AHIjS2U.png

9qoWHjV.jpg

with instruction card:

fEsIKzM.jpg

without t-molding:

ytwT340.jpg

Edited by Krakerman
  • Like 2

Is there any science to the dimensions of the game window, or is it just what looked good? In other words, for a 1080p monitor (or 4k), were they designed to be an even pixel multiplier of the game they were designed for? I know you could make the game window any size you wanted, but know that in RetroArch integer multipliers keep game artifacts from displaying. If a game was designed to be 320x200, ideally you would run it at that exact resolution. But that would be a pretty tiny game screen on today's hi-res monitors. So if you exactly doubled it to 640x400, that should accomplish the same thing, giving you, in effect, bigger pixels. But if you made the game 643x403, does that affect the game image or use more CPU? If I edit the bezel out and put in one thinner, will I have some unintended consequence to the look/play of the game?

9 hours ago, FlightRisk said:

Is there any science to the dimensions of the game window, or is it just what looked good? In other words, for a 1080p monitor (or 4k), were they designed to be an even pixel multiplier of the game they were designed for? I know you could make the game window any size you wanted, but know that in RetroArch integer multipliers keep game artifacts from displaying. If a game was designed to be 320x200, ideally you would run it at that exact resolution. But that would be a pretty tiny game screen on today's hi-res monitors. So if you exactly doubled it to 640x400, that should accomplish the same thing, giving you, in effect, bigger pixels. But if you made the game 643x403, does that affect the game image or use more CPU? If I edit the bezel out and put in one thinner, will I have some unintended consequence to the look/play of the game?

There are the purist that want the game pixels to be exact dimensions however that usually means losing a lot of the artwork. There are no rules to bezel creation you can make it whatever you want however I design mine around a 50" 4K HDTV which is what I am using and designing them off. I prefer to see more artwork and not have it squished. So I found my demensions give me the best results for displaying my bezel art and have a good size game display screen as well.

Edited by Krakerman

3 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

Wow, love that one!

Thanks! I may do a instruction card for this later. As of right now I have not found a good image out there that I can use to replicate one or base a creation of my own off of.

A vote for the instruction card! I have been collecting some. Ideally, I want one for all my favorite games. Trying to collect the control panels too.

2 hours ago, GreenGriffon said:

These are awesome, thank you so much!

Is there any way to use these with MAME?

They are for use with RocketLauncher only however they could be converted to work with MAME directly by creating a .LAY file.