LaunchBox Community Forums

Help. Artwork hunters needed

Klopjero

Hi, 

Do we have art hunters on here ? people that like to look and find artwork for other members to work with ? I used to rely on @klizine he's have the most bizarre hi-res scans you'd ever lay your eyes on. 
anyway I'm looking for a hi-res scan of Hoyle's Classic card games box front and back if possible...from 1993. I'll will post a small picture of the front..

the most annoying thing about this..is that i USED to have it, but now I can't find it anymore.. I found it while file guessing at the Sierra chest.

so please help 

cover[1].jpg

as I post this I tried to get to the parent directory.... of the sierra chest... and it just showed a me the file list... some webmasters are just lazy .. I told him about the listing rights like 2 years ago.. 

o well my gain... here is the link http://sierrachest.com/gfx/games/HoyleGames1VGA/

BTW... 

Do we have a list of art hunters on here ? should we make one ? I dunno get an art community started or something ?

• Like 1

Did not know @klizine was here! He was an awesome sidekick when I made the Famicom 3D box set.

I was thinking the same thing the other day; there are a lot of talented artists in here, however the art is centered in the audiovisual aspect (startup videos, platform videos, BB themes, etc.). Might be because all the main systems' art is somewhat already tackled and users are not "missing" stuff? I dont know.

I am in for your idea, Jero. Currently finishing a NES real 3D box set and NES real 2D cart set. 

• Like 1

I looked around as well and couldn't find anything else either. If you don't mind a repro box then I can try taking the artwork from one of the few boxes there are and recreate the english box front. While there's no images of the actual box back, Broderbund boxes weren't all that complex and there's plenty of game images that I could try to make a mock box back if you don't mind that. Let me know if this is something you want me to mess around with and see what I can come up with, also what image size if anything specific do you want?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voicesinthedark said:

I looked around as well and couldn't find anything else either. If you don't mind a repro box then I can try taking the artwork from one of the few boxes there are and recreate the english box front. While there's no images of the actual box back, Broderbund boxes weren't all that complex and there's plenty of game images that I could try to make a mock box back if you don't mind that. Let me know if this is something you want me to mess around with and see what I can come up with, also what image size if anything specific do you want?

That would be swell :). For my scummVM box project, I'm now at the living books, educational games. I've had to create some back covers for the Crazy nick's software picks. all in all I'm making good progress. over 160 boxes are done.. and I'm currently wondering if, when I'm done if I should take on the list of SVN game titles. your help would be most welcome @voicesinthedark

1 hour ago, Klopjero said:

That would be swell :). For my scummVM box project, I'm now at the living books, educational games. I've had to create some back covers for the Crazy nick's software picks. all in all I'm making good progress. over 160 boxes are done.. and I'm currently wondering if, when I'm done if I should take on the list of SVN game titles. your help would be most welcome @voicesinthedark

I've had maybe 5 hours of sleep in the past three days so I'm going to attempt to get a couple of hours sleep and then when I wake up I'll see what I can do with it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Klopjero said:

I'l see it when It's done mate,  no need to rush.

Well I got all of the different sections isolated, but the actual art section was driving me nuts because there was so much artifacting and grim on it, especially on the clouds so I decided to just redo them and then noticed how bad the sky and the rest of it was so now I'm a few hours into completely cleaning it all by hand and then I can get back to finishing up the box front. Then i'll get started on the box back. 

10 minutes ago, voicesinthedark said:

Well I got all of the different sections isolated, but the actual art section was driving me nuts because there was so much artifacting and grim on it, especially on the clouds so I decided to just redo them and then noticed how bad the sky and the rest of it was so now I'm a few hours into completely cleaning it all by hand and then I can get back to finishing up the box front. Then i'll get started on the box back. 

if you're ever in the vacinity of Rotterdam in the Netherlands be sure to let me know. I'll buy you a drink or something. thanks man

1 hour ago, klizine said:

Well, I've found a box picture with the side.... from "The Family Pack".  Hope it helps!

992992885_o.jpg

On the spine of the Darby box between the dragon and the blue discovery bar at the very bottom of the box, does anyone know what that graphic is? I think it's their rectangular PC CD-Rom Disc graphic but I can't tell for sure.

PS: I need to take a bit of a break because my eyes keep going all wonky from staring at pixels for so long a stretch but I have about 3/4ths of the original artwork cleaned up for your repo box. After working on this thing all day I might very well need a drink, but unfortunately the farthest I've ever been outside of this shithole aka THe USA is Canada so don't think I'll be getting to your part of the world anytime soon, but thanks for the offer. 

it looks like a european esrb rating graphic

COuldn't find it anywhere but then I pulled out the few big boxes that I still own.. and I found it it.. it's the mark of the European leisure software publishers association.

Image result for European leisure software publishers association

Edited by Klopjero
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

it looks like a european esrb rating graphic

COuldn't find it anywhere but then I pulled out the few big boxes that I still own.. and I found it it.. it's the mark of the European leisure software publishers association.

Image result for European leisure software publishers association

Oh awesome, thanks. The will definitely help. I have 90% of the box front done, now it's mostly just the gradients for the colored bars on the top side and bottom of the box front and then trying to match up the rest of the text on it.