LaunchBox Community Forums

Hi @bbweiners. Hope your good mate.

Was just wondering... in your dpad script is there any reason why you haven't included the joystick movement. I think its on the same page as the POV in the ahk docs. Just in case you didn't notice it, here is the dpad script with the joystick copied and pasted to it.

You should make sure it runs ok though. The movement might be to quick or slow.

To speed up joystick movement decrease the 175 in this:

SetTimer, WatchAxis, 175

To slow the movement down increase the 175. Do the same with the WatchPov as I haven't tested it properly. When I get a chance I could add the ability to change movement speed in the config.ahk.

Unless you intentionally left the joystick off the script. Which means again Iv wasted my time lol. 

DPad.ahk

@Kondorito The background is just a .png that's bundled with the script. You could use any pic you want. Just replace the .png called PauseMenuBackground.png with whatever you'd like.

The font can be easily changed too. There are 4 lines in the script that say "gui, add, button" followed by the font name. (I want to say lines 29-32. I'm typing this from my phone, so I can't look right now). You can change the font name to whatever you want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

Thanks guys, will mess with it this weekend. Do you think it would be easy to set custom pngs and/or fonts per core or platform? 

The way @bbweiners has set this out it would be possible to have custom pngs and fonts on a per emulator basis. I guess with modifying the way this is installed and run just for retroarch its also possible to have custom config for retroarch cores. But to be honest that will be a long way off yet. If you want per platform get over to the poll on bitbucket and vote for expanding on additional apps in launchbox. A per platform ahk script would work for this.

@bbweiners Here's a test for the font type. It is just a test script. But will give you an idea of what the folder structure will need to be like to have different themes etc. Run the config, click the font and size button and then use the preview button.

@bbweiners Hey ol friend, ol buddy, ol pal.. here's the thing. At some point I will want to play around with the buttons on your pause menu. I would like to be able to use picture buttons but... there are not enough profanities in any language to explain how bad I am at creating themes, hate using photoshop, hate searching and never finding good images.  Creating a theme editor... yeah sure, creating a theme... just no.

Any chance you or even someone else could find or create some images to use as buttons. Due to limitations... in my skill level. The images need to include the words for the buttons, so will need to include the words save, load, cancel, power within the image. And they need to be .bmp and about the same size as your buttons. I would really really appreciate it, otherwise an example theme will just be white background and black writing. lol.

config with font type.zip

Edited by jayjay
  • Thanks 1

Now Iv tested it again... although it works, I get the fail message if I leave it a while.

Can you test this

Open config.ahk in scite

Go to line 147

Replace:

return true

with

msgbox %FontTypeSze%

Run the config, change font type and save... and tell me if you get a message box with something that looks like:

Gui,Font,c s35     Q4,Impact

or any other font type.

In the mario pause menu this is 1 button, the cancel button:

Gui, Add, Button, vBT1 x200 y600 w200 h50 hwndHBT1 gCancel, Cancel
Opt1 := [3, 0x00FFFF, 0xcfcfcf, "Red", , , "Black"]
Opt2 := {2: 0xFFFF00, 3: 0x00FF00}
Opt3 := {2: 0xFFFF00, 3: 0x00FF00, 7: 0x3c7fb1}
Opt5 := {2: 0xFFFF00, 3: 0x00FF00, 7: 0x3c7fb1, 8:3}
If !ImageButton.Create(HBT1, Opt1, Opt2, Opt3, , Opt5)
    MsgBox, 0, ImageButton Error Btn1, % ImageButton.LastError

This uses Class_Image_Button. Where you see "Red" thats the font colour. "black" is border colour, you might be able to change those for hex codes, im not sure. All the 0x00FFFF etc's are hex codes for the colours. Im not sure on what anything else does.

I also modified your script... poorly... because I was having trouble adding the transparency. I basically turned your script into a mess... like usual.

Hey @bbweiners. When you get a chance can you test this please. Its the mario pause menu again. Its just a test to try to get image buttons to work inside retroarch. Its been a ball ache to get working but yet seems simple. Im hoping it also works for you as well.

Extract the folder to Launchbox directory. No need to rename the folder.

Inside the folder, run "generate LB script.ahk". 

A txt file will open, copy the text to launchbox's retroarch ahk tab.

Start a game.

Press esc.

And can you let me know if you see coin blocks for buttons.

MarioPauseMenuTest.zip

Hey, @jayjay.  Sorry I've been pretty sparse spending time on this project lately. I've just been busy, and I've lost the ability to mess around with this while at work, since our security got a lot tighter. (I can no longer launch RetroArch). I will hopefully get a chance tonight after work to try the new pause menu. It looks really cool. 

• 2 weeks later...