LaunchBox Community Forums

Futurestate Neon Deluxe (Coming soon)

26 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Looks great.

Quick question; when the game logos wheel fades out to show the game details, the 3d box and front cart at the bottom are one custom image you made, or are they two separate ones?

The 3D box front has it's dedicated placeholder, at least it has the placeholder where you can switch the image with a button for different views like front, back etc. the cart overlaying the 3D box is also a separate placeholder for front cart. That way you don't have to customize it (making use of what has already been made, like it's supposed to) and if there ain't no cart, the 3D Box/front still keeps being centered in the left panel. The Cab placeholder doesn't have a dedicated binding path so I took the 3D cart placeholder where you can control yourself within image priorities what you want to show in this placeholder, I choose priority; cabinets then flyer back, flyer front, back and front. I'll explain it all soon in installation instructions when I upload the theme, that'll be monday as I have to make a nice video for it.

• Thanks 1

Wow, looks great!!

Regarding the marquee monitor - you said that the marquees are different sizes and you can’t get one monitor that fits all - but all of the MAME marquees have empty space above and below them (which you have filled with the blurred picture). So wouldn’t it be better to get a slightly longer aspect ratio monitor?

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Wow, looks great!!

Regarding the marquee monitor - you said that the marquees are different sizes and you can’t get one monitor that fits all - but all of the MAME marquees have empty space above and below them (which you have filled with the blurred picture). So wouldn’t it be better to get a slightly longer aspect ratio monitor?

If you have enough money anything is possible haha, but you cant beat a 169 euro monitor of this quality, and as i've said before you might want height as well for those marquee that are not like bars. Have you found affordable wider marquee displays with industry standard resolution? I haven't in the past and stopped doing research after being very happy with this display, though it could have been a little larger like 27 inch, I like the added height of this aspect ratio and I think I would regret an expensive bar display without height. I'm almost repeating my past reply on this matter so you might want to read it again, I hope you find what you are looking for ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never comment on the forums but I had to say this is by far my favorite theme!! One thing I can't figure out is how to get the 3d box art next to the cd in the bottom left corner instead of the logo again. It would also be pretty cool for the cd overlay to slide up and start spinning  from the bottom. Great work again!!

image.thumb.png.80970a3c9abe50949648fc385d04dd98.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e1iteda357 said:

I never comment on the forums but I had to say this is by far my favorite theme!! One thing I can't figure out is how to get the 3d box art next to the cd in the bottom left corner instead of the logo again. It would also be pretty cool for the cd overlay to slide up and start spinning  from the bottom. Great work again!!

image.thumb.png.80970a3c9abe50949648fc385d04dd98.png

Thanks man, glad to see you enjoy it :) In order for the 3D box to show up you have to check in keyboard or joystick button mappings (within bigbox settings) which button is set to "Switch Image Type", with this you can switch the image type in that placeholder on the fly. Not sure but do note image type view is remembered for each platform so you'll probably have to set it to the right view. I see you don't have the theme's font installed btw was this on purpose? If not check out the installation instructions, should look better. The spinning disc is something that was added to the unified theme isn't it? I am not that experienced in theming yet.

Hi ! Love your theme, and I'm currently using it on my Vewlix !

But I got a question for you : how do I change the default font, or at least how can I change its size ? My screen is a 720p one, and it's a little too big at some times, and it's overlaping ...

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adu said:

Hi ! Love your theme, and I'm currently using it on my Vewlix !

But I got a question for you : how do I change the default font, or at least how can I change its size ? My screen is a 720p one, and it's a little too big at some times, and it's overlaping ...

Thanks in advance

Thanks, glad to hear you enjoy it man :) Have you tried changing the windows dpi settings to 50%? Seeing as my resolution is 2160p I have to set it to 200% as 1080p is 100% dpi. I'm not sure with the following tip but if you dont see any changes after changing the dpi you may try right clicking on the bigbox icon and change the dpi compatibility settings to one of the 3 options.

• Like 1