LaunchBox Community Forums

Stella doesn't open

AgoustBolchz

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:29 AM, AgoustBolchz said:

Hi, thanks for the replies. @bundangdon I have the latest version of both Stella and Launchbox. @Retro808 The names match. Any other idea?

Perhaps you could try (backing up first and) deleting your config files, which are located in C:\users\"your username"\AppData\roaming\stella , assuming that you're using windows 10. Sometimes the config files cause issues and just need to be updated.

To begin with, thank you all so much for your help. Even though we couldn't find a solution yet, I really appreciate your time and effort. You guys rock ?

Didn't work with Juno First, with installer 5.1.3 instead of zipped, by deleting the AppData folder and registries or with 6.0 beta. I'm starting to think that it might be something with my GPU since it's the only variable that they all have in common. Also some days ago I changed some settings at the NVidia Control Panel's 3D settings to make Cemu run better. Any clue?

2 minutes ago, AgoustBolchz said:

Didn't work with Juno First, with installer 5.1.3 instead of zipped, by deleting the AppData folder and registries or with 6.0 beta. I'm starting to think that it might be something with my GPU since it's the only variable that they all have in common. Also some days ago I changed some settings at the NVidia Control Panel's 3D settings to make Cemu run better. Any clue?

It really shouldn't matter just for a program to run. But I'm clueless at this point. Hopefully someone else with more experience will chime in :)

9 minutes ago, AgoustBolchz said:

Also some days ago I changed some settings at the NVidia Control Panel's 3D settings to make Cemu run better. Any clue?

If you did that you should of changed them for that program only, not globally.

Im intrigued now, gonna go and download stella to test.

Somehow the problem was that I had some settings for the program and the advice was to leave that alone and change it globally. Weird but it worked.

Great, thank you. The more people that make it work out of the box the worse I feel lol. I miss the old days, my other emulators worked out of the box too.

Edited by AgoustBolchz

1 minute ago, AgoustBolchz said:

Nono, sorry. Cemu didn't work and it worked when I changed some Nvidia configuration globally

I changed some nvidia settings for cemu also, but i did it for that program only, not globally. Try resetting them back to defaults and trying stella again. Its possible you changed/turned off something the emu needs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, proghodet said:

Needs? It's an Atari 2600 emulator, all it needs is some cardboard and a jar of mayo, hurr durr!

.. Sorry, I haven't got anything nice to say, so I'll be quiet now.

Lol, it may be that it has to have vsync on and wont work when its turned off at the GPU level, just a example, it "shouldnt" matter your right, but the fact that it works fine for everyone else means its something related to his system specifically.

• Like 1

You are right.

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Jason wont be able to help you anymore than we are, this isnt a launchbox issue.

Changed the Nvidia settings and nothing changed. And now that I think about it, if opening a game from Stella's GUI works, then it's not an Nvidia configuration problem. What influences that a game opens from the outside instead of from the GUI? Permission issues?

4 minutes ago, AgoustBolchz said:

You are right.

Changed the Nvidia settings and nothing changed. And now that I think about it, if opening a game from Stella's GUI works, then it's not an Nvidia configuration problem. What influences that a game opens from the outside instead of from the GUI? Permission issues?

If it was permission issues windows would pop a box saying so. Have you only tried using stella? did you try a different emulator first?

1 minute ago, AgoustBolchz said:

I have 20+ emulators all working fine. Just Stella.

I used both the Stella downloaded and installed, both with their original paths and my own (without the 64 bit folder). None worked.

Did you bulk edit the games when changing the emulator?