facing artwork.  I've always thought that themes should have the arcade cab there to show what it really looked like. 

• Like 1

I've added a view with the cab/back/flyer to the right as well, looks better, more soon :)

@Dan Lol i'm glad you got the joke ;)

I have done some research before buying a marquee monitor, wider than 21:9 you will end up in the lcd bar display section which will cost you a whole lot more, needs custom resolutions and tweaking and will take away height which in itself is very nice to have when viewing upright box fronts in Bigbox but also when you come across arcade marquees that have double the height than the more regular marquees, almost all marquees are different in size so you will get black space either way, the question you'll have to ask yourself is on which monitor would you be willing to accept black space, I rather have small black space on the top and bottom parts with the ability to display those almost 21:9 format marquees in height than bigger blocks on the side with lower height and 4 times more expensive shady chinese custom res displays. The added height is a bonus to me as is the super low price, the brightness and black levels of this monitor are even much better than my much more expensive 49 inch 4k tv, it's a great monitor to me.

I'm not sure yet but it might be possible to code the marquee xaml files to display a custom 21:9 platform marquee image with on top in the middle or side a placeholder for the box fronts or even 3D boxes, i'll be diving into this after or just before I finish the theme.

• Like 1

Finished result, release tomorrow or Monday.

--------------------------Platform View 1--------------------------

platform1.thumb.png.45d00a9d08c040181d7a77dd68b468c1.png--------------------------Platform View 2--------------------------

platform2.thumb.png.1496efe6ba560f0895a45bfe05fa5cb3.png

--------------------------Platform View 3--------------------------

platform3.thumb.png.64670a4f8290ecc419f3befc41b9b1b7.png--------------------------Platform View 4--------------------------

platform4.thumb.png.3f903e38a3f18115fea791a31ca47e9c.png--------------------------Platform View 5--------------------------

platform5.thumb.png.c2d542d9ee898a0b3ed9960522d15ab9.png--------------------------Games View 1--------------------------

wall1-4.thumb.png.1d72d0d1c03ecdabaa89e4eb0814e11e.pngwall1-3.thumb.png.f7e96c334e7531ffab976a77ceb53849.png--------------------------Games View 2--------------------------

wall2-2.thumb.png.d53a06892218f62181cfb16d60e52e42.pngwall2-1.thumb.png.00d920846b52c872c3ce97a071002211.png--------------------------Games View 3--------------------------

wall3-1.thumb.png.e718407f4a06f561486acbd195da751b.png--------------------------Games View 4--------------------------

wall4-4.thumb.png.cf67a9faf5fef69c709be3e09a9524b1.pngwall4-7.thumb.png.b3b89e77eadb21ba9716522fead75a22.pngwall4-2.thumb.png.d85d33fd81098a40147f88a6608764a1.png--------------------------Games View 5 (Game details looks the same but with other menu to the left)--------------------------

wall5-3.thumb.png.6b61e704c70a9d1cd756b7ce7aef2c4e.pngwall5-5.thumb.png.031958e462af3fada9f460e3fd591f1f.pngwall5-4.thumb.png.922769fd88af883e8b61a6a64e0e75df.png

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Woah woah woah! Ok, stop right there! :P Those game views for MAME look incredible! Do you have all the game cabs with transparent bgs?! 
Amazing work buddy :) 

Thanks bro, glad to hear you like it! :D I have made a few but mostly for CPS1 as a test, on games view 4 and 5 it's less of a problem when it's not transparent. The community has a lot of work to do lol, at least I hope it'll motivate people to upload high res transparent cabs, I will do a lot of them in the future but I also have other projects to work on.

• Like 1