LaunchBox Community Forums

Ambience Theme (initial testing)

Grila

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

Looking good.

Do you plan on having the option to change the separating ; for Player Mode and Genre to something of the users choice like "- | ·" ?

image.thumb.png.ef172a164daafe2df70eafc7fbeeb3ec.png

Nope, this is for my personal setup. I'm only making it available based on previous input. I have no plans on making it customized to everyone's liking but my own. It sounds kind of selfish, but there are many other limitations to this theme that will ultimately lead to it being not widely used. It's tailored to the way I have things set up than to how the normal person has things set up (I don't use playlists, for example. I create a platform for them).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MadK9 said:

Its built into BB, just push Up, that should bring it up.

Sorry I should of been more clear I'm talking about how he removed search and was able to make the letters centred evenly as the default is opposite of that not centred and not evenly spread out, so like depending on the letter the padding? for each letter is different.

Did you create another Style? If so do you mind showing me how you done it? or did you just place it in a viewbox and removed/added padding?

Edited by wallmachine

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2018 at 8:38 PM, Grila said:

Nope, this is for my personal setup. I'm only making it available based on previous input. I have no plans on making it customized to everyone's liking but my own. It sounds kind of selfish, but there are many other limitations to this theme that will ultimately lead to it being not widely used. It's tailored to the way I have things set up than to how the normal person has things set up (I don't use playlists, for example. I create a platform for them).

any release date ? this looks amazing !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, knightCrawler said:

Awesome looking theme it should work great with low spec PC's!!!  

Release date?

I havent seen @Grila around to much lately, and of course i do not speak for him in any way. :) That said, i don't think he would ever give a release date, he is a done when it's done kinda guy, and as he said earlier in the thread he is actually making this for his personal use/build, with no guarantee of it being released to the community.

Which is fine by me, @Grila has been a godsend here with the themes he has released and the general courteous and honest reply's to comments/requests on his other themes and plugins. If he chooses to finish this theme but keep it to himself, then that is entirely his choice, and i for one thank him for his contributions to this community thus far.   

So i would say at this point to not hold your breath for a release, but who knows. :) 

Also he already has some themes available for low specced hardware if that is specifically what you are after.

• Like 1

ok understood.. Im not a theme maker for launchbox though I have done for other simpler frontends that do not require visual basic to edit.. I tried to go through a tutorial video I think was by Jason but kinda lost interest when Jason was talking about the features in the paid version of visual basic.. I think the only limitation that I see at the moment with launchbox is theme development!!! if you compare the number of user with the number of themes created is very minimal. I would create/edit something similar already done by the community that did not require Visual Basics.

3 minutes ago, knightCrawler said:

ok understood.. Im not a theme maker for launchbox though I have done for other simpler frontends that do not require visual basic to edit.. I tried to go through a tutorial video I think was by Jason but kinda lost interest when Jason was talking about the features in the paid version of visual basic.. I think the only limitation that I see at the moment with launchbox is theme development!!! if you compare the number of user with the number of themes created is very minimal. I would create/edit something similar already done by the community that did not require Visual Basics.

You dont need visual studio for themes. I believe @CriticalCid created all his themes by just coding the .xaml by itself.

Of course it would allow people with less skill to build it if it was UI only but it would also diminish some of the power of what you can do with it because we have some wizards here that discover new things about the xaml with each new theme they do and having that coding ability to create enhanced features would be hard to add into a GUI because it isn't a visual implementation things like timing.