Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Bobsaidwzob

Dreamcast GDI Files Conversion

Recommended Posts

for anyone who has the 2019 redump set featuring cues and having a hard time actually using them (because reicast is kinda super geared towards android users) redump offers the gdis on there site which make the set perfectly usable with with redream nulldc and demul without any sort of modification. in case anyone was curious

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all

I've been trying to get the CHD conversion to work.  What I'm reading everywhere is that you need the v4 version of chdman.exe to have them show up with Redream (standalone).  I've found the correct version of chdman with an older version of MAME, but it doesn't work with the .bat file that Neil posted.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction if they know of an easy way?  The files that Neil posted work great to make the CHD, but it doesn't work within Redream.  

I don't mind doing some work, but I'm not a programmer.  Thanks

 

-mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, markywmson said:

Hey all

I've been trying to get the CHD conversion to work.  What I'm reading everywhere is that you need the v4 version of chdman.exe to have them show up with Redream (standalone).  I've found the correct version of chdman with an older version of MAME, but it doesn't work with the .bat file that Neil posted.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction if they know of an easy way?  The files that Neil posted work great to make the CHD, but it doesn't work within Redream.  

I don't mind doing some work, but I'm not a programmer.  Thanks

 

-mark

I use standalone Redream myself, and my CHD's work just fine with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That's so weird.  I don't understand it at all.  I went and got the v4 version of chdman.exe and edited some of the .bat file you had (removed the modifiers and some other hail mary editing) and somehow it worked.  But I tried 10 different times between the zip you posted and the one the other guy did (with the little GUI frontend) and none of them would work with Redream 1.4 (for me at least).  Maybe I was doing something wrong, but using v4 fixed the problem for some reason.  With the one from your zipfile, the Redream Library wouldn't even recognize that there were games there.

I'm gonna post my zipfile here too just in case this can fix someone else's problem.  I really want to get to the bottom of why the same file on 2 different computers produces different results.

 

GDI to CHD v4.zip

Edited by markywmson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 11:14 PM, neil9000 said:

Unzip this and drop both files into your rom folder and run the bat. This is what i used to convert mine and it worked fine.

Cue_or_GDI_to_CHD.7z

Does this support cdda games, like Aqua GT and Mk Gold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 11:19 PM, Kondorito said:

Adding another tool besides Neil's. Just in case.

Run the exe, and specify the source and the destination folders in the GUI and that's it. You even get the app minimized, and it lets you pause/play the process, and it will let you know once it is done (it can read subfolders as well so you dont need to run it on each GDI).

 

Dreamcast GDI to CHD.zip

Will it work with CDDA tracks games, like MK Gold and Aqua GT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dj Chubby said:

Will it work with CDDA tracks games, like MK Gold and Aqua GT?

You have those games in GDI format, plus some CDDA tracks linked to them? I have never seen that, but you could give it a try.
This tool simply searches for files with gdi extensions in your selected source folder, and creates the chds in your selected destination folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kondorito said:

You have those games in GDI format, plus some CDDA tracks linked to them? I have never seen that, but you could give it a try.
This tool simply searches for files with gdi extensions in your selected source folder, and creates the chds in your selected destination folder.

I have separated directories with .gdi files and some tracks: inMK Gold, there are track01.bin, track03.bin and track 53.bin, plus some trackxx.raw, whick are cdda tracks. In MK Gold, the tracks from track04 to track52 are all .raw format, which can be converted to wav with a tool, raw2wav.exe.

I wanted to know if there's a tool capable of compressing in1 CHD all .bin tracks and all .raw tracks, or if every cdda game must be treatedthe old way to generate a .cdi file to convert to chd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dj Chubby said:

I have separated directories with .gdi files and some tracks: inMK Gold, there are track01.bin, track03.bin and track 53.bin, plus some trackxx.raw, whick are cdda tracks. In MK Gold, the tracks from track04 to track52 are all .raw format, which can be converted to wav with a tool, raw2wav.exe.

I wanted to know if there's a tool capable of compressing in1 CHD all .bin tracks and all .raw tracks, or if every cdda game must be treatedthe old way to generate a .cdi file to convert to chd!

I don't know to be honest; with Dreamcast I always worked with gdi, cdi and chd, never converted to any other format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok! Do You know a guide to extract all gdi files and convert the extracted files (cdda tracks include) from them to a selfboot cdi untouched file?

It would be best in italian language, but even English is good!

Thank You very much in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dj Chubby said:

Ok! Do You know a guide to extract all gdi files and convert the extracted files (cdda tracks include) from them to a selfboot cdi untouched file?

It would be best in italian language, but even English is good!

Thank You very much in advance!

Don't have any goto guides; but check these and see if they are of any help:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I used the tool on the first page, but how do I combine the files to be shown on LB. 

I have the titles but then a bunch of track files with no box art, 

 

to transfer to the new app I guess I need them all combined? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...