LaunchBox Community Forums

8.6-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, alissongamer said:

I have two doubts.
With this new specific function to import roms from MAME and wanted to know which best set you are using, Split, Merged or no-Merged.
Another mistake I noticed was that the Launchbox imported files that were not games because the CHDs and BIOS are in the same folder as the roms.

You can use either non-merged, merged or split it doesnt matter. As for importing the bios and CHD's that shouldn't be possible, Launchbox just needs to know the location of your romset, it doesnt move any files or technically "import" the files it just needs to know the path location, as does MAME of course. Are you sure you used the new full romset importer in Tools/Import/Import Full MAME set? because i imported from a full Non-Merged set and i dont have any CHD's or bios files imported, just the working games.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

You can use either non-merged, merged or split it doesnt matter. As for importing the bios and CHD's that shouldn't be possible, Launchbox just needs to know the location of your romset, it doesnt move any files or technically "import" the files it just needs to know the path location, as does MAME of course. Are you sure you used the new full romset importer in Tools/Import/Import Full MAME set? because i imported from a full Non-Merged set and i dont have any CHD's or bios files imported, just the working games.

Yes, I'm sure I minded the new method and even then it imported files that are not games, and so I'm erasing them manually. Various files with bios name, VGA cards, serial ports, etc ...

erro.thumb.png.cf00df668e8ae408fc7d536ce9f0aeb7.png

Edited by alissongamer

Im not sure what to tell you there, i have all my bios and CHD's in the same folder as my roms also, and as you can see from the below image i only have the games imported. I specifically highlighted the game Kangaroo as it is in your image above, and as you can see everything around it are games. What your image looks like to me is that the entire roms folder was imported, which shouldn't be possible with the new MAME importer, as it knows which games are working and which are bios files and only imports the working games, it looks more to me like the standard importer so it just imported everything in your roms folder.

image.png

18 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Multi-threading won't help much for downloading media, as bandwidth is typically the limiting factor. This has been discussed previously and in some situations it might be slightly quicker to multi-thread the downloads, but the performance improvements aren't likely to be substantial, so it's not a priority.

Also, looking at processor utilization honestly makes zero sense when what's going on is downloads, as the CPU really has very little to do with the process.

Thanks Jason.  that makes sense.

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I remember this coming up before. All I can figure is that maybe you have a platform or a playlist named All? Do you have any files named All.xml in LaunchBox\Data\Platforms or LaunchBox\Data\Playlists?

I do not have a platform or playlist named "All". I checked all my folders in LaunchBox.

10 hours ago, sundogak said:

I notice after importing via the Mame full set feature that the Audit Current Platform and Scan Removed/Added roms menu options within the Tools menu are all dimmed out and not selectable.  Is that by design?  I could maybe see the add/removed roms in that the new concept is to pull from official set each time but the audit feature is still a very useful feature (particularly for seeing add/corrects relative to the LB database).

Thanks, Chris

These options should not be dimmed out; do you have the Arcade platform selected? Or a playlist?

7 hours ago, ALIE said:

FIXED - i remembered having seen it reported before.  LB didn't give me the next beta update message so i started up big box and it did.

I get this error soon as lb starts and every time  a click with the mouse.

cant accesses setting or even hit close window.

Cef can only be initialized once. Use Cef.IsInitialized to guard against this exception.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 8.6-beta-13
Type:    System.Exception
Site:    Boolean Initialize(CefSharp.CefSettings, Boolean, CefSharp.IBrowserProcessHandler)
Source:  CefSharp.Core

at CefSharp.Cef.Initialize(CefSettings cefSettings, Boolean performDependencyCheck, IBrowserProcessHandler browserProcessHandler)
   at gogPlugin.GogPluginEvents.OnEventRaised(String eventType)
   at (MainViewModel , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<AttachView>b__242_8(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Window.OnActivated(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Window.WmActivate(IntPtr wParam)
   at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

11:39:47 AM Music.Prepare Start
   11:39:47 Music.Kill Start
   11:39:47 Music.Kill Finished
   11:39:47 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   11:39:48 Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
   11:39:48 AM Exception

This is an bug/incompatibility issue with the GOG plugin. This error should not come up with beta 14.

5 hours ago, alissongamer said:

I have two doubts.
With this new specific function to import roms from MAME and wanted to know which best set you are using, Split, Merged or no-Merged.
Another mistake I noticed was that the Launchbox imported files that were not games because the CHDs and BIOS are in the same folder as the roms.

Any set will work great with the new full-set importer. This is because the new full-set importer does not even look at the files, because it doesn't need to; it knows what the full set is. Therefore, assuming you're actually using the new full-set importer, it's a genuine impossibility that it's importing any extra files.

3 hours ago, alissongamer said:

Yes, I'm sure I minded the new method and even then it imported files that are not games, and so I'm erasing them manually. Various files with bios name, VGA cards, serial ports, etc ...

erro.thumb.png.cf00df668e8ae408fc7d536ce9f0aeb7.png

I'm not sure if maybe you didn't use the full-set importer and used the old importer instead, or if these are just files that are usually filtered out by the various criteria.

Just now, Kevin_Flynn said:

Bug: Is image auditing broken for anyone else? 2D and 3D Box Images are including images from both categories, 3D Cart Images should be 0, etc.

image.thumb.png.e4a94563532a3f7d5d669e31d55d78ce.png

This depends on your image priorities setting in Launchbox, if you have 2D boxes checked under the 3D box priorities then they will be included here, its always been this way.